Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine extension thing >

sewing machine extension thing

sewing machine extension thing

Old 10-15-2013, 06:16 AM

check out the sewing mate tables. They are adjustable to fit most machines. Very well built and recommended by Bonnie Hunter. I love mine.
http://sewingmates.com/
Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 AM

at home. i have a Horn sewing cabinet for the serger and the sewing machine that lowers the machines to have a flat service. Up here, using the Coleman folding tables for sewing tables, i bought a Sew Steady for my Pfaff. It makes a world of difference when DM quilting. It isn't very large so i don't know how it will work for large quilts but it has improved working on smaller stuff. I hadn't realized how much i took for granted that sewing cabinet at home.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:40 AM

My new larger Bernina doesn't fit into my cabinet!! it's too high for me even though I have my chair up as high as it will go, any ideas?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM

Yes, I have one and it definitely makes it easier to quilt.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:17 AM

I just went to http://sewingmates.com/ and looked at what Bonnie Hunter raves about. Now I need to see what size I need. I have a Singer in a cabinet that I use for binding and sewing long strips but would like something for my Brother. Need to see how wide my cabinet is & get a table according to that. Think maybe the 24 x 24 may be too wide - then again maybe not. The sewingmates are adjustable to fit every machine I think so you'd only need one.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Do you have an extension to your sewing machine? I have been looking at them online, and I am wondering if I could use one. I used to not have room next to my sewing machine for anything like that, but I do now.

If you have one, and I am not sure that is what they are called, do you like it? Does it make it easier to sew the sandwiched quilt?

Thanks for any info.

Dina
Yes Dina, if you can obtain one that fits your machine then go for it,I use it so often together with my usual table and free arm option.We need all the options we can get. XX
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Jan, I just bought a Bernina 750, a larger machine and now my old sewing machine cabinet opening is too small, I can sit the machine on top okay, but it is too tall for me to sew comfortably. I have tried using my desk chair with a height adjustment, that's still not tall enough. I am 5'2" tall. Do you have any ideas to help?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Okay, my husband just ordered one for me for my birthday. Thanks for all your help! I decided I had room for the 18 inch by 24 inch Sew Steady. It was the best priced of all I looked at, and apparently it will be built to fit my machine. I will now return my sister's and wait for my birthday.

Dina
Old 10-15-2013, 12:02 PM

Just like JaninVa, My machine drops into my table, when I get ready to quilt, I dust it well, shine it good with Armorall, or some other surface cleaner, and have at it, I love it this way
Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 PM

I like mine but I also put a tap light under it and use it for tracing patterns