Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Brother1500 in Table?? >
  • Brother1500 in Table??

• Brother1500 in Table??

Old 09-18-2013, 05:05 PM

Default Brother1500 in Table??

Has anyone put a Brother 1500 down in a table? I bought an old kitchen table to do this with, but when the machine came today, I realized that if I don't use the extension table when I drop it down, the bobbin is almost impossible to get to. Has anyone did this? Did you do it with or without the extension table? Oh and did I say "this machine rocks!!" I can't wait to get it in the table and quilt my first queen size quilt.
    Old 09-18-2013, 05:14 PM

I have mine in a sewing cabinet. The "hole" is big enough to reach in and get at the bobbin. I have a Sew Easy acrylic insert that easily slides over to get at the bobbin.
    Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Do you have a pic? I can't seem to get my head around how it's done? How can you slide the insert if it' s down in the table?
    Old 09-19-2013, 05:13 AM

Mine is in a cabinet also. I had a 1/4" acrylic surround cut and just slide it out of the way. The tray has shims to support the 1500 as it is set for a Pfaff 2170.

Here's a pic of a commercial one for reference:
    http://www.sewingmates.com/surround-...abinet-insert/
    Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 AM

Mine is in an old library table, thus is very, very sturdy. I didn't cut the table larger than the footprint, and I can fin-a-gle the bobbin most of the time. When it's tough, I just take the machine out and fiddle with it. If your hand is larger than mine, it would be tough though. I may sometime cut out an inset for this area.
    I love this machine also.
    Old 09-21-2013, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by lhayes1976
    Do you have a pic? I can't seem to get my head around how it's done? How can you slide the insert if it' s down in the table?
    My insert is from Sew Steady (not Sew Easy as I originally said). There's a wooden ridge around the opening if the table that the insert sits on. Inserts are made specific to the table and also to the machine. I think you could go online and look at some and then see if you could adapt your table to something like the cabinets. I took some photos and can send them to you if you PM me your email address.
    Old 09-21-2013, 06:24 AM

I also have the Brothers 1500., My Dh made me a quilting table by cutting the legs off an old kitchen table and adding 2 layers of foam insulation. Here is the link to the utube how to make the top.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14govA4pIM
    He put on the foam top and then adjusted the table height so it is ergonomically correct for me. This really gives you a lot of quilting space and can also be (sort of easily) removed. Actually I keep my machine in it all the time even for piecing. Lot of room to spread out. As for accessing the bobbin- yes it is a pain. I have to lift my machine up to get to the bobbin case. Oh well- I still love this machine. Also this set up can be used got other machine as well. I put my brothers on a board to raise it to even level but my Singer fits in it without the board.