Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Storing Home-made Bread >

Storing Home-made Bread

Storing Home-made Bread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:10 AM

I like the King Arthur flours also. I've recently started making bread by hand, and it's a bad habit for me to form. It tastes wonderful and I tend to eat 2 days worth of it when it's fresh...yummm. Good. I have a very simple recipe from my grand daughter if anyone is interested.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
I like the King Arthur flours also. I've recently started making bread by hand, and it's a bad habit for me to form. It tastes wonderful and I tend to eat 2 days worth of it when it's fresh...yummm. Good. I have a very simple recipe from my grand daughter if anyone is interested.
I would appreciate your sharing the recipe with me. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:51 AM

Here is the bread recipe Sharon. I like "sharin" it.

Rachael’s Bread Recipe

2 ½ Cups warm/hot water
1 Tbs salt
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs oil
2 Tbs yeast
6 Cups Bread flour
Mix all ingredients together. Knead until smooth or for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for 1 hour. Separate and roll into loaves. Put on pan and let rise for 15 minutes. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

I made ½ of this recipe since I love it fresh, I get to make it more often than if I made the whole recipe. Let me know if you like it. I don't know where Rachael got the recipe, so I just call it hers. She is my beautiful 19 year old grand daughter.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:05 AM

I copied cause it sounds so much quicker than others..the 15-20 min to bake. Usually I use a bread maker, but sometimes it fails and you don' really know until it comes out of the pan. Thx for sharing.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 AM

You are all welcome for Rachaels' bread recipe. It is quick and easy. The best part is that it is so delicious. Slathered with some good butter, it is a meal in itself for me. Enjoy and many blessins.

Agree with you about the bread maker. Mine fails as often as not which is frustrating, not to mention embarrassing.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
Here is the bread recipe Sharon. I like "sharin" it.

Rachael’s Bread Recipe

2 ½ Cups warm/hot water
1 Tbs salt
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs oil
2 Tbs yeast
6 Cups Bread flour
Mix all ingredients together. Knead until smooth or for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for 1 hour. Separate and roll into loaves. Put on pan and let rise for 15 minutes. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

I made ½ of this recipe since I love it fresh, I get to make it more often than if I made the whole recipe. Let me know if you like it. I don't know where Rachael got the recipe, so I just call it hers. She is my beautiful 19 year old grand daughter.
I baked a loaf from this recipe yesterday. I did as you suggested....make one loaf..........did good until I got to the oil and forgot to HALVE it, so dough was pretty sticky; so had to add more flour but it turned out GREAT and TASTY anyway. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Definitely will do it again and AGAIN. I DID use the bread machine for the kneading, resting and kneading (45 minutes) then took it out and put it in a loaf pan to rise and bake. We don't like to bake the bread in the machine...too tough!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 AM

Glad it turned out good for you. It's the simplest bread recipe I have ever made. Keep on sharin if you find a need to. I'm sure Rachael won't mind. She's a sweet kind GD who loves cooking.

Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon View Post
I baked a loaf from this recipe yesterday. I did as you suggested....make one loaf..........did good until I got to the oil and forgot to HALVE it, so dough was pretty sticky; so had to add more flour but it turned out GREAT and TASTY anyway. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Definitely will do it again and AGAIN. I DID use the bread machine for the kneading, resting and kneading (45 minutes) then took it out and put it in a loaf pan to rise and bake. We don't like to bake the bread in the machine...too tough!!!