Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Great runner Brat!
Jaba, I am thinking that seam ripper would be great...and that I would probably rip my skin and or the fabric, as the Lupus makes my hands clumsy at times...or maybe I am just clumsy!
Like, I am eagerly awaiting the runner...I will post a pic for all to see when it gets here!
Lastly, I have not only taken out part of the runner I am sending to Brat, I have now taken most of it out, including all of the quilting (it was completely finished...made it a year ago, was looking at it and decided I didn't like one little part....riiiight) now am putting a whole new background....what in the world is wrong with me?? Rhetorical question, no aloud or posted replies to it, please....lol
Kif
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Oh Kiffee! Actually that seam ripper is just like a surgeons knife. Takes a little practice but I sure wouldn't use the "regular" ones anymore. And your runner for Brat.............oops I won't say a word Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm positive!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:41 PM

kiffie your nuts. YOUR SENDING to me!! I love everything you goose. sigh.. ladies tell her? do I now love them all? and thank you everyone for saying nice things about my simple runner. It was such fun fabric reminded me of hot chocolates and cold weather.

I love that seam ripper thanks for the pic Jan! it is sharp but the only time I have injured myself was well when it fell out of my hands while I was at the machine and I instantly went to grab it. oops .. it impaled in the palm of my hand. now that was an unexpected accident. surely wont happen twice can tell you that. I have cut fabric twice with it by mistake but now after a few months of using it.. I would rather use it all the time than the old fashioned seam rippers. I have to start a seam sometimes with the old school ripper then I go straight to that one. Once you start ripping you can take out a whole row in half the time using a regular ripper would take. and if its a long row faster is good .. as well I hate taking out seams. why not do it in half the time??

I think I am about to hit overload on what did I sign up for AGAIN lol.. four monthly quilting blocks and two dollquits, plus my other projects. An apron on the table cut and partialy sewn. For Christmas. oh a secret pal with my not so secret pal.. due this month. partially done and well I am going to keep myself busy. crazy things but good for me too.. so if I sound looney some days ignore me.. or remind me it will pass again real soon lol (only to start all over right?)
Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
This seam ripper I use is by Havel. When it gets dull you just change the blade. [ATTACH=CONFIG]444896[/ATTACH]
I have & use this seam ripper, too. I love it!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 AM

Okay, I am now thinking I need to purchase one of those seam rippers...off I go to search for one...as usual, haven't been able to sleep, dh just left to his "day off work morning hunting trip", so I may as well surf the net and buy that ripper!
K
PS Brat, I was talking with dh the other day, can't recall the conversation, but know I told him, "See?? I told you I'm crazy!" To which he replied, "You don't have to convince me!". So it's a consensus...Kif is Krazy! But I already like your runner better with the new background fabric..it needed this fabric so the other fabric I want to use will look like I picture it with the metallic thread I also plan to use. Is this clear as mud??!! Tada!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 AM

everything is clear as mud at 4 a.m. Kiffie! you just sew your little fingers to the bone, redo projects.. see how relaxed I get when its someone elses project? I discovered last night I put a row on backwards in my row robin. simple right/ yeah I already passed it on for the next row to be attached. ARGH! so when I think I am done I am never done.. I found out when I posted the pic and stared at it and went ah HECK *ok that is not the word I really used.. and well now what to do, we will see. the owner is just fine with it but it is bugging me from over here and I hang my head ONCE again in shame.. ah nuts. well off to clinic I hope if you have a day off you can enjoy it and if you don't I hope that you find your day goes smoothly and quickly so you can get home and well SEW or relax or SEW ...
Old 11-05-2013, 01:10 PM

Such a fun runner Brat - I like that you can flip it over when you accidently drop jelly on it.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 PM

4 am seems to be midday for me.. has been for the last year or so. And I am getting sick of it! Ah well, it is what it is. I am thinking maybe I am just preparing for having a new grandson next month..told ds and ddil that they have the perfect person for the night time. Except my ability to "provide sustenance" the all natural way dried up 28 years ago..LOL!
Kif
Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 AM

some things are good things kif I don't miss that part at ALL! and now that things are about down to my knees well guess that wouldn't work too well even if things did work. age is marvelous.

I spent a good year as a night owl if not three or four. now I am finding its too hard on me. Can't tell you what made the switch in me but I had to do it. I couldn't work normally otherwise. my mind got real busy at midnite or two a.m. it would be find if I was productive then but I wasn't. just thinking, not doing something you know? unisom do those work for you? meditation? yikes I am tired for you girl just thinking on it.

Thanks for the nice comments on my runner I did love that fabric I have to finish binding on Nursebonnies and then I am done for this swap. So many swaps so little time lol.. I love the fun of making these things and then seeing the end results here. The group picture last time blew my mind. I think individually.. they are all so pretty then you put them together like TERESA did and well you see how creative and diverse we are. I think this is my absolutely favorite swap and you all make it so fun.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Okay, let me say first off...YOU ARE NOT GETTING THIS ONE 'BRAT! I knew that was a danger and wanted to get that out of the way. OKsewnsew did a fabulous job on my winter table runner...blue and white, snowflakes, oooh ahhh! It is on my glass dining room table in this pic.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]445249[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	oksewnsew.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	445249