Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-16-2013, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
I have a silly question.... Does everyone put up a tree? Even those who are from warmer states that don't see snow. I know you don't have to have snow to have a tree, but maybe you do something different.
I don't recall ever seeing a movie where people go out on a hot day to pick a tree )
I'd love to hear how you decorate for the holidays, if different from the snowy areas.
I decorate even more now that I live in the Sunshine State! When I moved from NY to FL I was determined that weather would not kill the holiday spirit!..Because of allergies etc, tho we use a fake tree, but many use a real tree. The first Christmas here we ran the A/C so we could use the Fireplace on Christmas Eve
Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 PM

I have a silly question.... Does everyone put up a tree? Even those who are from warmer states that don't see snow. I know you don't have to have snow to have a tree, but maybe you do something different.
I don't recall ever seeing a movie where people go out on a hot day to pick a tree )
I'd love to hear how you decorate for the holidays, if different from the snowy areas.
Well, down here in this part of Texas, we may get a token snowfall but can't count on it. About the tree question, if it looks like we may get snow, everyone suddenly wants a tree. Since we don't know about the snow ahead of time, there are never enough trees to go around. Oh, it's a dangerous situation, for sure! As soon as a tree lot opens, people start rushing the place, grabbing up every tree in sight! One particular year, it was so bad that the only thing left were fallen branches. Well, the lot attendant started gathering up all those branches and had just stooped down to pick up the last branch, when some crazy rednecks came along, saw the pine branches and grabbed him up before he could even holler. They wrapped a rope around that poor pine-covered man and threw him into the back of their pick-up. The rest of us were hollering for them to put him down but they just kept hollering back, "Finders keepers!" I hope they at least remembered to give the poor guy some water. . . .
Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Here is my SS clue for today...my partners house numbers total 18.

Jan
Not me, mine add up to 16
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 PM

1. favorite colors For decor fall colours, I have some how collected table cloths that are orange, yellow, green, taupe and white. I do not have any pinks or purples in home decor.
2. what do you use most, mugrugs, aprons, coasters, or something else. I do not have any Mug Rugs yet. Aprons are wonderful, but I am a big woman and need more coverage than the average apron supplies, longer ties too.
3. why wont you post more often? I work 6 days a week and every time I log on there are 10+ pages to catch up on.

Hope those answers help, no matter who my SS is.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:08 PM

I have teens and for the last 16 years we have gone to a local Christmas Tree Farm. We call it the annual Christmas Tree Hunt. It is always a good day when we get our tree.

If we did not have kids, I am not sure how much decorating I would do. I work such long hours that I do not really get to enjoy Christmas.

We decorate the living room and dining room. The tree has a blend of homemade and bought decorations. We use lots of lights in both rooms. Some years dh paints the huge living room window.

We have white lights up outside year round in a hug cherry tree in the middle of our front yard. DH starts to add the decorations (huge balls and ornaments) right after Halloween. I have met complete strangers who know our house for the Fairy Tree.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Well it sure looks silly to have 4 comments in a row. I wish I could keep up with all of you during the day.

Still nary a post from my recipient, that rules out all the trouble makers down in the hole. I may have to get some help from some of the super sleuths here.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 PM

I like Tea.. peach, sleepy time or a nice spice tea.

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Just in case my SS person is reading this and will answer, I have a question for her.

Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 AM

We also go and cut our own tree, my DGD lives with us, BUT I love Christmas time, and the smell of the tree is just awesome. One year I did just red/white tree, I just loved it, this year it's gonna be purple???
Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 AM

Good Morning fellow Santas! I was busy yesterday setting up our guilds annual quilt show. I'll take pictures & post them in pictures over the weekend. Wait til you see the variety of quilts we have. I may be partial to our group, but I really think you'll enjoy the talent we're displaying this weekend! I'm co-chair for the silent auction & we have 30 items to bid on & they are really nice. We doubled what we had last year! Our bazaar has some really cool things that I'm going to pick up for my Santaee too. If anyone is anywhere near Canton, TX this weekend, come check out the show. I really think we outdid ourselves this year! More vendors, more quilts & just more of everything. Today I'll be sewing away on a couple of things for Santaee. The box is getting full, so am going to have to stop when I can't get the box closed anymore.

To answer some of the ?? posted -
1. favorite colors? - anything but grey! (I looked at it for 20 years & am sick of it!)
2. tea or coffee? - both!
3. reading? - quilt books, mainly ones on longarm quilting. Since I retired, I've REALLY gotten into the quilting of the quilts.
4. posting? Well, if it's someone that doesn't post much, it's definitely not me!
5. I like to explore different ideas for quilts. I keep seeing the same patterns over & over & I want to be different. Right now I'm exploring different wholecloth quilts. Gonna try some Irena Bluhm style stuff.

Clue for the day: There's a porch attached to the front of your house.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:10 AM

Oh wow, I have one, could it be me????

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Good Morning fellow Santas! I was busy yesterday setting up our guilds annual quilt show. I'll take pictures & post them in pictures over the weekend. Wait til you see the variety of quilts we have. I may be partial to our group, but I really think you'll enjoy the talent we're displaying this weekend! I'm co-chair for the silent auction & we have 30 items to bid on & they are really nice. We doubled what we had last year! Our bazaar has some really cool things that I'm going to pick up for my Santaee too. If anyone is anywhere near Canton, TX this weekend, come check out the show. I really think we outdid ourselves this year! More vendors, more quilts & just more of everything. Today I'll be sewing away on a couple of things for Santaee. The box is getting full, so am going to have to stop when I can't get the box closed anymore.

To answer some of the ?? posted -
1. favorite colors? - anything but grey! (I looked at it for 20 years & am sick of it!)
2. tea or coffee? - both!
3. reading? - quilt books, mainly ones on longarm quilting. Since I retired, I've REALLY gotten into the quilting of the quilts.
4. posting? Well, if it's someone that doesn't post much, it's definitely not me!
5. I like to explore different ideas for quilts. I keep seeing the same patterns over & over & I want to be different. Right now I'm exploring different wholecloth quilts. Gonna try some Irena Bluhm style stuff.

Clue for the day: There's a porch attached to the front of your house.