Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
now you be sure to tell your mama I said hello
I will, Dreamer...first thing in the morning. I'm sure she will tell you hello right back....
Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I'm glad that you guys are taking the focus off me and my "bottle tree" and blaming it all on Dreamer. I guess you forget that that is why Dreamer became such a lush in the first place, she was trying to help me collect bottles for my bottle tree. In case you are unaware, bottle trees are used to collect the "Evil Spirits" that exist. My neighborhood, in particular, my neighbor, is terribly infested with Evil Spirits that need to be collected. My plan is to put it outside their bedroom window, so hopefully the tinkling of the bottles with drive them wacky doodle.
Dreamer only drinks stuff from pretty bottles...the ones that will look best on Grann's bottle tree! hehe!!! I saw a pretty blue one at the store last week and meant to ask you if you had any blue ones....
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 PM

Marion...Glad you could use the info. AND for any newbies...last year my daughter & I joined and it really helped to read all of the year before thread...helps with ideas & to see what people sent as surprises. So NEWBIES, I DO recommend you read the thread from 2012. Still need to pm Teri but life is in the way right now...soon!

Last edited by VickiM; 09-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:24 PM

dreamer, you are so funny...cant wait for your antics!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:10 PM

I just want to remind everyone that who you get IS NOT the person that is sending back to you. I have had a couple people ask me that and the answer is NO. If Sue gets Mary, Mary DOES NOT get Sue (example)

I mix up the names and you never know how I'm going to put them out. I think last year I went alphabetically by first names. Not sure. I don't keep the lists from past years. Those are deleted about a month or so after Secret Santa is over.

As to gifts....There's usually something that the person is wanting. Take your pick from their list. If you are unsure that what you are wanting to get the person, PM me, I can ask the person for you and get back to you with an answer. THE ONLY PERSON THAT KNOWS WHO YOU HAVE AND WHO HAS YOUR NAME IS ME!!! And if you want to know WHO has your name, I've opened a Paypal account for you to deposit $1,000,000 US (real money, will not except anything else)

Last edited by tlrnhi; 09-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Sounds fair to me! You must be burning the midnight oil! Are you in that deep hole you dug? Seriously though,I love what you're doing and the camaraderie and you're doing a great job...love it!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:14 AM

is anyone awake yet? Its half past wine-o-clock!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 AM

I'm awake, have been for about an hour and half. Seems the food dish was empty and a certain little boy wanted to make sure EVERYONE knew it. ARGH! Going back to bed for about an hour.

I try to work on the list first thing in the morning and then before I go to bed. Sometimes I get a chance during the day, but at the moment, I have a ton of cleaning and boxes to get unpacked. Plus, MIL and SIL come in today, have to go to airport to get them.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 AM

I'm up too. Seems a certain mischievous kitty wanted to play. Right around my head! Oh well, as soon as I get GS off to school, it's time to get busy in the studio on one of my show quilts. It's going to be too hot to sew this afternoon out there. We're having temps still in the mid-90's. Wish it would cool down!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:20 AM

Good morning everyone. Hope you all slept well, and are thinking about what you want for Christmas. All I want for Christmas is Fabric, Fabric, Fabric. Any color, any blend, any print. Not picky. That should make it easy for everyone. And as for bottles, I do have blues ones, just got some amber ones, now trying for interesting shapes. My biggest issue is where to put the bottle tree so I don't make DLB (Dear Lawn Boy) mad. He doesn't like me having too many things to mow around.