Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Boy, I missed the mark, to big huh? Let it drape nicely over the edges, wont be an issue. Do I need to do another one? It won't be as pretty because I used the remaining fabric for my runner. LOL
Oh no, this one stays and will be prominently displayed. If push comes to shove, I'll clear the sewing things off the dining room table and display this work of art! Actually, I do have the perfect spot for it -- a square tableI've been refinishing that this will fit perfectly with the ends gracefully draping off the side. I've been dragging my feet getting the table done and this will spur me on to finish it. Eat your hearts out, folks, but at this point, I'm declaring myself a winner in the tablerunner running!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:51 AM

Yippee!! My runner is on its way here from " across the pond, mate". My partner won't be getting hers as quick.. I have it ready to ship, but I am fixing up a pkg to send her with fabrics she also wants to buy..we figure save money and ship it and the runner all at once. I was astonished when she told me lqs fabric where she is in Australia can run $23-$28 per metre. I looked up how long a metre is, finding it's a tad more than a yard. Wow! At those prices I would probably be a crocheter and embroidery person only! So, Brat this will also give you a "heads up" that Lynnie and I have worked this out and I am not "standing her up" on getting her runner
Take care all,
Kif
PS Belfry, if there was a "raspberry" emoticon I would send it to ya! So, here's my version: Thphbphhttt... that's for not only receiving that awesome runner from QuilterMomma but bragging about it, too!! I must add I don't blame ya one bit for any of it either! I would be a-bragging, too!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-20-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:42 AM

Jaba,
Just returned from the Post Office, your runner is in the mail! Hope you enjoy it! Should have it on Monday!
Laurel
Old 09-20-2013, 12:53 PM

Just returned from the Post Office also to put Oksewnsew's runner in the mail. Hope she likes it!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 PM

Next week is going to be so much fun to see all the pictures of all the runners being sent.

Jan
Old 09-20-2013, 02:37 PM

ok my thoughts on taking the quilting out.. why is your quilt not laying 'right'? is it the quilting or the piecing that is causing this to bother you? is it the type of batting, is it too thick so its too poofy? someone will have the right answer if you post the details

I too am excited to see the rest role in. We have a bit more time to finish up so please please please say you have STARTED

today has been a pookey day for me and I am posting this as a warning to everyone with cats. My cat started getting sick last night throwing up and throwing up.. just water but all night long. would not eat today. Still was getting sick and by 11 am I had to call the vet. I was hoping it would go away. no such luck. The vet actually sent someone out to pick up the cat as I had no car to get the cat there before it closed. They were worried he needed to be seen immediately as its pretty unusual for a cat to throw up so much for so long. Well long and short.. the cat likes to bite through the thread top of the machine.. cant tell you how often I have sat down to sew only to discover the thread is broken. Apparently he not only bit it he had it wrapped around his tongue and down his throat. He is in surgery now to find out if they can pull it up or if he has to go abdominal. He should be just fine. A horrible day/night for both of us and a bill now facing me at anywhere from $600 to $1200 all because I don't cover my machine when finished. I have no excuse I had a case for it but never bothered using it. Bother using yours please.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:20 PM

teappot I am so looking forward to receiving it, will let you know when it arrives.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:25 PM

Received my runner!!!!! Omg it is so pretty. The colors are so nice and it fits my table nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	623.7 KB
ID:	437140  
Old 09-20-2013, 04:57 PM

Oh Elisabrat you just never know what you pet will eat. We once had a cat who also like to eat thread and yarn. She was a pain. One day the phone rang and I set my knitting down when I came back she had bit though the yarn and eat about 2 feet of it. Lucky for use no surgery was needed. We now have a dog that will eat beer caps grrr. Love him dearly but sure do have to be careful when we have people over. Nice runner Quiltermmma love those colours.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:24 PM

Such pretty runners I see,
Now who is going to share with me ?