Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Ladies,
I have a favor to ask, if you have time, please log onto our daughters caringbridge page and read about her upcoming surgery and various health issues, then please add her to your prayer list.
This is free, and there are no ads or junk mail that you will receive.
Thank you
LaQuita
www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea
She'll be in my prayers! {{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}
Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 AM
Banned

dreamer where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you post in days.

Or are you so far down in the hole that you can't get up top to the
computer to post?

LOL

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 AM

Dreamer.....((((( Hugs ))))) !!!!! I know you posted that gorgeous fall picture just for me didn't you?????? LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a fabulous day!!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
UPDATE POSTED ON PAGE 1 IN RULES.

Ok ladies....
I know you are all having fun and all, but some of the teasing is getting out of hand. Feelings are starting to get hurt. You may think it as harmless teasing, but some are not taking it as that. Those that are mentioning that some joined just to get a package, I don't take that as teasing. That HAS TO STOP. I won't put up with that anymore. This is to be fun, not to hurt people's feelings.
I'm sorry if someone took offense at anything, anyone has written. Maybe it would help to understand just how very hurt some of us are, by the absence of our assigned people. We want to make them laugh and smile, then send them something wonderful, just for them. Instead, we keep asking questions, hoping they'll post. We try to let them know how sad we are, hoping one of them will read and think, "Oh! Maybe I'll post, today!" We tease, hoping to draw them into the thread, in case they are reading. Yet day after day, we read the thread, hoping against hope, to 'meet' our person . . . and yes, sometimes we type a bit more than we probably should. However, it isn't done to offend. It's done because we are hurting and like the song says, "the pain's gotta go somewhere." In short, I'm sorry if anyone took offense at anything that was posted . . . but please try to see the people behind the words.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
dreamer where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you post in days.

Or are you so far down in the hole that you can't get up top to the
computer to post?

LOL
Rumor has it that Dreamer passed out from drinking and now is trying to get over a hang over! Love and miss you Dreamer......coffee on the way!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Have been in Montana for 2 days on doctors visits and consultations for this back of mine. Was exhausted when I got home last night, went to bed at 7 and didn't get up until almost 7 this morning. That's a record for me. Good news is no surgery right now. Have to take medication, enough to choke a horse, doc says no pushing, pulling, lifting or bending for the next 6-8 weeks. Gees, asked him if I could get dressed and he said very carefully. Told me to stay on chair or bed rest, okay sewing chair will work. Set up physical therapy this morning, 4 times a week for 6 weeks, great....can hardly wait. I go back to see him Dec. 10th and then he will evaluate more. Interviewed a cleaning lady today, don't know for sure on this one but will give her a try. Hopefully at least my house will be dusted and vacuumed and the bathrooms clean, if not I'll be a raging bull and going nuts. So far the medication is making me feel a little oozy and light headed and very tired. Hope it gets better as my system gets use to it. What ever it does, I just want it to do the job and get rid of this ache and pain, so praying his plan of attack will work. Thanks all of you for all your good thoughts, it is much appreciated. Thank heavens most of the sewing is done for the swaps and my SS package is on its way or should be there by now, just have a round robin to work on. I have this feeling it may be in small spurts of energy, we will see. Sounds like great fun in the "hole" but I'd never be able to get out! Sunrise I can bring Kahlua too, my favorite, try to have 1 every night. Yum!
Jaba I hope everything works out for you and life gets better without surgery! Better ask the Dr. before drinking Kaulua in coffee. Sometimes that sort of drink doesn't do well with meds.
Wish I could do something to make you feel better.
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I'm sorry if someone took offense at anything, anyone has written. Maybe it would help to understand just how very hurt some of us are, by the absence of our assigned people. We want to make them laugh and smile, then send them something wonderful, just for them. Instead, we keep asking questions, hoping they'll post. We try to let them know how sad we are, hoping one of them will read and think, "Oh! Maybe I'll post, today!" We tease, hoping to draw them into the thread, in case they are reading. Yet day after day, we read the thread, hoping against hope, to 'meet' our person . . . and yes, sometimes we type a bit more than we probably should. However, it isn't done to offend. It's done because we are hurting and like the song says, "the pain's gotta go somewhere." In short, I'm sorry if anyone took offense at anything that was posted . . . but please try to see the people behind the words.
I assume that some of us are simply too busy to post often...also some have personal and physical tragedies and don't have the "heart" to post...also some are too shy to jump in the middle of what appears to be a "chummy" group and are hesitant to butt in...and some probably see our bemoaning about not having our Santa recipient post and are just being "rebellious"! LOL! Truth is...we can't force our wishes on others...kinda like our kids as they grow and leave home..."if they would just do what we tell them to do, all would be good, right?" LOL! Relax and have a cup of hot chocolate with me? (((( HUGS ))))
Old 10-31-2013, 08:07 AM

I picked up the last of my goodies today, gotta get them wraped and into the box, mailing soon.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 AM

Ya'll just have to realize....everyone takes teasing differently than others. What you may think is teasing, hurts the feelings of others.
Pot shots and that's what I'm calling them...of saying that the person isn't going to get a nice package or someone joined the swap because they want something for free, yada, yada, yada, just hurts.
I'm not going to put up with it anymore, I will delete posts and will discontinue Secret Santa next year if need be. Secret Santa will cease forever more. I don't think anyone wants that, but there are those that will go to Patrice and as you know, if Patrice deems it necessary, she can and will cancel this swap.
This is the most anticipated swap of the year. I enjoy doing it, not asking for anything in return. I enjoy the fun that everyone has, but when feelings start getting hurt, well.......I just won't tolerate it.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 AM

Hi all, Thought I was finished with my ssr but got too tired yesterday and there went my time to work on her ss box. I am so happy that the deadline for shipping is Nov.14. That givs me a couple more days to sew. I hope she isn't waiting breathlessly for the mail man. Then I think, if I wait too long then she will guess that it is me that is sending to her! Can't have that, no, can't have that!
Hint for the day...........I would be shocked if you got snow where you are at.
Phyllis
sunrise450