Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I don't know whether or not you were referring to one of my posts, but I'd like to make a statement, just in case.

I am brand new, to this swap, and have learned to think and rethink about what I'm saying, before posting. I've stopped teasing to a large extent, for fear someone will think I'm serious and be offended.

However, I really don't see why anyone should be offended, by my disappointment at not having a chance to get to know my SS person. It does make me sad, as I had so very much wanted to send a special gift, just for that person. I've tried to choose fabrics with her favorite colors and her stated 'likes' but I know nothing of her personality, so I've no idea whether or not she'll like them. I'm trying to include things she may like but really have NO idea whether she will or not. From her form answers, her likes are almost the opposite of mine, so I can't just send stuff I'd like. I keep hoping she'll happen to read one of my teary posts and consider posting more (or at least answer some of my posted questions), before I have to mail the package. I know I'm not alone, in my feelings.

I'm very, very sorry, if I've offended anyone with my emotions. Will try to do a better job, at keeping them to myself.
The teasing is all in good fun, and I hope we're all adult enough to see it for what it is. Where's the joy in doing this if we can't banter back and forth and giggle and drink virtual wine and just have FUN?

As for lamenting that your Santee isn't posting -- that is sad, because she or he is missing out on a great part of the joy of this swap. And as you said, you're missing out on getting to know someone better whom you're trying your hardest to please with a gift that will be enjoyed and appreciated. Maybe writing it here will be the nudge it takes to get them to join in -- and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I admit, this thread is one of the first things I check upon logging onto my computer. I've loved every minute of it. I understand that some people like to read and not post, and that's fine -- but not nearly as much fun for them or for us.

Finally, I've really enjoyed getting to know you here, Neesie. I hope you never but a brake on what you'd like to say here.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
My secret santa hint of the day is...your state begins with a vowel.
My state begins with a vowel. O-----REGON. Maybe its me. Lol
Old 10-22-2013, 02:48 PM

I think you're right about Oregon, Airwick, but she means a lot farther north ... like my area!

Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
My state begins with a vowel. O-----REGON. Maybe its me. Lol
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM

[QUOTECheesehead;6362476]Yesterday my SS hint was that you live in a state that begins with a vowel. Today's SS hint is that you live in a state that also ends with a vowel.[/QUOTE]
Guess its not me.. My state ends in a constanant..N...phooey lol
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM

Glad everyones having fun. I am having a rough day today with pain in my feet and legs all the way up to my hips and between the pain and sleeping Ive tried coming here to catch up before I fall asleep again. I am a diabetic with severe neuropathy. But I really enjoy reading everyones posts.

Another hint for whomever has my name, I would really love to have patterns for pin cushions. Cant remember if Ive mentioned that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Yesterday my SS hint was that you live in a state that begins with a vowel. Today's SS hint is that you live in a state that also ends with a vowel.
Indiana begins and ends with a vowel! Er, so does Ohio... and Alabama... and Iowa... and... oh well!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:17 PM

Oh I'm soooooooooooooo excited about this swap, and my goodie box is almost stuffed to the brim and try to make a point of everything she liked???
Old 10-22-2013, 03:57 PM

Hey ALL!! Let's enjoy the fun and not be too sensitive--some of us were just created with the sarcasm bone I love reading everyone's comments and I think I'm pretty good at commenting (maybe too much!! LOL) I know I have not been too good about leaving clues for my secret Santa, but I really like to be totally surprised. It's really neat to learn what someone else likes, and give it a try! NEESIE- I have enjoyed all your posts- I love your sense of humor- don't stop sharing DREAMER AND SHARON- Where the heck are you??? Missing your fun posts. Are you passed out drunk on the bottom of the pit? Lets all relax and have a good time....{{{{{{{GROUP HUG!!}}}}}}
Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 PM

Checking in on you ladies. Been busy, busy, busy here.
Still trying to unpack things and get things sorted, going slow, but I have the rest of my life to unpack these boxes....unless....someone wants to come help.....

For those of you who are fretting about what to send your person, whether they'll like it or not, or you are just stuck for something to send, remember,,,,you can PM me or even Sharonb and we can PM your person and ask them. Don't PM them yourself or you will give yourself away.
This swap doesn't work like others. Who you have, could or COULD NOT be the person that has you. Example...
if Sue has Mary, Mary could have Joan. Doesn't mean that Mary has Sue...got it??

Anyway....I'm off to make banana bread for the guys at hubby's work. Bananas overrippened and I really don't want to toss them out, so I make treats for the guys and they get fatter and I don't. lol
Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 PM

Today's hint- My package will be going to a town that must have very athletic people!