Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Nessie, same here. Beginning to think we are so far in the hole that our names will never get here unless we start being good and climb a little more to the surface. Maybe, Maybe we have been tooooooo naughty.LOL
That can't be it since I'm still good I don't have mine yet Maybe its because I'm sitting in my chair throwing things in to you. Really I'm good Name by morning please.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Quilty, I dont have one of those, but would def use one.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Cheryl, if it is me, you already know my likes
Dawn........I can't tell if I got your name or not, but just in case I did......I do know what you like!! You are like me, we like EVERYTHING!! Hee-Hee
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Wow!!! Chatty people...naughty & nice!!! Love it.......I haven't gotten my ss name yet, patiently waiting. I hope I gave my person enough to work with...a couple of things I forgot to add....our little shitzu is no bigger than our cat...they play well together as they are best buds. Greta (dog) is mostly blind & has lost most of her teeth & has terrible allergy (not food) problems...so anything for her to eat needs to be small & softish & toys are very small squeeky toys. We adopted her about 4 years ago (she was a neglect, abuse, puppymill situation & was going to be "put down" so we saved her & she is ABSOLUTELY spoiled rotten! ) She's about 10 years old now. Kneedy (cat) loves puff balls & mice. Hates all other cats (too many fights while ferril, I think) but loves any dog that tolerates cats. I think he must have hung out with dogs while he roamed. That's the 4-legged kids. I hope I gave enough to you about sewing likes & dislikes for me...I say sewing because I do it all (check out my posts in other threads). I have most rulers & gadgets, threads, stabilizers, etc. I don't have alot of room for "dust collectors" even though I like them, so prefer not to get them. Love scraps & handmade as I said. Actually, I'm fairly easy to please. Love chocolate (but no pecans or walnuts)...I have recently become addicted to Werther's cinnamon/carmel hard candies even though they are not chocolate. I always have a bag of them handy in my sewing room; suck on them & sew--not messy! I am sorry, girls, I cannot join you in the hole (the claustrophia would get to me unless it is about 2 miles around & I could still see out--not fun, but very true!), so I will just say "hi" & leave you to your fun & try to make some fun with the ones NOT in the hole...that's fun too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to get some last minute things done for the craftshow this weekend...check back later. Teri, thanks for doing the great job you're doing & feel better soon!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:06 PM

I don't have my SS name yet either. Patiently waiting and thinking and pondering. I'm a newbie so hoping my person listed lots about themselves.

I don't have an embroidery machine, but I do hand embroider. I don't need a calculator. I use an app on my phone. I love buttons. Love 30s prints. Love bright colors - oranges and yellows and greens and reds and aqua. Once the holidays are over I plan to make three modernish quilts - cherries, strawberries, and apples - all on white/cream backgrounds.

Excited to go shopping for my SS!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:13 PM

Also love handmade/homemade items. I got married in June and my husband and I tried requesting only handmade or repurposed items as wedding gifts. You know, items that have special meaning instead of just "stuff". Our families were confused so we ended up having to register. Always love pin cushions and mug rugs and needle books and oven mits and on and on and on. Not picky - simply excited to be part of this wonderful community!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM

So happy !!! I got my SS name!!! and I'm so excited!!!! This is going to be so much fun!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Another question:

Do you have a "Quilter's FabriCalc" (calculator just for quilters for those who may not know).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]439427[/ATTACH]

If I have your name and you say no you don't have one and you would like too
than I MIGHT just send it to you providing I have room in your box.

I just need the RIGHT person to answer my questions LOL.
No I am still not going to tell you WHO LOL

I don't have one of these, believe it or not. My DH thinks I have everything!!
I do have an embroidery machine, in fact 2.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 PM

I'm in and so excited. Last year was my first secret santa and I had so much fun shopping for her! I just love giving gifts and surprises. I love everything everyone has mentioned so far! It's gonna be a big build up I can see that already......a fine group of 'teases' we are!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:39 PM

Dear VickiM- your description of Greta, well...we could be twins!