Purging purging purging!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:34 AM

Thank you for posting this process. I receive scraps (pls don't throw away) to stuff pet pillows for the Humane Society. Thus my bdrm has many black and white trash bags, plus the smaller grocery bags. I just spent a couple of hours purging piles of fabric ... I also receive larger pieces to make the pillows. Thus the whole pillow can be washed at the dog pound. I did not realize how many sacks and different piles I had here and there. I go thru the sacks due to having found straight pins, paper, wooden thingies accidentally thrown in the scrap sack. I intend to use the triangles, squares, rectangles, bright fabric, etc. for comfort quilts. I can tell the difference in my bdrm ... don't know if anybody else can.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Take a lot of nerve to do that...My hats off to you.....
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 AM

My job tomorrow is to go through all my winter clothes and get rid of what I can't wear and swap out summer/winter clothes. Cool weather is coming soon!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

If I have to purchase more containers to put it in I either transfer or donate or out on the curb! Anything on the curb is gone within 30 minutes and I only had to move about that many feet from my door to the curb! maybe further! I found a Montgomery Ward 770 on the curb. Have found nothing relating to parts. Would need more than I really want to put into it. It's going on the curb. No money into it. it's still on the carport but not for long. Who ever had it must have gotten really mad at it. Been abused really bad.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 PM

It always feels so great when you do a real clean-out! Good for you!

Now, will you come do mine?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
It always feels so great when you do a real clean-out! Good for you!

Now, will you come do mine?

Uh......no! LOL! Still working on mine!

Sandy
Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Check flylady.com. She is wonderful and tells you how to get rid of stuff without stressing.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Power Poster

That is my inner sanctum ... Fabric, yarn, art projects, 2 file cabinets, office supplies, a scrapbook armoire (plus misc. scrapbook stuff) a computer desk and a bunch of plastic boxes, drawers, etc... plus more in the closet. I am on a no buying moratorium and sewing like crazy. I have made 2 scrapbook baskets for relay raffles and will do so again this year plus hand painted Christmas balls, night lights and various other artsy projects. If I sold all I donate I could retire! :-)
Old 10-15-2013, 05:44 AM

Oh yes, I think all of us can relate to that....I call it "Working on my "P.H.D."...Better know as PILE it HIGH and DEEP....LOl
Old 10-15-2013, 07:04 AM

I just took a full car load of stuff to the Goodwill and there wasn't a piece of glass or clothing in the lot. I hated giving it all away but I decided I just can't keep all the stuff. I picked out the good stuff and will use it, but the rest has to go. Now I have a shed and a closet to clean out and I am ready to go. I am like you that I have way too much ever to use and the clutter makes me nuts !!!