Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-15-2013, 06:24 PM
som

this is the first time I hAVE DONE A SS SWAP ,it has been a lot of fun, but I was wondering ,do I put my return add, on the pkg? and not my name? thanks som
Old 10-15-2013, 07:22 PM

I am waiting on 2 items I ordered for my person. It is all ready to go, so when I get those two things I will mail out. My person can't seem to locate these in her area. But I found some and they are on their way to me. hint hint.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Shoot, that leaves me out, 'coz I'm in FL.
Dawn..........don't be so sure, you know at Secret Santa time they can tell us anything & we think we have to believe them!!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Of course you can! We have SS partners who never visit, so you have one of their chairs.
Ummmmmmm, I think there might be some sort of rule that visitors must bring us snacks of . . . ummmmmm, let's see . . . oh! Fettuccine Alfredo! Yeah, that was it! Visitors must bring a lot of Fettuccine Alfredo and a bottle of nice white wine!

I too have a SS that doesn't post pn here. Sad . It makes it harder to stalk her, u less I do like some of you did, and ride the. Room around google earth! Now THAT was a cool ride!!!! Lol

As for the white wine, Nessie, I find wine to leave my mouth feeling very dry & cottony? I much prefer something flavored with coconut rum. Wanna go sit in the corner with me???
Old 10-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by som View Post
this is the first time I hAVE DONE A SS SWAP ,it has been a lot of fun, but I was wondering ,do I put my return add, on the pkg? and not my name? thanks som
If your SS doesn't know where you live, it probably doesn't really matter. However, some people use the address of a friend or relative. Some even use the recipient's address but that could cause a problem, if for some reason the package runs into a snag and can't be delivered to that address. Since some folks have Secret Santas in other swaps, one someone suggested we put QB Secret Santa, somewhere on the box (or in return address).
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
I too have a SS that doesn't post pn here. Sad . It makes it harder to stalk her, u less I do like some of you did, and ride the. Room around google earth! Now THAT was a cool ride!!!! Lol

As for the white wine, Nessie, I find wine to leave my mouth feeling very dry & cottony? I much prefer something flavored with coconut rum. Wanna go sit in the corner with me???
Coconut rum is always a good choice and I'd be honored to share a bottle with you, in the corner. I'll grab some hot cocoa, on my way over. As for the white wine, I don't care for dry ones, either. Have you ever had the (Castello del Poggio) moscato, at Olive Garden? It's sweet and has a very, very low alcohol content. It's a sparkling dessert wine and quite yummy! If that's too tame, I have a nice bottle of Schmitt Sohne Auslese. It's also on the sweet, mild side.

Last edited by Neesie; 10-15-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 PM

I really wish my SS would post something she really wants.
I am still working away on your package but there must be something you would like.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 PM

Thought I would tell my SS a little more about me. I collect 1.5" & 2.5" charms. I don't like skull & cross bone fabric. I don't mind getting already read quilt magazines. I have also been collecting buttons & didn't realize it. I love herbal caffeine free hot teas, black licorice, homemade goodies, Tweety, rooster & chicken fabric, rickrack & almond joys. My SS lives east of me & in a state I never drove thru when I took a break from nursing & was long haul driving with DH.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:20 AM

"HELP IS HERE" for all of you ladies that haven't seen your Secret Santa post yet. If you will just send me their names & address's, I will contact them for you & ask what they would like to receive!! You can trust me to keep everything a big SECRET!! Well maybe you can!!

Last edited by SulaBug; 10-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 AM

This is my first SS Swap and I'm one who hasn't chimed in until now. I've enjoyed reading the chatter here, but had to do so on my phone as I was caring for a relative out of state who had emergency surgery. It's nice to be back home.

I hope I've given my SS enough information; I like to be surprised, so I haven't given any hints other than the info required in the initial sign-up email. Hopefully my profile will fill in the blanks. Everyone on this board has always been so helpful and there's information on just about any topic you might have, so thanks to all who do contribute regularly. I'm truly appreciate my "friends" here on QB.