Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 AM

Insists? Insists??? Say WHAT????? That was SUPPOSE to be Indians!!! Have something called automatic word selection or something like that where you type the first couple of letters of your word and the Kindle picks a word it THINKS you want and I didn't catch it....sorry....
Old 10-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Tracibug, I am also one of those curiously absent partners and after reading a lot of the posts I feel a little guilty but I could never get up the nerve to jump into some of the hilarious banter. I didn't put too much information on my list of likes and dislikes because I am one of those impulse people. I can go to a quilt shop thinking I'm not going to get anything because I already have too many irons in the fire but more often than not I come out with an armload.

I spent the afternoon wrapping a bunch of boxes in the cutest snowman Christmas paper. The first box I picked up to pack everything in was too small so I had to resort to emptying a box in the basement that is just a little to large but it will have to work. So, tomorrow I will trudge to the post office to send my Secret Santa box to my partner who lives exactly 612.42 miles south of me, in a state that is much warmer than mine and in a state that is famous for animals and beautiful vegetation. Oh, a few more hints, I am Santa for someone who is bright but also claims to be a blue person.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
I have a river that goes through our state. Oh my oh my this could be me. Can't wait for another clue. This is so much fun!

Hint for my SS today: You have allergies.
Oooooh!!! I have allergies!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Tracibug, I am also one of those curiously absent partners and after reading a lot of the posts I feel a little guilty but I could never get up the nerve to jump into some of the hilarious banter. I didn't put too much information on my list of likes and dislikes because I am one of those impulse people. I can go to a quilt shop thinking I'm not going to get anything because I already have too many irons in the fire but more often than not I come out with an armload.

I spent the afternoon wrapping a bunch of boxes in the cutest snowman Christmas paper. The first box I picked up to pack everything in was too small so I had to resort to emptying a box in the basement that is just a little to large but it will have to work. So, tomorrow I will trudge to the post office to send my Secret Santa box to my partner who lives exactly 612.42 miles south of me, in a state that is much warmer than mine and in a state that is famous for animals and beautiful vegetation. Oh, a few more hints, I am Santa for someone who is bright but also claims to be a blue person.
Please don't ever hesitate to jump into the conversation. We can be trifle wacky, but we honestly won't bite. The more the merrier!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Well good morning fellow Santas! I know the suns not up yet, but I'm fixing to be slaving away in my studio shortly. Got some UFO's just waiting to be finished! Of course I've got to wrap all those presents in my SS box so I can get it in the mail too.

Today's hint: Do you like to play cowboys & Indians??
This hint is just a little scary. That makes me think of the old westerns, which always included someone being bitten by a snake. . . .
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Funky makeup sounds good, too! Let's make sure to have someone take a group photo, as we're gonna look fantastic!

I reckon the more committee members we have, the more loot . . . uh, I mean DONATIONS we'll gather. I'll first sort all of the 'donations' and group them, according to how much I want . . . uhhhh, I mean according to how much FABRIC there is, etc. I may need to remove a few pieces for 'testing' . . . just to make sure it's safe, you understand! After I've selected a good quantity of 'test' pieces, I'll pass the lot to you, so that you can remove any you think should be removed. Then we'll take what's left and divide it up, among all of the 'misunderstood' quilters.
Neesie, you scamp; I'm mortified at your scheming! Is there no honor among thieves? Or to put it another way, if you can't trust a fellow crook, who can you trust?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post

Someone who's bright but also claims to be a blue person? Can't be me, as I've never, ever claimed to be a smurf!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief Tracibug, I am also one of those curiously absent partners and after reading a lot of the posts I feel a little guilty but I could never get up the nerve to jump into some of the hilarious banter.

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Please don't ever hesitate to jump into the conversation. We can be trifle wacky, but we honestly won't bite. The more the merrier!
Amen, to that! We tease each other a lot but we also love to pull 'new' people into our silly group. Just jump in and we'll catch ya!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Neesie, you scamp; I'm mortified at your scheming! Is there no honor among thieves? Or to put it another way, if you can't trust a fellow crook, who can you trust?
No, no! You so obviously misunderstood me! I meant . . . that is . . . my intentions are GOOD! I just didn't want anyone to get . . . hurt! Yeah, that's it! I just wanted to make sure everything was safe! I just wanted to make sure there were no booby-traps!!!! I WAS PROTECTING YOU!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
HmmmmmHmmmm...Cheesehead.....
You.never told me if we shared the same birth month.....c'mon now...you can tell ME.
My birthmonth is August, and I am a Virgo.