Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >
  • NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

• NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    Oh I have one of these and love it, if your doing much smaller PP a 1/8" is even better.
    I think this would have been a great tool if it would have been available when I first learned to PP, but after doing it without for so many years, was just cumbersome and and extra step not needed...so I would encourage anyone learning to PP, get one right away...it will make it easier!

I have been putting my fat quarters together in a nice bundle for my SS, but it would have been soooo much more fun if I'd have had any idea of fabric color choices...I tried to pick things I would enjoy, but people's tastes are so very different...I have been adding things that regardless of her likes, she will LOVE however! Lots of handmade things...just because I have no life and lots of time! LOL! Thus far my SS has not posted since names were assigned...so I could probably show ya'all what I made her, but she may be lurking and reading, so best not spoil anything, just in case!
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 AM

just because...................
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fall-colors-wallpaper.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	765.8 KB
ID:	440389  
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
    Oh I have a tip for you SS's... please write QB on your box.... I am in another swap on another site and this way, I won't accidentally open my SS box instead of my December box from the other swap.
    Good tip, Leota! I always write Secret Santa on the box...and little things like HO HO HO....the Post Office thinks it's fun.

Prayers for hubby, Leota!!!
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
    I think this would have been a great tool if it would have been available when I first learned to PP, but after doing it without for so many years, was just cumbersome and and extra step not needed...so I would encourage anyone learning to PP, get one right away...it will make it easier!

I have been putting my fat quarters together in a nice bundle for my SS, but it would have been soooo much more fun if I'd have had any idea of fabric color choices...I tried to pick things I would enjoy, but people's tastes are so very different...I have been adding things that regardless of her likes, she will LOVE however! Lots of handmade things...just because I have no life and lots of time! LOL! Thus far my SS has not posted since names were assigned...so I could probably show ya'all what I made her, but she may be lurking and reading, so best not spoil anything, just in case!
    This would certainly be a lot more fun, if all the participants would post on this thread.
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:21 AM
    Power Poster

I hope it isn't that too! I have a cold too,but nowhere near that bad
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:21 AM

I just ordered from Amazon.com, one of those 1/4" rulers and some Sax white newsprint, for paper piecing. I've been seeing way too many pretty patterns, to not even give it a try. After reading the reviews, I ordered the 12" ruler, rather than the 6".

Now I'm off to my sewing machine, in an attempt to justify my endless buying of fabric.
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:22 AM
    Power Poster

Oops forgot to say get better soon!
    Old 10-09-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie
    I just ordered from Amazon.com, one of those 1/4" rulers and some Sax white newsprint, for paper piecing. I've been seeing way too many pretty patterns, to not even give it a try. After reading the reviews, I ordered the 12" ruler, rather than the 6".

Now I'm off to my sewing machine, in an attempt to justify my endless buying of fabric.
    I hope you LOVE PPing! the ruler to begin with is a great idea! Good luck in your sewing room...I'm off to mine as well! Hope there aren't 100 posts to read later on today.
    Old 10-09-2013, 08:01 AM

This could be me! No green here!

Originally Posted by Nelco
    Lets see, my state has lakes and mountains but I am not that fond of green....My SS lives south east of me
    Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM

Nope. You're too far!

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Well Im almost about as far west as you can get without ending up in the Pacific Ocean!! (125 miles to the Ocean in Oregon). So IS IT me?