Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #50 !  October 2013  Sign up here! >

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Old 10-30-2013, 05:49 PM

Wow, Bertie D, that is a nice quilt! Too much work for me, though; I'll stick to doll quilts. Speaking of which, yours will be in the mail tomorrow morning. Loving all these candle quilts!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:32 AM

I think Dabbler doesn't post til weekends so maybe mine will show up soon! I sent my other one to omacookie so hopefully both will get posted soon. I had too much fun making them and can't wait to see mine too!

Happy Halloween everyone! I am carving pumpkin this afternoon. A werewolf.. if it works I will post a pic for you to show you how cool it turns out. if it doesn't I wont lol..
Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 AM

With me, what was beautiful and made sense at 3 in the morning isn't quite the same at a decent hour! LOL! But the idea is still there and with a little tweeking, works. Usually! Ha.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Bertie I do my best quilting in bed. I get these super grand ideas, and boy does it make me tired all that quilting that goes on inside my head. At least you remember what your design idea was the next day.. me its FLING right out the window! yikes!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:45 AM

Dear Berti, I am going to have a birthday. Please send me that quilt. ok its not til Sept but I am going to have one soon and since well I love it so much.. no ribbons required nothing. that is a stunning quilt. patience is correct man hours and hours into that one. Is it for you or a gift?

It is a gift but don't know yet if it will be received or not. Grandson has been on the outs with us -- I promised him a quilt for high school graduation and it's only been 11 years! I needed the time to practice my quilting, haha. We'll see if he accepts it. Who knows? Haven't spoken with him in well over a year or two (breaks my heart but what can one do? It's his choice). His parents were divorced when he was almost 5, came back into our lives when he was in early 20's, lived with us three different times free of charge. Helped him a lot. He gave us a great grandson with his GF who we're still friends with but he's moved on.

Actually this quilt was not hard to do. Looks much harder than it actually was. Five 4-patches in each of the two different blocks. 25 Jacob Ladder blocks and 36 Star Blocks. Sew it all together, ta dah!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM

Bilbain, I mailed your 'candle' quilt this morning! Hope the dog sleds are fast so you get it before Thanksgiving, haha. I took a picture in case you can't post a picture so just let me know. And no, it's not a mini Cathedral Stars, haha.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:56 AM
Banned

According to the email I got Debbie (mooretll) should have received
her dq yesterday.

Hope you like it Debbie.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:59 AM

Mine received hers Tues. so says Tracking no reply yet.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 AM

letsquilt sent me such a pretty quilt, going to try and get a picture and put it on the board.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by BertieD View Post
Bilbain, I mailed your 'candle' quilt this morning! Hope the dog sleds are fast so you get it before Thanksgiving, haha. I took a picture in case you can't post a picture so just let me know. And no, it's not a mini Cathedral Stars, haha.
A mini Cathedral Stars would be awesome, but I'm sure I will love whatever you sent We actually don't have any snow for the dog sleds to run on right now. This will be the first snowless halloween for my kids.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 AM

My partner Paperpieceme is back from Vacation so hers will go in the mail today since I left it at home this morning as I was getting ready for Halloween at work! I work for a packaging company so.... this just seemed to be the perfect thing for a costume...all the stuff we sell... stretch wrap, strapping, bubble wrap, tape.... even the plastic netting tubes on my head! Happy Halloween Y'all
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween fill.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	444223