Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP >

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

Old 11-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, did you try the dollar stores for kids dishes? maybe a little dinner plate from a set would work?If she sends you pictures I better see too.........LOL
Old 11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

tried all of them, the party goods dollar stores, michaels, thrift stores. I've been looking for a small silverplate dish for about a month. can't find them. I guess 'coz people don't use calling cards anymore.

just finished my December pc's. i'm working on January, have one done. feb, I gotta wait to see who I have. March is a pita, can't get what I need, so I have to wait a bit. might start april next week. or I might switch February all together. I like to get done ahead of time, but I kinda want to personalize it too, so,,,the big delima. May might be something simple, floral, mothers day ish. I don't know yet. I want to see what others have done for this month, and hope people like what I do and they get.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:58 PM

lynnie - I don't know how big your turkey is but did you look at any antique stores/flea markets? I see the prettiest small saucers all the time at those type of shops. It wouldn't be a platter shape but you may still find something. I wouldn't mind getting a 'naked' turkey. LOL.
Can you make one with aluminum foil or paint and cardboard? I know you guys are envisioning some cheap-o looking thing, but in my head it could work. Or at least the voices tell me it would...

mdall - can't wait to see what you do with the rings. I can think of one thing, but don't know if I am guessing correctly either.

I have mine finished and they will go postal on Monday. And for whomever asked to see pictures - I have a Swap photo album linked in my profile. I have posted pictures of sent and received pin cushions there if you are interested.

Last edited by Old_Rosebud; 11-02-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: fix spelling error.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Lynnie, just remember 25 -- that's the date I'll post signups, but for December will be late in the evening. But if I end going out of town, it will be on the 26th. And I don't know why you couldn't cover a cardboard oval with aluminum foil for a platter.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Finally finished. Took alot longer than I thought it would. Still not completely happy with the shoe. Somehow a bit of glue got on the bows on the front I it wont come off. Thinking of keeping it for myself or maybe seeing about a side swap with another person that maybe has an extra oops cushion. So, for those of you that have been wondering what the rings were for that is finished too. I ended up having to go to plan C with this one. I think it came out wonderful if I do say so.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444598[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]444597[/ATTACH]
Now, I know what some of you are thinking. Why is she posting a pic of what she made for the swap. Just remember I never said this was for the swap. Still have a couple of ideas in my ol noggin. Kinda wondering if there is some way of cutting those rings in half in order to make a smaller version of that one and I saw a pic today that I am dying to make. Oh the teasing continues. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03226.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	444597   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03229.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	444598  

Last edited by mdall; 11-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

a big OMG how stinkin' cute is that!!!!!
not at all what I was thinking..
rosebud. I packed them up and ready to go. here on long island our flea markets aren't like yours. ours, whats left of them (1 or 2) are small owned shops, that are indoors, so they are booths and sell NEW items, cloths, jewelry, purses ect. not those great ones you see on tv. wish we had those here. I did go to thrift stores and such, but no luck. I had envisioned them on a silver platter with lettuce leaves around them. I don't even know if the recipients will like them.
finished my December ones, came out great, or at least I think they did. i'll see Dotty (dotcomdtcm) next week and hopefully she can take photos for me and post them.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

oh... and thanks Judy for the reminder. i'll be there waving a pc of fabric to get in line for the sign up.
love that cute shoe.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
All names are now sent out, and hopefully all is well with the swap. Please let me know if you haven't received a name, if you received the incorrect number of partners, or if you have any problems. Good luck, and happy sewing.
I have my partner's name... Ideas are starting to percolate.

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I'm frustrated, I went all over looking for tiny platters to put my turkeys on. I'm sorry, I can't find anything, anywhere. soo, dear partners, you're getting a naked turkey. hope you like them.
Do you have a Hobby Lobby up there? The one in town here seems to have a bigger wood, paper mache and decor section than Michaels.

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Finally finished. Took alot longer than I thought it would. Still not completely happy with the shoe. Somehow a bit of glue got on the bows on the front I it wont come off. Thinking of keeping it for myself or maybe seeing about a side swap with another person that maybe has an extra oops cushion. So, for those of you that have been wondering what the rings were for that is finished too. I ended up having to go to plan C with this one. I think it came out wonderful if I do say so.
Those are both adorable! When you first posted the rings I was thinking along the lines of taking a drill with a small bit to them, then stringing them together with wires to make a geodesic dome. Each ring would have it's own poofy cushion. Heh, don't mind me, I just spent 4 hours with power tools and hardware customizing a tool cart for work.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM

That shoe is too cute. And your ring pumpkin is so different! Love them both. Can't wait to see what you some up with next month!

Sounds like a bunch of us (me included) are ready to mail on Monday. Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

Love the shoe and the cute pumpkin. Like most of the others I couldn't figure what kind of pincushion you were making with so many rings.See I wasn't paying enough attention as usual. lol.