Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-20-2013, 12:46 AM

uh do you wear those at like.. quilting conventions? your shoe rack and the potential for grand size scares the heck out of me. I could show you mine but I don't have one .. I do have three pairs of shoes though more than I have feet in my minds eye. My older sister has no less than 100 pairs of shoes.. those are the ones she "needs" she donates regularly but shops faster I think. Lucky for her she has a monster house.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:36 AM

No grand size. That's why I said I'd show you a pic. I think you ladies believe I have 100 pr too, but it's just not true, lol. We have 1 rack, and we share it! Actually, it's 2 racks that are stacked to make it into 1, be still. Not like it's taller than I am.

I don't know where anyone would wear those, lol!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:43 AM

Y'all have fun with your shoes and Waldo!!! I'm heading to Celtic Music Festival at Sherwood Forest Faire. Got to finish getting booth set up for the weekend. Hope it's not raining there like it just was here. Not that we don't need it desperately, just bad timing!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
Y'all have fun with your shoes and Waldo!!! I'm heading to Celtic Music Festival at Sherwood Forest Faire. Got to finish getting booth set up for the weekend. Hope it's not raining there like it just was here. Not that we don't need it desperately, just bad timing!
Boy, I know what you mean! It's been raining here today too. Was raining so hard it knocked out the satellite TV & internet for awhile. Real gully washer! It's still raining, but it's calmed down tremendously. My yard it yelling Hooray!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:42 AM

I love the fall weather. right now we have a few 70 degree days left. enjoying them totally. yesterday my cat ate the thread off my sewing machine. He had surgery and is now recovering nicely. feet of thread were removed and all I had had to do was cover that darned machine. I am mad at myself. $1200.00 to fix the little bugger. I am thinking imagine how much fabric I could have bought with that kind of money? OMG. I am thankful he is alive and going to be just fine in a few days. He gets to come home on Monday. sigh.. what a dumb bunny I am. I knew he liked to bite it but thought it was just when I was sewing. it wiggles then. guess it was a mid day snack. poor little guy.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:22 AM

OMG, that's horrible Brat! Pets are as expensive, and curious, as children. They don't talk back though!

I'm sorry I've been MIA the last couple days, but I've been busy. Friday I started the process to buy a new (to me) car from the dealership where I work. No, it usually doesn't take a ton of time, but trying to figure out what we were going to do took some doing. My son has a 1995 Saturn that's got almost 200,000 miles on it. We paid $800 for it & he's had it for over 2 years, so I think we've gotten our money's worth out of it, but it's on the verge of being terminally ill. A few weeks ago, we had it in for service & I forgot to tell them we knew why the check engine light was on. Well I guess it was a good thing, because the mechanic where I work put it on the diagnostic machine & said it had about a dozen codes coming up on it, and about half of them were what they call "hard codes", meaning when they reset them, they immediately come back on. We decided then to start watching out for a different vehicle for one of us, but most likely for me.

I've had my Corolla for just over 5-1/2 years and am at the point I only owe $1800 on it. It's been a great car, and I know where it's been, so it only makes sense to hand it down to my son before I turn him loose on the world. Besides, the repair costs aren't that bad on a Toyota compared to many other vehicles. Well, the question was, do we find him a newer cheap car and me keep the Corolla, or do we give him the Corolla and get a newer car for me? We thought we had 1 possible cheaper vehicle for him, but it was 6x's what we paid for his Saturn and would still have been just as much trouble as what we already had. I knew if I didn't buy where I work, I was going to pay more than I would at work, both in interest rate and in vehicle cost.

Well I've had my eye on a Cadillac SRX for about 10 years now, and when I was still married, looked at buying a new one, but couldn't come to terms with the dealership on the one I wanted. We happened to have a red 2010 SRX on the lot at work that's in near perfect condition, so I've been watching it. It's been sitting there long enough they'd set it up to go on the auction this coming week, so I talked to the general manager and he offered me a great deal on it. So, after discussing it with the man Friday night, and bringing it home overnight Friday & putting a few miles on it, I went and bought it yesterday. It won't be very much out of pocket per month than my Corolla, which Dusty is going to take and finish paying for, and I finally got the car I always wanted!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 AM

That's exciting, a win win deal for both of you. Always fun to get something new and apparently Dusty likes your "old" car better than his.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 AM

wow a new car! I don't envy new car payments at all. We were thrilled when we finally paid off the truck. its a weight off our backs. I think we have an easy 10 yrs of truck left in it and it looks almost new on the outside which is grand. Glad you got what you wanted.. its nice to do that. When I sold my ford explorer and got my little grand am I loved that car. four door, very very zippy up hills and around town which is all I ever do I was in heaven. I drove so little maybe 10k a year so it was the right economical car for me. Then I sold it to move back to CA and haven't owned a car personally since. Just the man. We share it. Sometimes that is no fun but most of the time it works out fine. Not worth getting a second car. oh no. he is all for it but me.. no thanks.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 AM

Dustymomma, they say good things come to those that wait. Looks like you waited just long enough! Congrats!!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:05 AM

does anyone here know how to make a stained glass quilt and if so can you send me a tutorial please? I decided that is something I want to learn how to do. I love them and can see a pretty church window one hanging near waldo on my walls .. first I have to make it however.