Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 PM

I'm another who won't be able to do the winter holiday swap because of other commitments.

Still trying to make it to the post office with mine for this one that I had finished early! Must, must, must do it tomorrow for both this one and the funky chickens.

From now til Chrismas I don't expect to have any free time that isn't devoted to simply trying to catch up with myself. Lol!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:47 AM

Well ladies I will miss you as will the other group members. I know life gets in our way doesn't it? I have received a LOT of going to mail lates this time. Glad they wrote me for one and two they wrote their partners if it works between them than I am always fine with it. If its not ok then well trouble comes in. I will hope life gets more even for all of you and that yes you come back and play again next round. I am trying to chase down deenatoo if anyone has seen her could they let her know that I need to speak with her please I will hope all is well with her. I am sorry for all the hardships that are being dealt with. I think when we climb a mountain (of trouble) we breath easy for a few moments only to look up and see oh crud another mountain is waiting in the horizon. I also firmely believe this is life. it happens. I too use sewing for swaps as a way to take me away from the real world for a bit. It keeps my mind focused on.. sewing, quilt pieces, finishing not on the things that are less than pleasant or fun but require a large amount of me. its therapy I guess you guys and the chatter, are therapy too.. please don't send me a bill I could be in serious trouble as I don't believe my insurance would cover it. gulp.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM

Hey Brat, do you need an ANGEL to send someone a runner or topper? Has 'deenatoo' not filled her obligation? Has her's been sent to her? Let me know...k?
Old 10-02-2013, 01:10 PM

thank you I wrote her as her partner has will call her tomorrow then we will know if she is unable to finish or not. She has been a pretty good swapper in the past so I am thinking she might have some troubles and hasn't been able to find time to post. crossing fingers she is going to write soon!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:05 PM

I have a favor to ask and Brat said it was ok to go ahead and ask. MY 10 year old grandaughter is collecting postcards for her Georgraphy class. They are trying to collect all 50 states and any from outside the USA would be a bonus. They would appreciate it if you added a line of why you love the state you are living in. If anyone is interested please PM me and I'll send you her address. Thanks Terriamn
Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 AM

Terriam, why not go into the doll quilt swap and ask there also or even better yet go to Main and post in there bet you can perk up those numbers of cards quite a bit. just a thought. mine will go out tomorrow gotta go buy one first I know I have another from CA in the drawer will send her that too its where I used to live and my DH is on the front of the card he was fishing. In fact I bought a card to send to a board member here to say hey this is where I live and standing in line I though oh no there is a person in the corner fishing shoot I don't like people in the post cards and then I thought wait a minute.. that red shirt I recognize that and that floppy hat looks like Steves hat then I saw the stool he was sitting on. ITS STEVE! lol odds of my buying that card out of 100 to pick from and then looking that closely were not good. He was thrilled. he is famous! he is on a post card. so subsequently long story here, I bought a bunch of them and he handed them out everywhere. I can send one its from white pines lake in CA. yes indeed she could be a lucky recipient! so everyone send cards help the kiddo out that's my morning blob to all of you. thanks for listening
Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 AM

ok ladies I put in a call to deenatoo. We will hope she calls or writes back. I told her by tomorrow morning. I will call one more time and then she will be deemed out for the swap. I think its awfully sad. this is the second month this has happened to Skaduzy. She should NOT get used to it. You DO NOT WANT me to have to call you truly you don't so send those runners your moving slow on and you will be safe I will call all late swappers next week there are way too many this month. about a dozen out there.. wow.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 AM

editorial correction: it was stitch123 who has not heard from deenatoo. She has made a beautiful runner and had extras to send and I can see this is not a fun swap for her because of the lack of chat. Deenatoo broke her ankle a while back but.. she could still write. and I can't stress this enough its NOT KIND or FAIR to just blow off contact with your partner its imperative and important in keeping these swaps fun and exciting and something to look forward to. This makes me very sad.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:36 AM

UPDATE AGAIN (bored yet?) Deenatoo kindly called me back. She has a broken foot and a sprained wrist from flopping over on her walker which was to help her broken foot. not a good week for things for her. another 4 weeks and she should be mostly good as new. She is going to contact stitch124 (finally got that right) and hopefully they will work things out between them. I will cross my fingers that all is good blood when said and done.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Yea! I'm glad we're all accounted for! Sometimes those "life circumstances" are a BEAR!
We have such a great and talented group of people. My "internet friends"as my daughter says
It's been so fun to see/hear all the goings on this time around. Hopefully I'll see you on the Winter swap too.
Come on sign up.....ya know you want to.

I am expecting my runner to be here today. Both hubby and I are expecting something, I bet I beat him to the mailbox!