Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
Let's see- a trip to Pink Lady way up north and then a trip to see you

I really do need to get that passport .

OH - I have always wanted to go to Australia - sounds like fun to me!!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 AM

I received a lovely table runner from QuilterMomma today. I love the way the colours blend into each other. She really has a talent for putting patterns and colour together to make a stunning runner. And it is huge. I might just have to buy a table to fit it! Thank you so very much, Beth.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]436925[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall table runner curved.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	436925  
Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I received a lovely table runner from QuilterMomma today. I love the way the colours blend into each other. She really has a talent for putting patterns and colour together to make a stunning runner. And it is huge. I might just have to buy a table to fit it! Thank you so very much, Beth.
OH MY!!..................
All the periods were me being speechless (Quit snickering..yep, even Kif can be speechless..lol). That runner is stunning!!!! Belfry, I don't want you to have to worry about getting a larger table, no siree, just send that amazing runner to me! I will force myself to display it...because I am sweet like that...mmm-hmmm...yeppers.
...................(more silent awe just looking at the pic).
Enjoy that runner, Belfry!!!
Regards,
A stunned to silence Kif
Old 09-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Boy, I missed the mark, to big huh? Let it drape nicely over the edges, wont be an issue. Do I need to do another one? It won't be as pretty because I used the remaining fabric for my runner. LOL
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 AM

That is gorgeous - great job. Someday, someday I am going to get the pattern and try to make one.. I've eyed this pattern for some time now...

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Old 09-19-2013, 12:20 PM

oh I love those swirl runners! the fall colors are done very well. Your right she has an eye for color! My dear Jaba made me one with deer, fall leaves, beautiful fall colors last season. The reverse is a fishermans dream .. my husband loves that runner above all the other runners .. if it was up to him it would be deer season all year I do have it out about half the time but occasionally I need my.. holiday seasonal fix too! you know if you sent it to ME it would cover the bright part of fall here.. and fit my table coffee table with room to spare. its a cool design.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM

I'm in the last throws of my table topper - love the final product but wonder if I should take out all of the quilting and starting over......just not happy with the way it is laying. Should I wash it and press it good or undo? Want it to be perfect for Cheesehead.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:18 PM

QuilterMomma - I love that table runner. I have the pattern and tool - but have yet to attempt it. Maybe . . .
Anyway - yours is gorgeous!!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
I'm in the last throws of my table topper - love the final product but wonder if I should take out all of the quilting and starting over......just not happy with the way it is laying. Should I wash it and press it good or undo? Want it to be perfect for Cheesehead.
Oh my gosh Marti, don't take it apart!!!! I'm sure it's just perfect the way it is, you just know I am going to love it. So stop fretting about it, I am looking forward to seeing it.

Jan
Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
Marti,
I say this from experience...I am the "Queen" of taking out my work...so much so that my dear hubby has told me he thinks I like to take things out more than making them...lol...
My "quilty sisters" tell me my work is fine, I am too hard on myself, and leave it alone! I know some of them are the same, and I think their work is lovely!
I am finally listening to the gals...I always say I am going to do fmq on these runners...then I do a little of it, hate it and take it out..revert back to 1/8" away straight outline quilting and hand quilting...Well, this time I did the outline on the straight parts, I then did fmq around the rest...is it perfect?? Nope...Is it even as "good" as I think it should be?? Nope...and it NEVER would be...so I left it, and showed it to hubby...he was really proud I didn't take it out...and I showed it to my mom...and she said it looked great ( Not a "typical" mom...she is awesome, but she and I have a deal that we tell each other the truth..good, bad, indifferent...so if she says it's great, then I believe she thinks so).
So, after my "novel" I say if you deep down were to see that runner and someone else had quilted it, would you think it was good? Or would you not? If it's the 1st, leave it...get it packaged...and send it on with the heartfelt work you put into it...
Take care,
Kif