Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Checking in on you ladies. Been busy, busy, busy here.
Still trying to unpack things and get things sorted, going slow, but I have the rest of my life to unpack these boxes....unless....someone wants to come help.....

For those of you who are fretting about what to send your person, whether they'll like it or not, or you are just stuck for something to send, remember,,,,you can PM me or even Sharonb and we can PM your person and ask them. Don't PM them yourself or you will give yourself away.
This swap doesn't work like others. Who you have, could or COULD NOT be the person that has you. Example...
if Sue has Mary, Mary could have Joan. Doesn't mean that Mary has Sue...got it??

Anyway....I'm off to make banana bread for the guys at hubby's work. Bananas overrippened and I really don't want to toss them out, so I make treats for the guys and they get fatter and I don't. lol
I LOVE banana bread- send some this way!! Did you ever make pumpkin bread? I've had it and loved it. May try making that soon
Old 10-22-2013, 04:31 PM
som

hi I havnt posted much either, but I am having fun reading everyones post, I will be happy with whatever I get, and I hope my ss feels the same, I have had such a good time filling my box, im not quite finished yet, but I will be mailing around the first I have a brother Disney machine, I could always use thread ,needles , seam rippers .or just anything you pick up , cant wait until opening day//// som
Old 10-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Checking in on you ladies. Been busy, busy, busy here.
Still trying to unpack things and get things sorted, going slow, but I have the rest of my life to unpack these boxes....unless....someone wants to come help.....

For those of you who are fretting about what to send your person, whether they'll like it or not, or you are just stuck for something to send, remember,,,,you can PM me or even Sharonb and we can PM your person and ask them. Don't PM them yourself or you will give yourself away.
This swap doesn't work like others. Who you have, could or COULD NOT be the person that has you. Example...
if Sue has Mary, Mary could have Joan. Doesn't mean that Mary has Sue...got it??

Anyway....I'm off to make banana bread for the guys at hubby's work. Bananas overrippened and I really don't want to toss them out, so I make treats for the guys and they get fatter and I don't. lol

I love banana bread, but dont get it often.I dont post much,I have severe carpal tunnel both arms. So the typing really bothers.also have been sick,bad ulcer trying to get it better.Just had a unscheduled endoscopy and have to have it repeated on dec 9. I do read all the posts everyday,with my morning tea.I love surprises..I am not picky and will be more than happy with whatever Santa sends my way.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
[QUOTECheesehead;6362476]Yesterday my SS hint was that you live in a state that begins with a vowel. Today's SS hint is that you live in a state that also ends with a vowel.
Guess its not me.. My state ends in a constanant..N...phooey lol[/QUOTE]
COULD BE MY STATE----IDAHO
Old 10-22-2013, 04:46 PM

Neesie, I don't think you should worry about offending anyone with your emotions. It makes sense that you want to get to know your partner, but here is my take on things, for what it's worth.

I know that a lot of people are getting frustrated that there are so many of us out here who don't post much, if at all, and I'll try to give you my own personal thoughts on this. I know that for me, I am going way outside of my comfort box when I post, and I know there are others just like me. We read everything and enjoy the banter, but feel safer staying on the sidelines. That's not to say that anyone here is making us feel unsafe or unwelcome (people on this board are more than welcoming), but some of us are shy and reserved by nature and that is just the way it is. It might be hard to believe that anxiety can be a concern even sitting here anonymously behind a computer, but I can assure you, it can.

Another thought I have: sometimes by the time I have caught up on all the reading, the question that was asked several pages back has been answered by some people and the topic has moved on, and it feels like the question was answered so there is no need for me to post. Because we don't know who our SS is, we don't know which question to answer. Does that make sense? I think I've just confused myself!

I agree that it would be nice to know more about our partners and that it can be frustrating to not get much information, but I'd bet that everyone in this swap is excited about it and will appreciate whatever they receive. Maybe people can get someone else to PM your quiet partners to get more information?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Bilben, I under stand you perfectly. Just come over to my area and we can watch what is happening in the hole, I don't like to be in the lime light either I prefer to be behind the what is going on. I have some nice wine or pineapple/orange juice if you don't drink and decaf coffee. Does anyone have a sweet for us to munch on maybe banana bread?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Yesterday my SS hint was that you live in a state that begins with a vowel. Today's SS hint is that you live in a state that also ends with a vowel.
This could be me. Yep, sure can be. whoop whoop. Can't wait for another hint. lol
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
SS hint for the day...with the World Series almost upon us, my partners state doesn't have major league baseball.

Jan
Oh this has to be me. We don't have one. Yep getting excited now. Watch out Santa I might peak into my box of goodies. lol
Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 PM

Hint or two for my SS: You have a couple of fur babies. Oh and you don't like a certain sweet that most love.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
Neesie, I don't think you should worry about offending anyone with your emotions. It makes sense that you want to get to know your partner, but here is my take on things, for what it's worth.

I know that a lot of people are getting frustrated that there are so many of us out here who don't post much, if at all, and I'll try to give you my own personal thoughts on this. I know that for me, I am going way outside of my comfort box when I post, and I know there are others just like me. We read everything and enjoy the banter, but feel safer staying on the sidelines. That's not to say that anyone here is making us feel unsafe or unwelcome (people on this board are more than welcoming), but some of us are shy and reserved by nature and that is just the way it is. It might be hard to believe that anxiety can be a concern even sitting here anonymously behind a computer, but I can assure you, it can.

Another thought I have: sometimes by the time I have caught up on all the reading, the question that was asked several pages back has been answered by some people and the topic has moved on, and it feels like the question was answered so there is no need for me to post. Because we don't know who our SS is, we don't know which question to answer. Does that make sense? I think I've just confused myself!

I agree that it would be nice to know more about our partners and that it can be frustrating to not get much information, but I'd bet that everyone in this swap is excited about it and will appreciate whatever they receive. Maybe people can get someone else to PM your quiet partners to get more information?
I like it when you post, because I love looking at your avatar!