Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 PM

It was going to be the bomb, we had it all lplanned for Dotty and Jean, but the weather and the health had different ideas, I had a big spell back in the hospital and the weather in NY and OK was hideous. So we are going to try again for the next summer. So glad you're back and now we can keep in touch.
All the best
Roberto

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter View Post
Hey Mr.Roberto, thanks for the kind words but also because of technology I am STILL just a click away. So glad to be back in the family and now have my own teeny room I can make some pretties in.
Looking forward to chatting more now that I have settled. Robert, didn't you have a get together planned this summer where some oft he quilting board family members traveled over your way???? How did that go????
Love ya always......and hugs to your sweetheart!!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM

This swap has given me a new very dear friend in Robert or Roberto Fabuloso - a name he truly deserves. We swapped more than the block we were obligated to and he sent me some of the most beautiful embroidery I have ever seen. Someday when my skills are good enough I will work them into something fabuloso! Robert has been under the weather the last few days - if you read his post above he has been in the hospital for a while. Please remember him and his wife and send blessings for his recovery.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:13 AM

thanks materialgrl I will be looking for the block and wow thanks its always fun to anticipate something in the mail! Its cold cold cold today. Light snow in theory and well it sure feels like it. Blustery wind to go with it makes it feel colder lucky me I am inside all day and this does not bother me at all. I am so ready for another swap. I made these candied pecans yesterday.. how to keep them out of site and not remember where they were put is a challenge.. I had four already. that is my daily limit of nuts.. but they are soo good. and crunchy and sweet and well. darn it. should have had one. then I could eat more throughout the day.. do you have this trouble saying just one more? I rarely eat sweets but I love pecans.. sigh.. will dream about tomorrow.. when I can have more. If my dh doesn't eat them all. he grabs handfuls.. booger!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 AM

Hi everybody!

I have been a member of Quilting Board for quite some time but have never participated in this swap. I must say that I have always wanted to participate, but time has not been on my side. However, I love the camaraderie and the warm fuzzies that I get when I read your posts, so I tend to hang out on this thread whenever I have a chance. Also, whenever I need a pick-me-up, it only takes a few minutes of this thread to bring me out of my slump. Thanks to all of you for being there!

Today I really need a pick-me-up. My precious father died two days ago and my emotions are all over the place. I am sitting here in his room and typing this on his computer while I take care of my mom, who is quite frail and weak and taking the loss of her husband of 55 years quite hard.

Anyway, I am comforting myself with the thoughts of making a memory quilt out of his plaid western shirts. I am brainstorming patterns and ideas, and one thing that I would really love is an embroidered block with his name on it. Unfortunately, my machine doesn't embroider, so I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to swap blocks with me on the side..... I would gladly make you any type of block (I am a pretty good intermediate quilter) that doesn't involve embroidery if you could make me an embroidered block for my father's memory quilt. Please let me know if you would be willing to swap with me.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 AM

Wholeheart Mom, so sorry about your Dad..Prayers coming your way. Please send me a PM. I might be able to help you with your block. I'm sure you'll get lots of response but I hollered first..lol Just tell me what you kinda have in mind.

Hugs,
Jean

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-29-2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: remove PII
Old 10-28-2013, 08:55 AM

I just received a wonderful surprise from my swap partner..abdconsultant! Not only did she send me a Red hat Lady block but included some nice little gifts in the packages...some red and purple fabric strips with the little red and purple hats on it ( I love this fabric!) and some pre-cut little hexies..which I have never tried! Now I am motivated to do a few of them anyway! I am also motivated to make another sewing machine block for Heather...It was an excuse to go shopping because I have no black with mini white prints...so, now I do! I think I will make this one with a purple sewing machine!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Hat Lady.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	443791  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 AM

The red hat block is simply too cute!

Wholeheart Mom, my deepest sympathy for the loss of your dad. I lost my dad many years ago but will always miss him. Blessings to your mom, my mother was never the same after she lost dad, they were the very best of friends, they shared a love and friendship that you don't see often. I hope time heals your heart and helps to comfort your mom.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

Whole heart mom, I am also very sorry to hear about your precious dad. I lost my precious mother last year, and the pain never goes away for me, but I am thankful for all the time I had with my mother. I try to go on and do what I think mom would want me to do. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM

So sorry for your loss, WM. Hope your project brings you comfort. This is a very caring group; privileged that you shared your heart with us. Hope you will join us and see how this group can help with your healing. Blessings to you.

S
Old 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM

So sorry for your loss, WholeheartMom.