Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

cheerio I don't mind cat spit.
mary, I live in a fairly small town, but then again, I live on long island new York, so even our small towns are big here.if you get off the line, you may never get back on. an old lady passed out today, I swear to the quilt faries she did. or maybe she just wanted to get ahead in the line.
pattia, a lot of people do the ornament and pincushion swap. I do both. get ready with an idea, our new hostess says she's doing November too, so I made the roasted turkey for it. still need to make one more pin cuhion for next month. My kitty ZOEY is trying to get my attention. she puts me to bed every night, then goes and watches tv with dh for awhile. comes in with him and sleeps between the two of us. (or on top of me). so you see, cheerio, cat spit doesn't bother me, just means they kissed it extra for me!
goodnight all, happy quilting
Old 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM

Lynnie,
I was just this close to feeling for you...then you mention shuffling your feet and saying you saw spots after your pic, getting out of reading the eye chart...so there went my sympathy for ya!! When I had to renew, I got a man who was older than Methuselah, and rude..rude..rude...he was such a "joy" (not) to watch with the people ahead of me..I was hoping I wouldn't get him..but of course, I did..I almost told the person behind me to "Please go on ahead." They would probably have asked me what did they ever do to me?? Lol.. So, you're a lucky gal..
Thanks for the info on your turkey, but I need pictures! I have such a rough time picturing things, am a visual learner...so, I will eagerly anticipate pics..
Kif
Old 10-16-2013, 06:41 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

well, my lil bluebird is on my sister's tree now. yes, she is one of those who leaves her tree up YEAR ROUND. yep. I am working on a red one for the swap. the red and pinkish bird sitting in a cute lil brown nest musta said something "catty" and Grim tore him a new one! haha literally. I didn't realize just how much wool I had compacted into the bird till I saw the fluff and his 2 lil button eyes staring up at me from the rug. . . sob. so, Grim and Prissy are on probation. Lord I just had visions of what they will do to my Christmas tree! this is their 1st Christmas.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:24 AM

Got my ornies all ready to mail. My Great Dane, Heidi, is so funny. She loves to go for rides, and when she sees me take out the packing tape, she gets all excited. Well, today I thought I fooled her. Walked out to the living room to put the envelopes near the door, and said to myself, "There, they are all ready for the post office at some point." Didn't she hear me and come running and bouncing around?!?! So now I have to take her with me. Mind you, I live a half mile from our p o and could walk it if I wanted to take my life in my hands. It is a small country po and I can usually be in and out in less than 5 minutes if I don't talk to the postmistress who also quilts.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie, i downgraded my license from a cdl ($180) to a grade d, regular ($80). on a cdl you need a good vision with both eyes, on a regular you get to do the eye test with two eyes opened. so i downgraded.my retirement plans was to keep the cdl and move to fl and drive for disney. in walks my dh 7 yrs ago, and ruins my retirement plans. oh well, so now i have this great husband, and no retirement plan. the fact that i'm disabled does not factor into my plans at all!

cheerio, first year with new fur babies....oh the good old days!!!!! Zoey sits half way up the tree, sprawled over few branches. the tree looks sooo nice at first. after a day or two, the bottom third is bare. i guess your sister doesn't have fur babies, or she just likes to redecorate every day. i put unbreakables low on the tree for furbaby reasons. oh what fun you'll have this year!!!!

grann, now you have your hands full, full of a B I G furbaby. I bet he's a bigger baby than any kitty too. well, at least you know if you want to take a cross country trip, you have a passenger that will keep you company. At least your baby didn't tear up your work. i guess if he did, he could do it all in one big gulp.

i'll have my friend take a pic next tues and we'll post my roaster then. let me know if you get your ornaments, the people i addressed them to. ck in with you all later to see the pics of todays ornaments. enjoy the day, it's beautiful here on long island today. later friends
Old 10-16-2013, 08:33 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

well Lynnie, that driving for Mr. Disney sounds like a good plan. Hubs won't go for it huh? oh well. yes, the 2 kitties were rescues this past spring. mamma got hit by a car so . . and the 3 yr old grey cat puts up with them pretty good. The 4 dogs tolerate all but the grey cat wants no part of the shenanigans. eats, sleeps, poop. repeat. that's Milo's agenda. My sister has 1 beagle and a golden lab and a chocolate lab. and 4 cats in the house. then 2 outside cats. she had chickens and rabbits but it got to be a bit much for the neighbors. gran-the animals have us so figured out! oh yea Lynnie, sister decorates it from about 1/3 from the bottom and up. till Christmas. then they have a water bottle and squirt! It would so NOT be worth it for me.

Last edited by cherrio; 10-16-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:41 AM

Lynnie, my Dane is quite the Princess, very spoiled, now that she is the only dog on the premises. She loves being an "only child".

Cherrio, they certainly do. And today when my DN across the street came home from tennis, Heidi let me know he was home. She barked and carried on. I looked out to see him at his mailbox waving at her and saying hi. Too funny. I'm sure she wanted to go over and say hi closeup.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM

Still no name, which means more time to decide on exactly which one of the ones that are made to mail. Maybe I should post pics once all are done and see if my partners comment, then deciding one which ones to send will be done. Just might do that. Any color choices out there? You never know I may just have that one.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:36 AM

Mdall I'm in the same boat with you no name What is your favorite color? Since you are asking? We tend to do theme trees, all purple or all white or all old ornaments I try to change it each year, one year I tried to use all of our ornaments had to do two trees. Really! We have been collecting ornaments for 33 years.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Maybe you can post a picture of your tree with the quiltingboard ornaments on it.??? That is when you receive yours. She should be getting close to being done I would think. Brenda does have a job and a family. I don't know how many signed up this year. Did anyone ever find out?