Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-27-2013, 03:59 PM

kiffie, so happy it arrived safely and you like it.

jillnjo, what a great idea for a runner and yours is a beauty !
Old 09-27-2013, 04:26 PM

oh oh even more turn my back for a few hours and wow! and thank you to those who wrote you would be a tad late and had discussed this with your partners .. phew. I appreciate it and so does your partner

Today I decided to sit down and hit the UFO pile before I start another project. Tough for me to do. I was gifted with all these little 5.25 inch blocks.. here is an example of one:

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...31114445_n.jpg

now I went to work making them into ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...18341776_n.jpg
Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 PM

so bummed thought I had figured how to put those pictures here without putting in links.. aargh pirates! I put them on facebook, copied the pic (right click) came back to quilting board did a control V and I get links not pictures any idea how to get pictures? I can not with my windows 8 put them on the traditional way here no copy paste, no little tree in the window frame on the selection choices argh.. I know it easy I did it once lol did I write down instructions? NO and well its not control V obviously. anyhow if you get a minute check it out. I had a nephew wanting a brown earth tone quilt for his daughter.. ugh she is 1 in Nov. I was thinking of doing yellow's heck with mudd then I remember I had all those pieces.. its now 45" across which should be plenty big for a little one to watch tv with right? or do I need to make it bigger? I am hoping they give in on the non gender colors for her. they use blues and greens just fine for their boy. go figure. Her name is Juniper. yippee lol.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 PM

Brat, tis looks like a lovely quilt for a baby Juniper (what a neat name). Love how yu made do with the scrappy blocks. Wish I could help you with the pics but the links worked just fine for me. :-) Thanks for sharing your latest project.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:24 AM

That quilt is looking real pretty, the pattern shows off your pretty fabric. Jan
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 AM

No problem with the links...the quilt is lovely and that size should be great for little Juniper.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:03 AM

Default I'm one happy swapper!

I don't think I could be happier with the fall runner I received from Terriamn, it is a beautiful runner that I adore! She held back on me though, she said she isn't very good at fm quilting - she is so wrong and I am so jealous. The only good thing about her telling me that is now I know I have to muster the courage to start practicing free motion quilting. I have the machine, the foot, plenty of fabric and now the nerve. She really showed me up. I mentioned to her I love fall colors and that somewhere still inside me is a kid that loves pumpkins and she hit my wants right on the head. And bless her, she sent me an adorable tape measure - it's the little blue snail in the picture. And as if that wasn't enough! She also sent me a great pumpkin ready for appliqueing and the cutest little mat that I suppose I could use as a mug rug but I would hate to spill on it so I have it on my kitchen island under my bath and body 3 wick candle. I feel terribly spoiled and honestly quite disappointed with myself, I don't think what I sent her holds a candle to what I received. And considering the week I had running all over the state doing child care licensing inspections I didn't get to the post office until yesterday and I received my package Wednesday afternoon. Now I have to set my ambitions to make amazing projects to swap the next time I jump into swapping. Thank you Terri, I love, love, love it!!! And thanks Brat for letting a mere not-so-newbie but very far from great quilter participate in the swap. I am one happy camper!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0806.5.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	438514   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0809.5.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	438515  
Old 09-28-2013, 04:30 AM

PUMPKINS! I love pumpkins! I am so glad you are enjoying your runners ladies. I think they are all unique and marvelous. I have submitted the form to Patrice for the next swap so soon as it comes back approved then I will let you know and it will be up and running for Winter/Christmas runners. my what pretty homes we will all have
Old 09-28-2013, 04:32 AM

More lovey runners. That looks like nice free motion quilting to me. I only hand quilt really must try to learn free motion quilting.

Brat windows 8 is the pitts took me forever to learn how to do picture on here with it.
Well I am off to the postoffice to mail my runner you all have a great day
Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 AM

Good morning ladies. I know I have been very quiet on here which is so unlike my talkative self. Being always a very healthy woman (haven't even ever been on any medications) I am now dealing with some new medical issues that have me feeling pretty yucky! I guess at 57 I should be grateful I have been this healthy till now.
Anyway! Wanted y'all to know I am finishing up the binding on the table mat for Tam moo today and it will go out in the mail!