Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
One of the things I have been looking to get is a medium-large hex ruler.
But I am almost pretty sure that I won't be getting one of those because
I have seen how much they cost (almost $30 for the large hex ruler I seen
recently).

That is something I will just wait until my birthday next year when I give
my "list" of wants to my hubs. What he USUALLY ends up doing is getting
me something he heard me talking about than adds some cash to it.
I needed/wanted a 20.5" sq ruler... $57!!!! JoAnn's Fabrics had it on sale for 50% off and then I had an additional 15% off total purchase... final cost was $20.26 ...
That being said... watch/check for awesome sales and coupons that you can stack... This works also for getting really big gifts aka secret Santa and staying within the budget
Old 09-30-2013, 05:21 PM

NOT FAIR KGoodhand.... it's not Oct 1 yet.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM

I like almost everything related to sewing and quilting. Do not paper piece or applique. Am looking for a half hex ruler. Am an avid reader too. I have been good and have not fallen into the deep hole. Maybe I missed some fun ???? Hugs to all especially to my SS I will get soon !!!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
International names are out and so are a few others so people don't start figuring out who has who as of yet. International goes out earlier because of the delays that can happen due to the post offices, especially Canada.

Thanks, I forgot about that.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM

Just found out I made it under the wire. Saw this thread a few weeks ago and was waffling about where to just lurk and watch the fun or jump in and join. This is my first Secret Santa and only my second swap. Can we set up chairs to watch and laugh at every one in the hole while we have our fuzzy navels?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM

I think that letting people pick who they don't want is discriminating personally. You can send a list of who you swap with a lot sure but really is there a monitor on who is just picking who they think wont send good packages? that is amazing you got that by Patricej. She is highly against discrimination and this is truly a thing that I would reconsider. its not fair. Just my humble opinion. I run swaps. its the law of averages you will get someone you swap with before. There are a limited number of us who swap. It supposed to be fun not picking on people. Wrong. that's all I can say. Wrong.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM

people are not allowed to choose who they want to swap with. I know that i really wouldn't want to have the same person for 3 different swaps at the same time. They are asking that since they are already swapping with so and so, could they not be put with that person. That's all!!! It's not letting someone pick who they want, i run my swaps fair and square, no one and i mean no one gets better treatment than the other. You can think what you want...

Originally Posted by elisabrat View Post
i think that letting people pick who they don't want is discriminating personally. You can send a list of who you swap with a lot sure but really is there a monitor on who is just picking who they think wont send good packages? That is amazing you got that by patricej. She is highly against discrimination and this is truly a thing that i would reconsider. Its not fair. Just my humble opinion. I run swaps. Its the law of averages you will get someone you swap with before. There are a limited number of us who swap. It supposed to be fun not picking on people. Wrong. That's all i can say. Wrong.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I think that letting people pick who they don't want is discriminating personally. You can send a list of who you swap with a lot sure but really is there a monitor on who is just picking who they think wont send good packages?BOY THAT IS NOT A NICE STATEMENT TO MAKE !! that is amazing you got that by Patricej.r.e.a.l.l.y. i'M THINKING SHE WILL SEE IT EXACTLY AS TERRI JUST EXPLAINED AGAIN... She is highly against discrimination and this is truly a thing that I would reconsider. its not fair. Just my humble opinion. I run swaps. its the law of averages you will get someone you swap with before. There are a limited number of us who swap. It supposed to be fun not picking on people. Wrong. that's all I can say. Wrong.
there are many of us who join this swap strickly for the FUN of it...if not happy best not to join.
don't spoil it for the innocent. IMHO
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM

you cant guarantee honesty on that and you have to know this. its just my take let people do what they will. karma is what I say. if they are dishonest then its their conscience I guess. I am thinking its not ok still however. my thinking is what it is. just mine. I own that.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM

You can think what you want. I run a fair swap.
I try to be fair to everyone and have NEVER had anyone before accuse me of playing favorites.
Maybe I didn't word what I wrote right.

This is supposed to be fun, which is what I try to make it.
Don't need people being accusatory towards me.
You can stay or you can leave. I'll leave it up to you. It's your choice.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
you cant guarantee honesty on that and you have to know this. its just my take let people do what they will. karma is what I say. if they are dishonest then its their conscience I guess. I am thinking its not ok still however. my thinking is what it is. just mine. I own that.