Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM

WOHOOO, the mailman cometh and leaveth me a package. Thank you Mom-6 - I think it took the long route to get here. I haven't opened it yet, wanted to let everyone know I got Mail!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Well, OPEN OPEN OPEN....LOLO
Old 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM

So glad it got there safely!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:32 PM

Great work putting all our runners in one pic...sorry the one I made for my Aussie partner is still with me...she and I have worked out that I am sending her good ole USA fabrics, threads, patterns along with the runner. I have been her "personal shopper" so to speak, in addition to some patterns and thread, I've gathered up 40+ yards of different fabrics for her. I still can't fathom the price of fabrics in the "land down under"! So, her 2 pkgs should be good to ship out next week. It's been rather fun to shop for someone else...except I told her I was "blaming" her for the fabrics/threads I also purchased to keep...what a bad influence you've been, Lynnie25.... She gives it back as good as she gets it, though...as she replied that I should go right ahead andjust keep telling myself it's her fault that I bought more fabrics...lol..
Sure have enjoyed this swap, and making a dear friend from Australia
Regards all,
Kif
PS Enjoy your "new" car Brat!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:11 PM

Tlambing...wonderful photo log of all the beautiful runners! They all look amazing!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 PM

oh el brato is having a temper tantrum inside over that truck. I cant do anything about it now so I have made it clear I was not thrilled.. and I was kind mind you.. and well that is the end of that story. it is done. sigh.. I was good I told Jaba all about how I was feeling and bless her she listened to me go sideways and back again. I had to get it out before he came home from work and well it went to he..in a hand basket. I think it sorta went there anyways. boy I sure don't enjoy those type of nights.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:01 PM

You have my deepest sympathy on not having the vehicle of your dreams!
I remember the "silver bullet" that we had once upon a time. My vision was either a passenger van or a suburban or the like. What we got was a Dodge maxi van with no windows and only two seats in the front. Built a platform for a mattress in the back and 5 (later, 6) kids rode on that or the wheel wells. Blind spot was HUGE even with the fisheye mirrors. Thing drove me nuts!!!! Finally got rid of it when he was in Korea and I couldn't ever find a parking spot on campus after i went back to school. Traded it in for a mini van that I loved till it gave up the ghost after umpteen thousand miles.
Hope you become more reconciled to the beast!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:37 AM

It's always nice to have that friend we can count on to listen to us...or should I say marriage counselor/friend??.. I am sure Jaba would much rather you "rant" to her than have things go to " h$#l in a hand basket" as you say...I honestly thought you were being your usual funny and sarcastic self over the trade, but that you actually liked the "new" vehicle once you saw it...and me with my equally sarcastic and dry sense of humor should've known better... Hope it all works out for the good...as you said, can't do much about it now...except make sure hubby knows that in the future it's a good thing to have a discussion before making such a big change...bringing home "critters, er I mean gifties" is one thing...trading cars is a whole 'nother category! Sounds like he knows that now...
Take care,
K
Old 10-11-2013, 05:46 AM

oh he knows it. so does the sales man who made the GRAND error of ringing here yesterday to talk to my dh and got me taking a nap after dialysis. I am so tired, need that nap. waking up by the phone is not good. I wasn't going to call him as asked not to by dh. he rang here. UH OH. He got an earful and then some. And then some more. And then some more. I was not a happy camper. He lied to dh. He told him rebuilt engine. Then when pushed by me to provide proof it was rebuilt get me the mechanics who did it. call the seller. find this out. You sold it as this I want to have proof of that. Turns out its a used motor. not the same thing at all. I am furious. told him it was a junker and that it should be put behind some barn to turn to mulch. and he ripped dh off. He said come talk to the manager he will work with you. What dh does now is his deal. I am so sick of being sick over that vehicle. I truly cried. Its junk! four wheel drive or not you don't trade a 2006 perfectly good looked new truck in for a 1995 piece of junk suburban paint ruined, car seats vinyl (omg) and look like they were eaten by mice, dented rear gate, oh missing visors! missing cup holder (big whole in that area) oh shall I go on? its a piece of JUNK! so yeah I try to make light of things it beats having a coronary. if you see this here like this know that that sales man got the full brunt of my oh no you don't. I told him you make a practice of selling FILTHY vehicles (its filthy inside) he says well your dh didn't seem to mind.. oh I said he minds now trust me. (mean lady I am) and he says we can bring it in to be detailed. I want to bring it in for my truck back. oh yes I do. I think it needs to go accidently over a nice vista while we are out viewing the sights.. oops forgot the parking break. darned thing is awful kiffie. I am not talking about it any more good thing I don't have to look at it when I open the curtains. Jaba is ready to go after the selling guy with me trust me. she has my back and even will let me move in with her if I run away. ok not for long but for a short run away moment. that is a true pal. love her so much. family we are.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:49 AM

ps good morning America! and critters? give me critters and I will smile from now on if that monstrosity disappears!

I put up the names for the new swap so go check out who your partner is and give them a PM! I am not on the list as as always happens someone has to drop out or doesn't send and well that is where the brat comes flying in to the rescue! tada! hero! (lOL ok not a hero at all but rather not do two or four if I can help it). can't wait to see what everyone makes. any troubles come to me and I will fix them presto magico! that is me!!!