Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Will your super broom hold two of us? And what's this with your fingers being stuck together? Does that mean you can't guard your fabric stash? Oooooooh, unguarded faaaaaaaaaaaabric! Oooops! Didn't mean to type that out loud!
My tape dispenser ( hoarder) out- smarted me! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You'll need a much bigger broom for my stash, Cindy60545 has a class A license, better recruit her and a tractor-trailer, LOLOLOL!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Judylee2 View Post
My tape dispenser ( hoarder) out- smarted me! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You'll need a much bigger broom for my stash, Cindy60545 has a class A license, better recruit her and a tractor-trailer, LOLOLOL!
She's right, I do have a class A CDL license. And I know the way to her house VERY well! I can also get my hands on a tractor/trailer to haul all her fabric too! Course, I might just pack all her stuff up & move her closer to me while I'm at it! I miss seeing her!
Been making some things for my Santaee. I know they like homemade, so am filling up the box with unique things that I know she'll enjoy. Clue for the day? You have lots of pine trees in your state.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
That sounds like the perfect solution to me. You've certainly piqued my curiosity with this one -- you're going to have to be sure and let us know what you sent if the recipient doesn't share it with us!
I certainly will! I've had a bit of bad luck with swapping so I take a picture of everything I swap. It's a way to keep a record anyway, especially if you happen to get the same swapper twice. I would hate to send the same thing to the same swapper. Make sence?
Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
For all the girls in the hole I have a 1/2 of a black box of Merlot I can toss it in if you want to have some before the raid? As for treats in the box I'm game for what ever is in my box. To my SS would you like some Krumkaka or Almond cookies? I'm enjoying watching you from the cheep seats up here, if you have any extra fabric just drop it on the edge here before you get back in the hole.
I'm almost afraid to ask . . . but what is Krumkaka?
Old 10-13-2013, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on a much sadder note, our beloved Bandi (oldest fur kitty age 14) has
been diagnosed with severe heart trouble, there could be surgery, but the kind
of heart problem she has would require EXTENSIVE tests to determine which
route they would feel best to go. We can't afford to have all the tests and surgery
so we have opted to do our best to keep her comfy and as pain free as we can
and make more memories with her.
Louise, I'm so sorry! Bless you, for thinking of her comfort, above your own. I would do the same and let her go peacefully, rather than subject her to extensive tests and surgery. I feel animals deserve peace, not more pain. {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 10-13-2013, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Hi everyone! I am home for the night and no time to catch up on ALL the msg. I am vending at a quilt show here in Iowa and the vendor next to me has given me a DEAL on fabric! Ah-ha I knew that would get your attention! (Fabric and deal in the same sentence). 24 batik fat quarters for $20 all bagged and ready to go. She only had 4 bags and ONE of them is mine for a special secret pal! They are beautiful. I can't wait to start wrapping. I was all excited telling my husband and his eyes glazed over-men just don't understand fabric deals!
Sounds yummy!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
She's right, I do have a class A CDL license. And I know the way to her house VERY well! I can also get my hands on a tractor/trailer to haul all her fabric too! Course, I might just pack all her stuff up & move her closer to me while I'm at it! I miss seeing her!
Been making some things for my Santaee. I know they like homemade, so am filling up the box with unique things that I know she'll enjoy. Clue for the day? You have lots of pine trees in your state.
Pine trees? Texas has pine trees . . . . It's a big state, so surely there are lots of them!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]441012[/ATTACH] I received my SS name the other day. So I am excited to start shopping for her!! I've been busy making these Batik blocks for a "block along" (I've since done two more blocks but haven't taken a picture of them yet) that I am in on the boards. My son and his wife recently told us they are expecting their first child. So I am busy knitting a baby afghan..also in the middle of a needlepoint project too. I enjoy reading eveyones' post. We are a happy group!
So, so pretty!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Amazon.com and walmart.com have it. The Hugos amazing tape I mean
Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Neesie;6346458]I'm almost afraid to ask . . . but what is Krumkaka?[/QUOTE

Krumkaka is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream.