Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Good morning everyone! Clue for day: She loves to quilt!
HEY...........that's not fair young lady, as I am sure we all love to quilt to some degree!!

My hint for today, is no hint that my Secret Santa receiver might figure out!! I want to surprise whoever she is!!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:08 PM

Haven't posted in a while......for my SS I know I didn't give any help when I signed up (kinda last minute and did it in a hurry), but here's more. I like purples and teals, bright colors. I'm still too chicken to try anything complicated! I could use a good pair of scissors, a seam ripper (or 3-LOL). I haven't tried fmq, but have been interested in starting with a border stencil and see how I can do with that (I just need to follow a pattern or guideline, something about doing it without makes me nervous), marking pens that wash out. I like odd pincushions (homemade too), angels and windchimes. I hope these ideas help (if you get on the board).
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
HEY...........that's not fair young lady, as I am sure we all love to quilt to some degree!!

My hint for today, is no hint that my Secret Santa receiver might figure out!! I want to surprise whoever she is!!
Hey, someone said we were giving out too much information & our Santaee's could guess. So, I went generic! Where ya been lately? Is Mom ok?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
That works! I love when I start a new quilt, with fabric I already have. Just makes me SO proud of myself!
Me too Neesie! I especially love it when I have scraps and leftovers turn into beautiful stars and scrappy quilts. I was once told that this was a free quilt. Heck no! It is a bonus quilt but I paid for every peice of it...salvage to salvage! I do so love quilting!!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
hmmm you might need more than a Broom to get up here...lol even if it`s a Super Delux.....lol but you would enjoy the fresh , cool air...as well as the vast forests and beautiful lakes and rivers. How about hunting and fishing....well maybe you wouldn`t like the mosquitos so much......oh yes, and I do have a pretty good stash.....could show you but not sure I would share ha ha ha!!!!
I have an a nice travel trailer, maybe I should put Ontario on my list to run away to. I like to fish and hunt and to stomp in as many puddles as I can. It sounds wonderful! As for the mosquitos...we habe millions and millions of them in Florida! We are going camping in 2 weeks and the weather is starting to moderate better for camping! I could sneak your stash into the compartment under my bed....wait ...full already... have to get a pack mule. hehehehehe
Old 10-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Woo hoo - you've narrowed it down to east of the the Mississippi!

Originally Posted by Likethedog View Post
Here's a hint about my secret partner: If there are radio and TV stations in her area, the call letters that start with W.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 PM

What Nelco wants is called the Add-A-Quarter ruler. It comes in 6" and 12" long -- I have a 6" and think a 12" would get in the way. This ruler is absolutely invaluable for paper piecing. I love love love paper piecing, I know some of you hate it, but I think it is fabulous for accuracy and intricacy.

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
I just thought of something I would LOVE to have. And it would help with my paper piecing. it is called 1/4" ruler that has a lip on it at the 1/4 mark. I am going to the MQX Thursday to check out all the wonderful quilts.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judylee2 View Post
Me too Neesie! I especially love it when I have scraps and leftovers turn into beautiful stars and scrappy quilts. I was once told that this was a free quilt. Heck no! It is a bonus quilt but I paid for every peice of it...salvage to salvage! I do so love quilting!!!!!
Free?!? Pffffft! We pay extra, to have those 'scraps' left!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM

My "LSR" (Lucky Secret Recipient )... lives a little over 500 miles from me. She is near a lake. She is easy to please./.... only has 2 "druther nots". She has one happy pooch .
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Well, today was the day. I tried out my new PP ruler with the 1/4" lip on it. It is fantastic. Worth every penny I paid for it. (Should have bought it on Amazon! But, I didn't. I was in a hurry for it.) My Bee Block practically made itself. And the video tutorial was fabulous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM

Now, that being said.... I didn't account for user error. I bought fabric I hated. And, found out it was kinda of thin. Problem 1. Problem 2, same problem as problem 1, only, it was a white print fabric. Then of course, I was using the free pattern "Circle of Geese" from here: http://piecebynumber.com/circleofgeese.htm. Well, half my geese went clockwise and the other half went counter clockwise. Yep, I will be re-doing the entire block tomorrow including new fabric. But, the 1/4" PP ruler worked fantastic! I highly recommend it.