Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 AM

mmm, your coffee of choice sounds delish. Definitely going to have to try it!!
Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
Ahhhh the joys of Aleve. I too suffer from nasty back issues and can go through a 40 count bottle in a matter of weeks. I have to get the one with the Arthritis Red Cap so that I can open it in the a.m.. It's such a pita but it's what I got to do in order to be able to move.

Anyways you guys have really been yakking it up as I have yet to catch up on everyone of the post here. Oh Vay!!

But to my SS your project is coming along even with bouts of canning potatoes interruppting the process over the past week. All I can tell you right now is that this will be the main portion of your gift but I don't think you'll mind one bit!!

Well I'm off to continue with it this afternoon. It is gray, misty & cool here in Mid-Michigan, so it's a good day for homemade hot mocha latte-ish ... okay I have to admit it... it's Mocha Almond Coffee with Dark Hot Chocolate Mix added to it but it sure is super Yummy! LOL. Pair that up with a day of sewing and it's all good.

Toodles Y'all,
Tricia
Old 10-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Banned

So I just got home from doing a little shopping for my SSR.

Was FINALLY able to find one particular item she was wanting, at least
I hope it will work.

After carefully folding the fabric neatly (along with the 4 fqs), and putting
everything I have purchased so far into the box. Well I guess I better get
busy trying to find more goodies to help fill up the box. So far it is barely
half full (if even that close). I have oodles of stuff that I have purchased
over the last few years that I can use as filler.

But regarding the required FQ's do they need to be bundled separately from
the other goodies in the package? Like have a ribbon or something wrapped
around them to identify that they are the required 4 FQ's?
Just wasn't sure is there was a requirement for this part or not.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by StephT View Post
I found something that really helps my pain. Turmeric....you find it with the spices. You can get pills at the health food store, but it is more expensive. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Some people mix it with their tea's but I don't like teas so I put a pinch in about 1 oz or 2 of orange juice.
I might have to try this. It has to be healthier than all these other chemicals the doc has me on. I have fibro and arthritis in my spine.
If I'm the one that isn't on often enough, I've spent most of the last month at the hospital with my dad. He keeps falling. Two falls in two weeks this last time he fractured his tibia. Now we are in the process of moving him to the nursing home where my sister works.
If my SS missed the my wants post. I'm pretty easy to please. Love bright colors, tea, dark chocolate, any thing to do with quilting, I hand embroider, hand quilt, love anything hand made. Hope this helps. My box is almost ready to go. won't close it until the last minute though. Never can tell what I might find before now and then.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM

BTW, for you newbies to Secret Santa...
Don't forget to wrap the goodies in your box. This way if someone still mistakenly opens the box...they have a wrapped item to stop them....
Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM

Hi all......I just can't keep up with all these posts! I am busy getting my box ready. I still have some things to add. I have seen her post, but not very often. More hints would be good. If you hint, don't go and say you will be buying the item next time you are in town! For ME......I am easy to please, I do like teas, chocolates, hand made items, 'odd' stuff that you can't just purchase at your local walmart, target, etc. I look forward to this present more than any from anyone else as it is truly a surprise out of the blue. Seems like family only wants to give you things like a new sweater, boots, purses, kitchen utensils.....stuff I can get any ole time! They never think about my hobbies! Even though recently when I dropped a few bucks at Joanns, my hubby said we could pay off the rest of the mortgage with the thousands of $$ in my 'mom cave'!!! He has no idea!! LOL
Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned

Awww yes I was thinking about doing this last night as I drifted
off to sleep.

But imagine that, I plum forgot about it today.

Thanks for the reminder.

Louise

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Don't forget to wrap the goodies in your box. This way if someone still mistakenly opens the box...they have a wrapped item to stop them....
Old 10-17-2013, 12:46 PM

I picked up some wrap today, even though I have about 50 rolls out in our storage shed.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I was going to wrap but had to abandon the idea. There literally wasn't room to add a piece of tissue paper to that box. Barely got it closed and sealed! So.... hope my Secret Santee is paying attention to the return address on the package.

But your idea is a good one for those who can do it. Plus it makes it such fun for the Santee. Imagine... having to wait in agony to open the box... only to find separate packages concealed in more wrapping. Yoohoo!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

Well so far inside my box there are about 5-7 (give or take at the moment)
wrapped packages.

I wrapped some thing separately, while smaller items I "bundled" so I could
wrap them. But I TRIED to wrap all the NON-sewing stuff together, however
I still have room in my box so I need to go hunting in my goodie boxes again.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice on my back. I am on meds for it. Advil, muscle relaxers, and Tramadol. This is a problem that I have had since having kids along with degenerative disc, and ol arthur in the lower back. I just over did it the other day cleaning the house is all. It will clear up once I just sit and take it easy for a couple of days. Maybe some hand sewing and beading is in order. I will definitely give the tumeric idea some research.

So, looks like most of you use mugrugs, good thing cause that is one of the items I had planned.

I was wondering does anyone else have the urge to post a few pics of some choice items just to tease people. I think I am going to since I need to post pics of the ornaments I am making in order to see which ones my partners for that swap like. Just an idea. I like to be tease just a little. LOL

Alright ladies, get ready, dinner is done and only a few dishes to clean up. DH took the kids to get some hay bales so they can decorate for Halloween outside with pumkpins and such so I am jumping back in the hole. May a little snip here and there of the home medicinals will help my back.