Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:44 AM

I'm also one that hasn't posted a lot. Especially in the past several months. Due to a major implementation at work, the garden, and taking care of my mother and my father-in-law. I am actually waiting on call right now on when to take mom to the hosipital. 3 of her doctors are putting her in for a bunch of test and then off to rehab. She'll be 2 hours away from where we live, but I'll be making that drive several days a week and weekends. She'll be close to my brother, but bless his heart, he is the single father of 2 high school girls. He is busy, busy. Ok, enough about all of that.

As you can tell from my avitar, I have a spoiled rotten dog. I'm working on lots of baby stuff (in my spare time) as I have lots of nieces having babies now. I can't wait to hold those precious babies. I love all gadgets, and I do a lot of cooking. I do love to cook, just hate the cleaning part. I do a lot of reading and hand work especially sitting in the hospital or in doctors waiting rooms (seriously, mom has one doctor, every time I take her, we are there for 4-6 hours waiting). I hope this helps my SS some. I love this swap and all the people on it, you make me laugh everyday.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
Oh, I can't start, have no name?? Bummer!!
Need to let Teri know asap!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 AM

I'm on here everyday too, sometimes post but always read. Have quite a bit of info on my profile page for my SS. I love to sew and am usually in the process of making something everyday. I love gadgets and rulers, just need the time to use them and patterns for table runners and placemats. I do sign up for the table runner, doll quilts, FQ's, boomerangs and home decor swaps. Also in 3 round robins, 1st time this year and am having such fun doing them.
Have my partners name and know she likes fabric and patterns too. She said it was hard to think of something she really wanted 'cause she likes everything! Me too! I need to spot something that I hope she will love and enjoy.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 AM

Got my name and I'm ready to go!! Started a box at the end of last year!! This is going yo be fun!!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 AM

I sure missed a lot in the past few hours.

I have embroidery machines, but I also have everything I need to go with the machine. Many emb machines are very picky about thread, needles, etc. so make sure you know what kind of machine you are gifting for. I have Vikings, and they only like Sulky thread, but HATE Sulky metallic. And I might add that most embroidery machine stuff is way over the $20 limit. As I said before, for me, fabric fabric fabric. If you guys need buttons I will gladly gift you buttons, have more than I will ever use in 20 lifetimes.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:49 AM

Thank you Terri my name was in the inbox this morning! Let the stalking begin, you have been here longer than I have and many more posts. So I have a lot of stalking to do to get a feel for what to surprise you with.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Thank you Terri, I received my SS name too. My partner doesn't post and there isn't any info on her profile page, so I am really going to have to get creative.

Jan
Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
It might mean, that your partner truly wants to be surprised and that she will be happy with whatever you send. Have you tried seeing if she has made any comments on the board. Sometimes you can get a feel for you Secret Santa that way. You can find that by clicking on their name (profile) then click on find latest posts. If they've made any. Or, maybe she or he is more just a looker, visitor or reader. I'm sure if you would be please to receive it, they would also be pleased with it.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was wrong that she wasn't active. I did mention I checked her profile and it was empty. The package I send her will include things that I would like to receive.

OK, I am crawling back into the hole to look for a bottle!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:55 AM

Cheesehead, save some coffee/rum to have with the pie, I have started on the apples.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I could never use that twister thing, as the wasted fabric would just upset me too much.
Neesie, my thoughts exactly. I made one from some scraps for a charity quilt but will never do another. The waste drove me nuts.

Got my SS but had hardly any info, she must be one of the quiet ones!
Will have to go back and check her QB bio and her postings to see if she has said anything therthat I can use.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 AM

Thank you, Terri for caring enough to keep us all believing in Santa. I got my SS and she's been generous with info....lucky me! Now the fun begins....for me! I do one shop hop each year with my quilting buddy and we love returning to the shops each year seeing the changes and the new things available. Now I get email from many of the shops all year and see what's going on. Vicarious thrill for me. One of my favorite things that's not sewing related, is pretty boxes. I use them with sewing stuff anyway: larger ones as pattern holders, smaller ones to help organize "stuff." I drink earl grey tea with honey...soothes my spirit and rejuvenates my energy. I gravitate towards pre cuts when in the shops, so now try to cut my leftovers into strips or blocks to create my own. I have embroidery machines but way-under use them. I piece mainly on a Pfaff or my bud's Elna..Most at home "at the wheel" of the machine. I love to visit quilt shops and feel the colors and patterns of fabric. I have a sloppy stash...not very organized, but pretty much together...Love to pet it. I collect Laurel Burch fabric and delight in taking it out and just enjoying it. Maybe occasionally actually...gasp...using some. Boy, in rereading this, I sound like a nut job...oh, well.