Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2013-2014 Round Robin >

2013-2014 Round Robin

2013-2014 Round Robin

Old 10-28-2013, 06:42 AM

I would love to work on your bookcase quilt. Wouldn't want one myself but it would be your theme so that would work for me that is more like a row robin??? maybe?? I do love the colors from the theme say jewels or carmel? that would be easy for anyone to follow along.. still like the colors of the leaves idea.. ah heck I love all the ideas so surprise us come Jan. Jan is a good time to start something new.. a fresh start on quilting .. and it gives us time to finish a swap so that it could be quilted for Christmas. wouldn't it be nice to get something going like that? I love having finished gifts in time. And quilts take time.. you would be wonderful to do this for us, set it up and well I am so ready. I really love these round robins and blame it totally on dragonfly. she is the one. its her fault and I am sticking with that
Old 10-28-2013, 02:38 PM

OH NO Ms Brat...I am not taking the blame for starting this one - it goes to MamaHouser.

I love her idea of "interpreting" themes too- using caramel colored fabric in block to represent the statement "I love salted caramel"
Old 10-28-2013, 05:15 PM

Let me spend some time coming up with the special guidelines for this and then I'll get the request over to Patrice by Thanksgiving at the latest.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM

I worked on the butterfly batik's round today. I decided on a pattern and got one side DONE! so its just three sides to go then I can move it forward. I decided on things rather quickly. I am going lighter and purples and well oranges and pinks and well color its sounding like a hot mess isn't it/ trust me its not I had fun and love the fabrics.. this is a fun round all in all Phew!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:19 AM

Oh My gosh ladies you are really making those centers bloom. Can't wait to see more.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:30 AM

Alright. I'm tempted. Can you guys give me a ballpark on how much postage costs for the whole thing?

Now my brain is running wild with ideas..
Old 10-31-2013, 03:05 PM

FFQ - I spend about $30.00 each Round Robin I do. I ship using the flat rate envelopes so it may be cheaper if you ship at the parcel rate.
Anytime I have tried the parcel rate I get it wrong so flat rate is just easier for me and it comes with a tracking number and $50.00 of insurance.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:12 PM

I would guess about the same for shipping. I generally go flat rate because I can do the label at home (usps.com) and then I don't need to physically take the package anywhere - a med box is $11 or so and a large is maybe $15? Really, for me, the cost usually ends up being an issue of needing fabric. I've got a big stash but it doesn't always match up with what I'm envisioning so that usually means a trip to the store and who can go to the store and ONLY buy what you "need"?
Old 10-31-2013, 03:18 PM

LOL MH - I am right there with you. Love having an excuse to go the LQS.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:23 AM

I am right there now.. Jabas quilt I own at least five pinks and three purples and not one works! she was kind enough to share a bit of her fabrics with me for her round and I have the white but might go with another color in her fabric that is totally different.. a pale gray/blue that is found in the leaves in the background. WHICH MEANS.. that dreaded trip to the fabric store.. sigh.. awful job.. someone has to do it. GIVE ME THOSE KEYS.. I am heading on out!!!