Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-06-2013, 12:27 PM

WooHoo...glad you got it. I figured with you being in Florida, and probably don't see much SNOW, at least you cud have some on your table.lololo Thanks for being a terrific partner. I lucked out this time, between yours and KLGLS's runners, my tables are well dressed. Have a joyous season...

Hugs
Jean
Old 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM

Beautiful runner, Oksewnsew made for you Chasezzz!! Now you said Brat wasn't getting it...but I didn't see a disclaimer anywhere that Kif couldn't put in that I would happily take it off your hands!!!!
I actually received my own awesome runner...from Likethedog...and may I add this is her 1st swaperoo here...and from what I gather it is among the 1st things she has ever taught herself to quilt...so not only is it a great runner...but I am honored to be among the first peeps to get one of her originals....Just think, one day when she is famous, I can say I have one of her "early originals". She also sent a lil pincushion...in case I decide to sew while I am dining is what she put in the enclosed note...gotta love that sense of humor! Oh, and she also put in some newspapers that have articles of hers...not only is she a quilter, but she is a reporter, too. Here are some pics:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]445293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]445294[/ATTACH]
Love the colors! I took the pics in our den, on the floor, as I couldn't get good angles when I put it on my dining table.
Thanks so much, Starla!
Kif
PS Brat,
As far as my insomnia, I have tried so many things...the only thing I haven't tried is an rx for Sonata...I am honestly scared to take it. I have heard the stories of what some people do when they take meds like Ambien, Lunesta, etc...I don't want to be the gal in the news who was driving, sleep walking, etc. Disclaimer: I am not bad mouthing those meds, I just am worried to try it. My opinion only. My Dr informed me Sonata was different, but me being the pill phobe I am, well..just look at the bottle sitting there, and haven't worked up the nerve to try one. That's a hoot, too..a person with the health issues I have not wanting to take meds!! One of my fave doctors actually has nicknamed me "The Nibbler", as I do halve my pills when I know it is safe to do so, as long as they are not extended release, etc. So, I guess I will just be awake when I am awake...and looking like the walking dead the rest of the time...
K
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	445293   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	445294  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:36 PM

now that is a GOOD look if your a zombie you know now that the world is apparently overtaken by them just turn on the t.v. and the proof is right there! so your one heck of a dateable girl

I hate pills, this said from a woman who takes over 20 pills a day ... and you know there are a ton of side affects on just about every pill. You have a right to be wary and well if you don't mind being up all night.. its not a big thing at all is it? lol NIBBLER..

That is such a pretty runner likethedog made for you. And she is awfully good for a newbie. High five likethedog your doing great!

BUT CHASEZZZ (funny how your name comes up right after I read Kiffies not able to sleep story) I wont beg.. I wont.. that would be beneath me. But geeeee that might look awfully good over here next to the counter it matches so well with my... woe is me, its yours not mine, so sad I am hangning my lip on the floor its such a sad moment (is it working?).. woe is me.. SHEEESH your one tough nut to crack. I will keep trying trust me .
Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Oh so pretty! All the ones I've seen have been wonderful.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:44 AM

chasezzz I have an idea! I could borrow it for just a 'little bit' surely I would not forget to send it back! hey grand idea..

Morning fellow quilters! I just had a horrible thought! we are all doing so great soon these runners will all be done and well.. I will miss the crud out of you guys while you lounge about doing nothing this winter until after Christmas. This can't happen! You cant do that! its not acceptable what if you.. forget to come back for the next swap we run.. that one you know.. um.. Valentines or ...mystery colors.. say two colors that your partner suggests then you finish out the design based on those two colors and others you believe coordinate with it.. or we could do a three color runner or Valentines.. challenge yourself a bit... maybe just two colors only.. red/black, blue/white, things like that? already thinking ahead. My mind is two holidays ahead of the game.. lol.. to remember these grand thoughts I have you to remind me. and table mats are also a nice thing to make if your sick of runners, end tables that are used enough might be a grand spot for one .. put that coffee mug on.. hey I also was thinking placemats.. sets of 4, quilted placemats would that interest anyone? I would pare up only people who wanted to do that .. could be done..
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 AM

I like the mystery colors or two-color only ideas!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:44 AM

Brrrrr.... I get cold just looking at those beautiful runners in COOL BLUE Colors! love'em!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:58 AM

I think the two color idea for table runners would be great! (Added bonus, you can ask your partner for blue and white so you won't be so worried about ME having the gorgeous blue and white one from Oksewnsew!)

I like doing table runners but probably would balk at four placements...try to keep my swaps to a number that fits with schedule and other obligations, and doing four might be a bit overwhelming.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 AM

I love the 2 color idea..and I know I have brought this up before, but I like the idea of surprising your partner...yep, I do! I admit I have been known for my rigidness, my type A persona, my OCD...but really it only affects me...I don't carry it over to things I receive. And I am usually pretty scheduled, like things to go according to plan..well, that's how I WAS before dh and I got old and decrepit. Now we do good to plan our next upright moment with our geezer selves..Teehee! Gotta laugh.. So, the "new (old) improved (or not) Kif" is voting for 2 or 3 colors or whatever on that...but definitely would love one of these times for the runner/table mat/place mat(s)-singular used special for you Chasezzz-to be a surprise to the recipient.
Off to chase my own zzzs...yes Brat, I had laughed before at the irony of my insomnia talk in the same thread with Chasezzz.
Kif
Old 11-08-2013, 05:56 AM

Some people however are seriously into their décor and color choices however. And if you surprise them with a marvelous bronze and orange runner and well they hate orange and it doesn't match their couch we could have trouble in paradise though.. this is not me, as I put out things of all colors and patterns all the time and well its kinda fun .. I will ponder this. And yeah four placemats is a lot of work in theory but if you flipped them instead of binding them then its not that much work at all. just fabric and maybe its more shipping so ok nix that idea.

I am thinking of making a monthly seasonal block quilt quilt along... you know coming up with a simple block everyone can do but is holiday oriented or seasonal as in well not many grand holidays in June.. or August.. especially if your in the fq swap where we get these great fat quarters from each other that in my case tend to go into either these runners or wall hangings.. why not into a quilt.. and it forces you to use them each month too. But if its a quilt along each month you could use your stash scraps or purchase things to fit a little block of your own that would all eventually coordinate since well you bough them just a thought I am full of them after a cup of coffee MORNING QUILTERS!!!!!