Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-23-2013, 08:44 AM

hey Brat, there was one just posted a few days ago. I think it was in the main section as a WIP. Ask her.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:23 PM

Scrapquilt got your Christmas runner today, plus a bonus topper for my kitchen!! Thank you so much, my little great grand daughters will just love these little novelty prints ......I'm sure they will ask Gr.GrMa where this kind of candy is. They will be perfect for Christmas Eve dinner, thank you again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]437731[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]437732[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1651.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	437731   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1652.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	437732  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:05 PM

It's time almost, only comes once a year and tomorrow is your day "Miss Brat" just wanted to wish you another glorious year. Happy Birthday dear friend!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]437951[/ATTACH]

Name:	happy birthday.png
Views:	141
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	437951  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 AM

Jaba you goober, thanks Its another day is what it is. A quilting day. therefore a lucky one right? Yesterday I dropped Steve off fishing. Right there on the road when I was driving back was this pheasant. I stopped. It stopped the sun hit it just right the teal stripe around his neck above the white was GORGEOUS and the chest was a fuschia opalescent tone and he was glistening.. when he realized I had stopped he decided no threat there and just munched away on things in the grass along the road and slowly he sauntered off. it was such a beautiful moment for me. I get a true kick out of the little things in life. I love that road often cottontails are hopping all over, fields and I mean fields of alfalfa, horses, red barns. and the view of heart mountain is amazing from there, all those wide open skies.. oh my what a day that was today blustery maybe a snow shower later tonight into the morning. Just a touch but enough to make the mountain tops all frosted in white now that will be a beautiful sight.

Celtic faire, what does one sell at a celtic faire? I would love to see your stuff!!! Dustys momma you are pretty tall I believe. those are 80 percent your shoes on that rack and if you stuff the rest under the bed it doesn't count does it??
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 AM

Scrapquilt hasn't posted a picture of what I sent her, so I'll show all of you. She asked for a Christmas runner and I also made her 4 placemats. Didn't want you all to think I didn't mail[ATTACH=CONFIG]437993[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]437994[/ATTACH]

Name:	DSCF1619.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	437993   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1620.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	437994  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 AM

Jaba very pretty. I need that runner!! you know me that is so PERFECT for ME. sigh another one gets away from me before I could help it go missing. darn it knew I should have come over for a visit when I saw that fabric.

ok there is a cool dq swap this next month for illumination or golden glow of candles by quiltingkrazy. artsy farsty. love that stuff I am read to mail monstookie. how about you??? silence is NOT golden lol in the swap world. holler at me por favor!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:35 AM

Love all that Christmas!!!
Brat - the Celtic music festival has all sorts of vendors there. We had our scented candles plus Penny's herbal teas and bath salts in our booth. Then Jenny had her paintings, gauged earrings, horns and fairy miniatures plus her 11 y/o son's wire wrapped stones and some of my upholstry fabric patchwork pillows in her booth.
Attendance was down due to weather reports (had rained the previous two days and was predicted to continue) but it was fun and lots of good music. Our big show (Texas Renaissance Festival) starts Oct 12 and lasts 8 weekends. Attendance for it averages over 30,000 so lots of candles to be made in the next couple months. I don't have any of my stuff in this show. And I work as a sales person for a lady who does stained glass and has other glass items as well. Made her a new parade banner last year - pastel batiks with dark ribbon along the seam lines to look like stained glass. Then iron on letters and numbers for shop name and booth #.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:02 PM

Dabbler 13, I just told my husband about your Dog Hair is a Condiment sign and he thinks we ought to make one for us. Shelties shed a lot of hair, believe me. What kind is your beautiful dog? I've had several white or nearly white dogs, and I know what you mean about dirt, especially after rain. I have finally gotten into my bag of vintage/antique fabric, and I don't think enough of it would work for placemats, which I know you will have to wash from time to time. So I have decided to go with the avocado, yellow and turkey red idea. Just thought you should know. Most of the antique fabric is quite loosely woven, almost like gauze. So that is where we stand for now. More later.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 AM

YAY! It's nice to see things starting to arrive!!!

How beautiful they both are! You ladies both did a wonderful job! I would say if you didn't want them to send them to me, but the man asked me the other night just how many more table runners we were going to be getting, lol.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 AM

tell him not to be greedy now lol I know he is groaning MORE STUFF! minimalist that he is.. monstookie where are you??