Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-28-2013, 04:16 PM

Wholeheart Mom

So sorry for your loss, I think making a quilt with his shirts would be an excellent way to honor his memory.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:55 PM

whm I wish you peace in knowing your father is with you still.. close your eyes he will always be right there.. I lost mine at 18 and I think it never gets easier. It just becomes something we are forced to accept. I am sorry your all feeling the pain of loss. I do think it is so hard to lose a spouse.. we rely on them for so many little things just knowing they are there.. is comforting. Be patient with Mom she will surely feel it the hardest. I wish I did embroidery and would have offered but alas my machine does not do but simple stitches. I think also if you post in the wanted section here looking for someone.. you will find someone who will help you. YOu can try Elisabrats table runner swap (mine) and ask there are several who do embroidery.. and wont charge you ..
Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM

WM I am so sorry to hear of your dad. Making the quilt for him will help you and I speak from experience. If you can get your mom's interest in it she will benefit from it also. You are in my prayers, your mom too.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:02 AM

WholeHeart Mom . . .

. . . Sincere condolences to you and your family. . . GP
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom View Post

Anyway, I am comforting myself with the thoughts of making a memory quilt out of his plaid western shirts. I am brainstorming patterns and ideas, and one thing that I would really love is an embroidered block with his name on it. Unfortunately, my machine doesn't embroider, so I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to swap blocks with me on the side..... I would gladly make you any type of block (I am a pretty good intermediate quilter) that doesn't involve embroidery if you could make me an embroidered block for my father's memory quilt. Please let me know if you would be willing to swap with me.
Wholeheart Mom:

I can feel your pain and confusion as I lost my Dad about 3 months ago. He lived with us for over a year and was my sewing buddy.

If you'd like to send me a piece of one of his shirts and his name I'd be happy to embroider something for you. If you want to have his full name, birthdate, date he passed, wedding date, or whatever you wish, please send me a private message and we can discuss it.

I am so sorry for your loss ... they tell me it will get easier and I cling to his happy memories and laugh often at things I know he'd appreciate.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:08 AM

Good afternoon! I'm remiss in posting the block I received this month from my partner so here it is:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443923[/ATTACH]
It's a Depression Block from the Quilter's Cache website. Thanks very much for swapping with me Dotty!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004 - Copy.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	443923  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM

Default October

Here is my pretty October block from Janice. And the "Baby Girl" blocks collected so far. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	October BOM.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	443948   Click image for larger version

Name:	QB BOMs.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	443949  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 AM

Very sweet!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:34 PM

those are so very sweet! I love baby girls stuff.. I guess having had two boys I was over done with boy stuff.. then I had a baby girl and OMG it was so fun all that GIRLY stuff. That is going to be a very special little quilt Love it!!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:46 PM

OK, tomorrow is the 30th of the month, I will be posting the new partner list on Friday. IF you have not sent your blocks or received one AFTER you have sent your's to your partner, I need to know this now. I've had several ladies mention they've not heard from their partners, or they've had to send numerous messages before hearing back. PLEASE, keep up with the swap by making and sending your blocks on time. All blocks should be received by the end of the month. I do realize things happen, but it only takes a few minutes to let your partner know what's going on.

Thank you.
Jean