Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:08 AM

Have been in Montana for 2 days on doctors visits and consultations for this back of mine. Was exhausted when I got home last night, went to bed at 7 and didn't get up until almost 7 this morning. That's a record for me. Good news is no surgery right now. Have to take medication, enough to choke a horse, doc says no pushing, pulling, lifting or bending for the next 6-8 weeks. Gees, asked him if I could get dressed and he said very carefully. Told me to stay on chair or bed rest, okay sewing chair will work. Set up physical therapy this morning, 4 times a week for 6 weeks, great....can hardly wait. I go back to see him Dec. 10th and then he will evaluate more. Interviewed a cleaning lady today, don't know for sure on this one but will give her a try. Hopefully at least my house will be dusted and vacuumed and the bathrooms clean, if not I'll be a raging bull and going nuts. So far the medication is making me feel a little oozy and light headed and very tired. Hope it gets better as my system gets use to it. What ever it does, I just want it to do the job and get rid of this ache and pain, so praying his plan of attack will work. Thanks all of you for all your good thoughts, it is much appreciated. Thank heavens most of the sewing is done for the swaps and my SS package is on its way or should be there by now, just have a round robin to work on. I have this feeling it may be in small spurts of energy, we will see. Sounds like great fun in the "hole" but I'd never be able to get out! Sunrise I can bring Kahlua too, my favorite, try to have 1 every night. Yum!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:05 AM

Jada, sorry to hear you are down and out, rest sounds like the best remedy. I had to laugh though when I read your post, I thought my husband was the only one that got oozy. Where I'm from we get woozy, probably the same thing. Hope you are better soon.

I received a nice box marked QB Secret Santa from PA.......now how do I keep this until Dec? It's going to be like an itch you can't scratch!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 AM

Glad for the good news about no surgery for now. Hope the medication works!

No pushing, pulling, lifting or bending -- but can you still play the violin???
Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 AM

Although we have no snow, Santa's sleigh got through to my front door and left me with a package."
"NOT TO BE OPENED UNTIL CHAT DAY"....so will have hubby hide it until then!!!!!!

Santee's things all wrapped and ready for mailing and will be going to PO tomorrow......
Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Hi, just checking in, good morning to all. I am almost finished with my SS box, just have to make one more thing. I can't remember the dead line for sending. If I have time I will make something else to go with the thing I am making today. Do I sound confusing? Well, that's me........confusing. Sometines it is hard handling this getting old stuff. At least I am not alone! I really hope that my ssr likes what I have sent.
I will bring some Kualua (spelling?) and jump in that hole with you. Hmmm.... Kualua and coffee, sounds yummy!
Clue for my ssr, you can't get enough of traveling around. No sooner do you finish one trip there you are getting ready for another.
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! This clue used to fit me to a T! Til I became retarded (er retired). I used to drive a big rig & that's all I did was drive from one place to another, then another, then another......
Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Have been in Montana for 2 days on doctors visits and consultations for this back of mine. Was exhausted when I got home last night, went to bed at 7 and didn't get up until almost 7 this morning. That's a record for me. Good news is no surgery right now. Have to take medication, enough to choke a horse, doc says no pushing, pulling, lifting or bending for the next 6-8 weeks. Gees, asked him if I could get dressed and he said very carefully. Told me to stay on chair or bed rest, okay sewing chair will work. Set up physical therapy this morning, 4 times a week for 6 weeks, great....can hardly wait. I go back to see him Dec. 10th and then he will evaluate more. Interviewed a cleaning lady today, don't know for sure on this one but will give her a try. Hopefully at least my house will be dusted and vacuumed and the bathrooms clean, if not I'll be a raging bull and going nuts. So far the medication is making me feel a little oozy and light headed and very tired. Hope it gets better as my system gets use to it. What ever it does, I just want it to do the job and get rid of this ache and pain, so praying his plan of attack will work. Thanks all of you for all your good thoughts, it is much appreciated. Thank heavens most of the sewing is done for the swaps and my SS package is on its way or should be there by now, just have a round robin to work on. I have this feeling it may be in small spurts of energy, we will see. Sounds like great fun in the "hole" but I'd never be able to get out! Sunrise I can bring Kahlua too, my favorite, try to have 1 every night. Yum!
Pass that Kalua, Jaba! I'll help you out of the hole any time! Sure glad you don't have to have surgery right now, but I sure hope the meds work for you. Just take it easy & sit & sew. I'll even come join ya!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
Well at this time next week I'll be having complete knee replacement, so gonna get alot of tracing done for my hand embroidery. I'll be down for a while, can't drive for 6 weeks, so they say??? I most likely will..
I pray the surgery goes well and recovery is even faster than expected! {{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}
Old 10-30-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Just be careful not to overdo, when you do start feeling a bit better! {{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}
Old 10-30-2013, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Well, my SS-ee's gift is almost finished. I've been working on something, that's been giving me trouble. Was using something, that I've used many times before, but got a bit too 'serious' with it and learned that too much 'attention' will render it useless. I discovered this, just as I thought the item was finished. Had to start over, using an alternate method, which requires quite a bit more time, between steps. We're talking nearly a day instead of minutes (between steps), to do it properly. Murphy's Law, in action! I just hope my SS-ee likes it, when she gets it.
Oh Neesie, I'm sure your Santee will love it!

Now, oh dear oh dear oh dear -- my package arrived today! And it's beautifully wrapped in Christmas paper, so I didn't even have to look to see that it was from my wonderful Secret Santa. I had someone else hide it, so hopefully it won't torment me too much until opening day!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Oh Neesie, I'm sure your Santee will love it!

Now, oh dear oh dear oh dear -- my package arrived today! And it's beautifully wrapped in Christmas paper, so I didn't even have to look to see that it was from my wonderful Secret Santa. I had someone else hide it, so hopefully it won't torment me too much until opening day!
It went through the mail, wrapped in pretty paper? Cool!