Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
okie dokie....what do I have to do to get in the hole.....I could bring teaor coffee.....got some real nice honey from a local farmer.....or what about maple syrup.....I do cook a mean crepe....ha ha ha or do I have to bring something stronger like a good red wine.....what about blueberry and banana bread....nice and warm from the oven....how bad do I have to be???? oh and I won`t forget the snow.....we might need it for the headache after...he he he....
To get into the hole, just close your eyes and jump in -- like when you were a kid and ran and jumped into the swimming pool!

A good red wine would be heavenly with that Dove dark chocolate. And some blueberry bread sounds good for a midnight snack.

And about that snow... there are some quilters we haven't seen in the hole lately... I'm thinking Dreamer and Knitette and some others. We could sneak out of the hole and raid their stashes and leave some snow as our calling card. Since they haven't been following along here, that would give them a little mystery to figure out!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
My last item for my SS arrived in the mail yesterday, so last night I packed it all....squeezes, shoved, re-arranged and finally was able to close the box.....now wheres the packageing tape? ....not enough left on the roll.I havent decided when to post yet,,,,will I wait till Nov 14th? or send it now. which would she prefer? What shall I do? Any suggestions?
If your mailing to me, you can send now. Ill just tuck it in my closet where my big birthday package is that my bestest friend sent to me a month ago. I cant open my birthday package till oct 28. Sure am glad its just a few more days. Im getting anxious because its BIG AND HEAVY.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
That's not cold I think we got to 45 today. Don't like coconut I'll stick with my wine up on the edge.
OOOOPSSSSSSIIEEE, So sorry Dedemac, I tripped over my own two feet and fell against you and made you fall into the hole...good thing I was able to save your glass of wine. As you were falling you threw it at me.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 PM

I just tracked my package and I see it is delivered so all I can do is wait now. ooooh it is going to be so hard to wait. Today I sorted thru some more of my stash. rewrapped most of it and had sent out 3 boxes of it and so I emptied one of my totes and put it in my cabinet. I think I need to buy another cabinet so that I can get all the rest out of the totes in my front room. I have several totes out in my construction trailer by the garage and I have lots of totes full upstairs yet. I am not able to get up there yet and my room is not built on yet. My daughter is checking into how much the shell would cost to get it put up by the guys who are doing her addition. I figure my husband can do the insulating himself and put up the paneling we have for it, but it needs some one who has a crew who can put that big window in without killing themselves. I need to save for the cement work too, that will cost about $500.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Loving all the hints...
here's one for mine... you had a high today of above 70 warm and sunny.
This could be me!!! Is it? Is it???
Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
And about that snow... there are some quilters we haven't seen in the hole lately... I'm thinking Dreamer and Knitette and some others. We could sneak out of the hole and raid their stashes and leave some snow as our calling card. Since they haven't been following along here, that would give them a little mystery to figure out!
Gerrout of my stash you sneaks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443056[/ATTACH]

I've been trying to catch up, but been sooo busy. I've spent a lot of time on my computer this week, but not so much on the board. I've been stalking ticket websites for ....................... Dolly Parton tickets! She's coming to my town next June. Managed to get 2, but trying to get another 2 for my sister .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	robber-320x240.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	443056  
Old 10-25-2013, 03:37 AM

Good morning Santas! I see we're trying to pass the snow around. You can keep it! We don't get a lot of it here, but when we do, no one knows how to drive! We get icy roads instead of snow covered. Got more accomplished on the box yesterday. Just about ready to wrap & ship. But where's it going??

Today's clue: Agriculture is big business in your area.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:03 AM

Knitette, how lucky are you to have scored tickets to see Dolly Parton! I bet she puts on quite a show. She's a show in herself! They just had a segment on tv about her, she admits to having plastic surgery, I think she said the first was to have her boobs bloom out - then she admitted she's added to them a couple of times. And she said she continues to have a little nip and tuck here and there when she feels she needs it and she will continue to do it. At least she is honest. She sure looks great for 67 I think they said. I bet she is tinier than she looks on television. Here's hoping you have an absolutely fabulous time and that you are able to get a couple of more tickets for your sister.

My package is just about ready to send out, just holding it in case I see something else I think will make my recipient happy!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

Mine is about ready too.

Oh you lucky duck, I would love to see Dolly!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 AM

Well the Secret Santa is living up to its usual reputation and lots of fun. I have not posted much as been traveling and without a computer. I have several weeks of posts to catch up on. I hope my SS feels like I gave enough information. I am really not picky and also enjoy each year how I get something I just love.

I just took a workshop with Christine Barnes on color and so now know I really need more lights and darks as almost all the fabric I brought to the workshop was medium. But learned that is ~90% of what manufacturers make because that is what we buy. I am going to try and catch up on the chatter this weekend. But that may be futile.

I'm glad my giftee did provide some more information, I can make something more personal and deletes something I that was on my list to get.