Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 09-27-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I'm not an expert on Brothers but I've been told in the past that only certain Brothers can use the disney designs. There are many disney users on here so be patient, I'm sure you'll be hearing from them as well.

I have been looking at the Brothers and one reason I don't like the Disney machines is that you are paying for the licensing. I love Disney BUT not on my machine. It is not a selling feature for me. I wont ever use the designs. Give me the non-Disney option.

Sandy
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I'm interested in digitizing. Have no clue. What is needed to do it? Is there directions in magazines or web sites?
Start by reading about the digitizing programs recommended for your machine.

sandy
Old 09-27-2013, 05:05 AM

I have a Bernina and the program that came with my machine allows you to do digitizing on your computer, save the design to a flash drive, or send it to the machine. I know there are programs on line that you can purchase and use also for any machine. There are also 2 magazines that tell you how to digitize or change designs, can't think of the name of either right now.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM

My cheapy machine uses a card. I don't recommend it. Everything I see uses CDs.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I have been looking at the Brothers and one reason I don't like the Disney machines is that you are paying for the licensing. I love Disney BUT not on my machine. It is not a selling feature for me. I wont ever use the designs. Give me the non-Disney option.

Sandy
i have the Quattro and love the machine, BUT would loved to have had the option to have a non -Disney machine. I have only used 2 designs. My child is 34 and he is not a Disney kind of guy. The grand sons are early 20's - not so much into Disney either. Not a selling point since Disney wants you to buy the machine with all these " wonderful Disney designs" but they tell you " you paid thousands of dollars for this but don't you dare sell them, we will sue you!" I wanted the other fantastic features, I will live with the mouse in my machine.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Start by reading about the digitizing programs recommended for your machine.

sandy
Almost any digitizing program will work. Find one that is easy for you to learn and you are comfortable using. Make sure it will transfer the designs into your machines format. I have Floriani Total Control, has a learning curve, as every program has. But they do have great "help center" that you contact by email and the will work with you. So far, I have been contacted within less than 45 minutes. They either email you the answer to the will contact you by phone, very helpful for those of us "not computer smart" or just confused.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:16 PM

I found a used Pfaff 2046, could I get upgrades for this one? what exactly are the upgrades?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:04 AM

I found a PE 770 on Craigslist for $500 and she has 5 difference size megahoops, 50 spools (small narrow spool) of thread, and and about 16 cones of thread. She's had back surgery and can't sit to use it. I also think she needs the $.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I'm interested in digitizing. Have no clue. What is needed to do it? Is there directions in magazines or web sites?
Check Craftsy; I'm taking a digitizing class right now. I get my classes when they are on sale. I just did my first digitizing design, by myself and was so amazed when it stitched out beautifully. I loved the Happy Daisy quilt on here but wanted to do the applique in the hoop and use my Brother Scan n Cut to cut the fabric. Well, i've gotten the digitizing done to where it'll stitch out but still want to make it also an applique. I'm not sure after seeing it stitched if I want appliqued anymore but I still want to do it so that I know that I can. I have 5D Pro and it makes things easier.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM

Forgot to ask....(see my post above) Do you think $500 is a fair price to pay? She sent pics of some of the embroidery she's done on the machine and it looks very nice. Just not sure yet what I want to do. $500 is a lot for me especially so close to Christmas. So many others to get Christmas presents for.....kids, grands, DH, friends. I don't need an embroidery machine, but it would be great for the g/kids clothes and gifts etc.