Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #50 !  October 2013  Sign up here! >

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:38 AM

So far the flannels I use haven't "pilled"..I rather like the term dibbles, tho. I can't stand sheets that get those "dibbles"..Yuk, yuk, yuk!! I confess I have a wee lil ocd with my bed sheets..don't like wrinkles, no dibbles, and like the covers to be folded back "just so"..no wonder I have insomnia! Thankfully dh could sleep thru a hurricane! I have told him if I was him I would probably put a pillow over my face and hold it there for a bit...just enough to get me still and asleep (disclaimer, I am not advocating slight suffocation as a remedy for insomnia). I'm just lucky dh is nicer than I am.
K
Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 AM

two nights ago I was kicking too much, my legs get all jumpy at night and apparently I kept the dh up all night long. he came home with massive sniffles last night so I slept on the couch.. no way am I catching a cold. He was probably thankful not to get kicked a bunch while being sick. I think a sick man is like having a little child again. Suck it up! that's what I told my kids.. why don't I say it to him? lol..glad your dh wont suffocate you kiffie, um I mean stifle your being awake because well .. I sure love having you to banter with.

pictures surely we will get some pictures soon its that.. time of the month lol.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:44 PM

Sooooo, I am quilting emc118's little quilt yesterday and came upon a wee little mistake This little boo-hoo remained hidden for the 2 days the little quilt top was pinned on the design wall (in my dining room where I walked past it or looked at it a million times a day) until I got up real close and it revealed its ugly self when most of the quilt was already quilted.

Sooooooo, it remains in the little quilt, not easily noticeable (I hope) but to give it character. Binding and label in progress so it should be ready to mail later in the week. Gosh I haven't been this late mailing a DQ for quite a while. I am getting a little tardy

Last edited by Lynnie25; 10-20-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2013, 05:38 AM

no such thing as a perfect quilt.. its the imperfections that show we are human.

I wonder quiltingkrazy how come you don't have a sticky anymore? do you need a minimum of players? the doll quilts have ALWAYs had stickys. maybe next month we can get one again? I don't get them for my swaps but my team seems to find us.. so far. this is one of the slower months for me only 18 players. think Christmas and other holidays are holding people back a bit with worries of finishing obligations.. speaking of this...

what are you making for the holidays? I need to make four aprons in my spare time. lol I never have spare time I am always doing all these swaps. Why do I sign up for so many swaps? because its therapy for me. I sew I sew I sew and with time constraints I am forced to keep sewing. if its my own stuff maybe later.. maybe later and then it doesn't happen. Sewing takes me into the project, I concentrate on it really hard. This way I am not thinking of oh its a super tired day or oh these are my troubles, my bills.. nope only the fabric in front of. Love to say this is cheap therapy but well you all know that is a lie but.. its FUN therapy that is for sure. so aprons here I come.. soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 AM

I had asked for a stickey but I just Patrice was a bit buzy an forgot. Then I forgot to ask again. I'll be sure to get a stickey for November swap which I need to get posted sometime today!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 AM

Need Help Ladies! I was thinking about combining the NOV & DEC swaps so everyone can get things done for the holidays that they are working on. My thought was To have sign up start from now until Nov 3rd and then they have to be mailed by December 14th. The theme would be MYSTERY SURPRISE! That is a fancy way of saying senders choice. OR if you want a theme how about FUSSY CUT SURPRISE! You would have to "fussy cut" a few pieces to incorporate in the design. Could be small or large fussy cuts. LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Will wait and see what the majority says, I was hoping to have a Christmas Wall Hanging for my kitchen. I really like having the special holiday ones, xmas, valentine's, st. patty's...etc.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM

Can't wait for the sign-up to be posted.
I've been MIA for awhile, and I've missed everyone.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 AM

quiltkrazy, love the idea of combining Nov and Dec months and the theme 'Mystery Surprise' - leaves it up to the two partners to confer and see what each other wants.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6358216]two nights ago I was kicking too much, my legs get all jumpy at night and apparently I kept the dh up all night long QUOTE]

Brat, I have suffered for years and years with restless legs, especially in bed at night until a couple of months ago. I read in a magazine somewhere to rub a little Deep Heat around the ankle area and it would solve the problem. Well I didn't have any Deep Heat on hand but I did have a tube of 'A Little Pain Relief' so I rubbed that all over the lower legs and it worked. Have done so every night since. Might work for you