Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I don't understand this. Why join then not post? Seems to me that is the best part of SS. At least for me it has been. I have been getting to "know" and recognize different names and that makes it fun and more homey.
I just haven't been able to get on much lately. I have been feeling poorly, and after spending 9-10 hours of the day at work on the computer, I don't want to do it all evening. Plus the last two weeks i've just felt lousy! I broke a tooth in September, it wasn't healing and we discovered that I cracked the two next to it - a double root canal later (last Friday and i'm starting to feel better, I've asked the boss if she minds me getting on at lunch, she's fine with it so hopefully will be on the board a little more! Will try to go back and answer questions.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 AM

Who said you have to tell them you sent the same week you send?
Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
If we post (except for a PM to
Terri) when we send, isn't that telling who your SS is? I'm not saying when I send, except to Terri.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM

I would like to thank the academy of Secret Santa's, I just noticed that I am a Senior Member Some times it pays to post. Please don't send me any more AARP stuff, I have been getting that for too many years!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:58 AM

Just got back from picking up some more things for my SS. I love buying quilting/sewing supplies, so being able to for someone else is so much fun!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
For whoever has me, I love flavored hot tea, but have to be careful (esp at my favorite place, teavana) as many blends have dried strawbery or peach, which I am allergic to. I also love cocoa.
Oh Teavana, My favorite place to go when I can get to the big city, which is not often. That's a good thing I guess, I spend way to much there.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Ladies, I'm certainly not new to this board or to this swap but I can say that this year some of your comments have completely surprised me. Last year I posted a lot more than this year, I will be the first one to admit that....but things change also. Do I work full time, No, thank heavens but to explain some of it to you.....at the moment this is not the only swap I am in, have wall hangings, doll quilts, table runners and home decor that all needed made. Also in 3 round robins and the boomerangs groups. I have been busy with all these and trying to put together a package for you that I so hope you will enjoy. And I also have family and friends that I would like to make a little something for. And now to add to this I have to have some major back surgery next month that will prevent me from going up and down stairs for at least 3 weeks, I know that's not your problem but mine....all my sewing is downstairs, so I have been sewing frantically to have projects done and upstairs so I can sew on the bindings at least. Hope this will explain why I haven't been on here and taken the time to type out a message to all of you each day, I do try to read the posts and stay in touch so that when surgery happens I will know what has been going on. But please don't think I am not having fun, I loved picking out things for you that I hope you will like and I do hope you will like to receive my package that I have spent a long time on even if you don't know me very well. I certainly look forward to what you are sending me to enjoy. ( the comment above was a little hard to read and to be honest I hope my partner does not feel that way.) If I were brand new to this swap think I might be a little afraid to post on here for the first time. I've had my say and if you're so inclined please think about what you say when someone else is reading it, just my opinion and if I have offended anyone I apologize.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Good point Dedemac.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
I just went & looked in the archives & found we opened SS packages on the 9th of December last year. Which means this year will be the 8th. We just need to establish the time, but it seems to me it was 3 p.m. eastern time. What do ya'll think??
This is perfect for me. It's my birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:38 AM

Jaba, so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery! I will love whatever I get from whomever's name is my Secret Santa. It is fun to get to know people on here and participate in the light hearted banter, but posting isn't mandatory, or it would have been included in the beginning rules? I've participated in many of the doll quilt swaps in the past and sometimes you chat and chat with your partner and sometimes they just aren't as chatty...just the way things go sometimes...so sorry you've been hurt by comments. If mine have offended, please forgive me.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
... If I were brand new to this swap think I might be a little afraid to post on here for the first time. I've had my say and if you're so inclined please think about what you say when someone else is reading it, just my opinion and if I have offended anyone I apologize.
I don't know whether or not you were referring to one of my posts, but I'd like to make a statement, just in case.

I am brand new, to this swap, and have learned to think and rethink about what I'm saying, before posting. I've stopped teasing to a large extent, for fear someone will think I'm serious and be offended.

However, I really don't see why anyone should be offended, by my disappointment at not having a chance to get to know my SS person. It does make me sad, as I had so very much wanted to send a special gift, just for that person. I've tried to choose fabrics with her favorite colors and her stated 'likes' but I know nothing of her personality, so I've no idea whether or not she'll like them. I'm trying to include things she may like but really have NO idea whether she will or not. From her form answers, her likes are almost the opposite of mine, so I can't just send stuff I'd like. I keep hoping she'll happen to read one of my teary posts and consider posting more (or at least answer some of my posted questions), before I have to mail the package. I know I'm not alone, in my feelings.

I'm very, very sorry, if I've offended anyone with my emotions. Will try to do a better job, at keeping them to myself.