Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #50 !  October 2013  Sign up here! >

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 AM

quiltingkrazy I can take another partner if you need one. I am planning on having the one I started for Dabbler done this weekend so I would have time to whip one out, ideally a holiday/Christmas theme as I have five patterns for them that I found and loved we woke up to a foot of snow give take and the porch so snow covered it was really hard to push open. Steve just cleared the walk ways for my neighbors to get out too. Lucky for him the lady with the adorable doggies is going to give him a ride in to town. he may be late but he will get there. We have stupidly not bought chains yet figured we still have time. dumb bunnies! its a toasty 24 right now. a high of 37 before you take in the 15-20 mile a winds. lovely. time for a hot chocolate. something hot for sure I get frosty quick. the windows are covered with snow its kinda pretty I remember my mom using that spray on the windows to get that affect. so pretty. I lived in the Sierras with heavy snow but the windows never got it as the trees took the brunt as it silently fell. It did not fall silently yesterday. it snowed sideways.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Banned

Debbie (mooretll) I will be starting yours when I get
over this crud I have.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Brat I am good, this is a hard month for spare time, finishing my son's wedding quilt, before the 15th. But thanks for the offer. Looking forward to having you as a partner soon.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:03 PM

I am so sad. I missed sign up. Oh well. I kept saying I needed to take a month off to catch up. Really enjoyed reading today. I was way back on page 2! Love to hear about the kids. I have a boy and 2 girls. 8 grands. Neither of my girls ever took an interest in sewing, still don't. But the one and only girl grand I have is quite the little sewer. As is one of the boys. More of them would if I could handle it. LOL I do get with them once in a while and they make something. Oh, the memories we are making. I have been spending every spare minute trying to finish a quilt for our church quilt show the 19th. DH had hip replaced last week so work on it halted. I hope to finish it up over the weekend. DGD made "bibs" for her great gramma, on her daddy's side, at our 4-H meeting Tuesday!! Seems odd, but gram has trouble eating and doesn't like getting her clothes messed up. Lilly had a wonderful time. "she would like this", "she loves that". Lilly is a little helper (when she wants to be) and often goes with her grandma to help take care of GGram and her home. I get all teary eyed thinking about the memories she is making. WOW, I guess I have missed my time on the board. I really got off on a tangent there. LOL Can't wait to see what you all make, if I find time I might just make one for myself. That would be novel.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Buslady,
Sounds like a great time you are having with your "grands", making irreplaceable memories! Hope your dh heals quickly..mine had a bone spur and it had chipped off and torn his right Achilles, had surgery last November. Had to be off work 3 mos, mainly due to the fact he also has MS, and unfortunately it has affected his left leg (we say why couldn't the Achilles deal have been on that leg, so at least he would've had one "good" leg..). He was non weight-bearing for 8 weeks, used a rolling walker with the seat, that way he could prop his "casted" leg on the seat and "go to town". Lol.. 4 more wks in walking boot, then back to work. Don't know who was more excited, him or me?? Teehee..
Regards,
Kif
Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 AM

well MORNING world! I wish everyone a sunshine not too hot not to cold day! its going to hit a balmy 48 today I think here in Cody so its perfect. The snow is still out there but it should be gone today most of it and that my dear friends would be marvelous I am so not ready for snow yet. I was looking forward to the color of the trees down at the river. it was just turning too how are these doll quits coming along. Mine is at a quick standstill as I had a no show table runner deal so I am whipping one up to angel swap. busy beaver.. nothing to do and then ahhh! life is like that. I have the basic background sewn for my golden glow dq. its colorful sure hope dabbler is open to some color.. in a traditional way though colorful in a traditional way. what the heck am I making???? surprise surprise!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:00 AM

Brat,
I gotta say I don't know where you get the energy to do everything you do! Seriously...you are an inspiration to those of us who also have health issues...and I am betting to those who don't!!
K
Old 10-06-2013, 02:55 AM

That's fine, I am starting yours today. Hope you feel better soon mine has lasted for 2 weeks now.
Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Debbie (mooretll) I will be starting yours when I get
over this crud I have.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:08 AM

why i ever questioned the blessings of the creativity karma i do not know but i finished my quilt while riding in the car yesterday. today, i will get it packed up, and away she will go ... so i guess i need another project for the long car trip... where ever will i find one
Old 10-06-2013, 08:10 AM

Chaseezz, your DQ is almost done. Couldn't sleep last night so decided to make use of the sleeplessness to put the top together. I think I like it. I sure hope you do too. Have a wonderful day everyone. I'm on my way to the hospital to check on my dad. twice in the hospital in two weeks- he keeps falling. Guess it's time to move him to the nursing home.