Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Wait for me, I wanna come too please.
Of course you're welcome! We'll get a great big table so there's plenty of room for everyone who'd like to come. Heck, we may even take over an entire room!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
It was so good. so many of them and what ideas they gave me too. Yesterdays was at Dongara about 50 kms south of Geraldton and the one on Saturday was 50km north of Gero. Both are o different. We didnt go to Northampton this year. they hold theres annually and the whole town is decked out with quilts hung everywhere...they line the streets with them. Dongara is held every 3 years and its new quilts only.Its the first time we've been to that one. We're back in our house now for 6 weeks then we're off to Kalgoorlie.
Sounds wonderful!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Ok I know I am way behind in reading and someone else make have requested this already, but please post your apple and pumpkin butter recipes that you make in the crock pot.

I tried apple butter twice years ago stove top and cooked in the oven and I managed to scorch it each time.

And having said that I will repeat what I said in another post, I would love to receive your favourite recipes. I love to cook and love to try new things.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
My usual breakfast is a lightly toasted Sara Lee (the best IMHO) cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese and my homemade apple butter.

New crop apples are in the stores, time to get this yea'rs batch done. And pumpkin butter next -- anyone ever tired to make that? It's really great for a change but my favorite is still apple. And I make my butters in a crock pot, no danger of scorching.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Of course you're welcome! We'll get a great big table so there's plenty of room for everyone who'd like to come. Heck, we may even take over an entire room!
With this group, they'll probably insist we take a private room! I'm having a glass of wine, with mine!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM

It could be me.

Originally Posted by KGoodhand View Post
OMGosh!!! I can not believe I had 42 pages to catch up on!!! But I did it!
There was a post a ways back with some really good looking apple jelly or butter! I have never made it but it looks really good! And sounds even better!!!
The hint for my SS is that they live in Canada!!! It narrows the field a bit!!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:14 PM

YUM, Fettaccini Alfredo sounds so yummy. I love it with shrimp or grilled chicken. The rock candy also sounds great, cinnamon flavored is the best.

The hole is virtual so anything you need is there which means all the fabric, money, rest, and food you could imagine. I know I am having tons of fun in here.

Now, onto my SS. I have been watching and you are naughty, your not posting as much as expected and I am still wondering things about you.

Now for the person that has my name, here are some more ideas. I could use one of the plastic containers that you sort and store your embroidery flosses in. Just happened to think of that the other day when I was looking through some of my stuff.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Oh there is a lot of drool on the windowsill so it must be our dear little dreamer. Sorry but I can't read the 50 shades books because it's on the "banned book "list in our little town and since I'm such a good little girl of course I didn't read anything about Anastasia. Lol

Gram of 6 is that rock made of rock candy. Because if it is I'll be joining you in the naught hole in the ground because I love rock candy!
You didn't miss anything- got thru a few pages of 50 shades and was bored to death..Prefer classics, true crime, Christian romance etc..and of course the quilters series!!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Santa Claus is a woman!

Santa Claus is a woman because:
  • The vast majorities of men don't even think about selecting gifts until Christmas Eve and only go for a last-minute shopping spree.
  • For a he-Santa, there would be no reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted and strapped on to the rear bumper of the sleigh.
  • Even if the male Santa did have reindeer, he would inevitably get lost up there in the snow and clouds and then refuse to stop and ask for directions.
  • For a Santa man, there would be unavoidable delays in the chimney, where the Bob Vila-like Santa would stop to inspect and repaint bricks in the flue.
  • He would also need to check for carbon monoxide fumes in every gas fireplace, and get under every Christmas tree that is crooked to straighten it to a perfectly upright 90-degree angle.
  • Men can't pack a bag.
  • Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.
  • Men would feel their masculinity is threatened...having to be seen with all those elves.
  • Men don't answer their mail.
  • Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described even in jest as anything remotely resembling a "bowlful of jelly."
  • Men aren't interested in stockings unless somebody's wearing them.
  • Having to do the 'Ho Ho Ho' thing would seriously inhibit their ability to pick up women.
  • Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:42 PM

just because..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FallHarvest_2.jpg   FALLFALL.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	441202  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM

HINT**** My SS lives in a town with a Main St