Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:22 PM

I get a lot of stuff at Aldi's: black beans, canned tomatoes, low fat cream of mushroom soup, string cheese, Greek yogurt. I used to love their fresh salsa but they changed it and now it's just so-so. Their corn chips are exactly like Fritos at half the price. It's great for spices and baking goods. I won't mention how much I like their sandwich cookies and bbq chips. I love the crockpot I got there. I also picked up a baby swing this summer and last week a nice squishy kitchen rug. The prices are so much cheaper than my other store close by.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Power Poster

Well as well as I did last month, I am just the same as of right now. I started having some hormonal issues, and oh boy that has an effect on me. I did get a bit more exercise, and today I could tell it when I wasn't as winded when finishing. I had to use my inhaler, but I didn't have to stop like all the other times. I need to go back to the store too, because I am out of what I need to eat right. We don't live close to the major stores like many.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 AM

I haven't tried Aldi's yet, sounds like I should.

Thanks for the canning tips meanmom and irishrose. I may get the Ball canning book, meanmom, if you like it that much. I had the best green peppers out of the garden this year - crisp yet 'juicy' (?) and the flavor was very good. I didn't feed anything this year, just occasional water. I didn't grow green beans this year, but plan to next summer. Like I mentioned, I hope to can vegetables for the first time next year, this year I just froze some things. Which is fine, but I only have my one refrigerator in the kitchen and, of course, that doesn't hold much when you're talking about storing for the winter!

Meanmom, when I'm sore or stiff I take a warm epsom salts bath. I put way more epsom salts in the tub than is on the directions (hope that's not bad for me), get the water as warm as I can stand it, and soak for at least 20 mins, preferrably 30 mins. It does help me. I have an old small tub, so I end of a bit contorted in order to be soaking up to my neck (knees up in the air - LOL) but I'll do it to help myself feel better. Hope you're feeling better soon, too.

I had oatmeal for breakfast day before yesterday and plan on it again today. One small change, but better than nothing. My scale is still the same. I have yoga tonight, I know that will feel good. We've also been working on a lot of back strengthening poses which I really need.

Here's to making good choices today and drinking enough water (easy not to do that now that it's getting cooler).
Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Welcome Musicaljan. Glad you are deciding to do something about your eating. We have alot of fun here and share lots about our lives - and our joy of quilting, too. Next time you post, tell us something about yourself.
I'm a busy home schooling mom. I'm also a stress eater. 8/ When I'm doing well eating, I feel great! And I lose weight! I eat lots of salad and fresh veggies through the day, and a small helping of whatever I make for supper. No soda/lots of water. Little to no carbs. (they make me feel awful) I also recently joined our wellness center so I could get "real" exercise. (I go up and down our stairs many times a day, bike, walk etc at home - but no real "on purpose" exercise) That is what I do/how I eat when things are going good.

But my life is busy and sometimes eating good is hard/requires more time than I have. But I recently went down a size - WOOT! And that felt great - I don't want to gain back. And of course it would be great if I could eventually go down a few more sizes!

My daughter is a vegetarian and my boys have an issue with gluten. I also have some (really stupid) food allergies so I'm already used to cooking from scratch, watching labels, etc.

But I love to quilt and I love fabric - this might be the best weight loss incentive for me. =D

Happy Wednesday. =D
Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 PM

My sister called me today. She shops a lot! Sears has their summer Lands End clothing marked down to $5 here. I only had a few minutes to run in and shop. I got 2 pairs of capris and a shirt for $15. I had a dentist appt to get a crown and I needed to drop my car off for repairs. I had a busy afternoon. I have a Prius loaner car to drive. It seems like a nice car. Of course any car that is new seems nice.
I really need to get back to exercising. I have had very little since school started. I can sure tell the difference. I haven't gained but my clothes fit differently. We have Halloween parties at school tomorrow. Hopefully things won't get too crazy.
Healthy eating to all.
Pat
Old 10-30-2013, 05:25 PM

Just posted the new thread for November.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post6377841

Gayle your FQ's arrived.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM

Glad they got there

Today was my trip to the commissary. I bought lots and lots of fresh veggies, beans and mostly good stuff. Hopefully I will do good at eating right for the next month!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 AM

Don't forget to send me your weight loss. I may not be online much over the weekend. Mom is having her surgery this weekend. Will be at the hospital with her until Monday. I will do my best to announce the winner on Sunday if not will be on Monday.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Don't forget to send me your weight loss. I may not be online much over the weekend. Mom is having her surgery this weekend. Will be at the hospital with her until Monday. I will do my best to announce the winner on Sunday if not will be on Monday.
Praying for a successful surgery for your mom. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:49 PM

CindyR, hope everything goes smoothly with your mom's surgery.