Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 PM

Ladies,
I would like to apologize if I offended anyone for my post that I made in frustration a few nights ago. The post I made was not intended to upset anyone, I should of thought it through before posting but did not. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Thank you,
LaQuita
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 PM

Thanks so much, I appreciate your prayers and kindness.

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I pray the surgery goes well and recovery is even faster than expected! {{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}
Old 10-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Power Poster

Good morning Santas! Happy Halloween! Almost time to mail
I want to get one more thing yet and then.I'm ready to send. Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:47 AM

Terriamn - lucky you, Jimmy Buffet concerts are so much fun. I've gone to a couple at the big outdoor venue in the Novi/Detroit area and it is a riot, a lot of parrot heads set up sand lots, palm trees, you name it in the parking lot and of course margarettas (?) are free flowing. A lot of people with parrot head dresses or just birds pinned to them somewhere and of course, we have always worn Hawaiian shirts. It's always a huge party. Hope you have a blast.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Well, for those of you who are leaving hints, I just found out I don't have to worry about my Ss finishing out who I am, b/c she hasn't even posted on here once since she's joined this swap. . Kinda disappointing.

I have had a elf check in with her and Help me get some more info one b/c she didn't give much on the info sheets. I have done some research, did you know that u can click on a persons name, it will take u to their profile THEN, you can click on "find latest posts" and see the date, the category and the response they made? This is how I know (she is alive and well b/c she makes posts most days but on other forum here on QB, just not here .
Maybe she's just got lots of quilting to finish up on?
Maybe she's working hard on YOUR package?
Maybe she just joined for the goodies I'd send??

I used to be in the monthly SS swap, but got burned a few times, not getting a package (well I did have an angel a couple of times) . Then others I'd get we're flops. However I did get a few really over the top packages from some awesome SS. But more flops then great. It's been almost a year probably since I joined in on another swap. I decided to do this one b/c I did have fun with it last year, . But am thinking its not much fun this year. Can't joke around and tease my SS. Ill finish up her box and get it in the mail later this week.

Dragging my tail, or my lips which ever it is, I can't tell right now. So sad, Thanks for letting me share with you all. Have a good night.
Happy Quilting tomorrow or should I say....later on today.
Cheer up....there are a lot of others to read and giggle over to start you day...my SS hasn't being on the thread either..hopefully she will enjoy her package and the things I am sending out to her today.....and I do agree with you...there is a bit more pleasure when you can kid along with the other quilters, knowing that your Santee will be joining in the fun.

Happy Halloween, one and all........this is the least favorite of all my holidays but I do hope that those of you who like Halloween, enjoy all the ghosts and goblins who arrive on your doorstep....I did enjoy the kids coming to the front door but that's a thing of the past in most towns, isn't that a shame????
Old 10-31-2013, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by retired fire chief View Post

it is finally light here - 7:30 am. I am going to bundle up and go move horse manure since hubby is in oregon (normally his job). Maybe i'll do a little of that coconut vodka and pineapple juice when i come back in to warm up - it's very frosty here this morning. Vodka and pineapple juice - after all, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
amen !!!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
i`m from Canada....wink wink!!!hmmm but I only mailed it out two days ago.....could it be there already????
Well now you're just having fun with me! Did you really just mail two days ago -- or is that a clever ruse to throw me off the track?

I've seen this group in action (mailing from different locations, dropping impossible clues), and I don't put anything past anybody!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:40 AM

Well good morning ladies! I see we're getting some hurt feelings in the group & I agree with Terri that this is not the intentions of this swap. Some people just don't post, but do read them. Maybe they'll post a time or two here & there, but they just participate from a distance. It's a personal preference. I, personally, like the banter back & forth of all the silliness. It just makes it more fun for me. I have a lot of fun with this swap & hope everyone else does too. Some of us won't have much of a Christmas & this is the only bright spot in their Christmas season. Maybe they're all alone or family is spread hither & yon & can't get together for Christmas. I know it was the highlight of my Christmas last year, 'cuz a fellow quilter took the time to have fun assembling all the goodies just for me. Let's continue with the fun & silliness & put the hurtfulness aside. Now, I'll go sliding down into the hole & keep sewing on the last of the goodies for my Santaee.

Hint for the day: you get more snow than I do every year.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Ladies,
I have a favor to ask, if you have time, please log onto our daughters caringbridge page and read about her upcoming surgery and various health issues, then please add her to your prayer list.
This is free, and there are no ads or junk mail that you will receive.
Thank you
LaQuita
www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea
I will be adding Shea to my prayer list. Please give her a hug! and thanks for sharing her story.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 AM

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fall.jpg   FALL   FALL  FALL   FALL   FALL.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	444197