Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Monkeys! They turned off the camera, grabbed the bananas, then turned it back on. Yep, sounds like monkeys to me.

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
We do have mice and rats, as this is the country - lots of wooded area around. I doubt a rat would be big enough to trigger the camera . . . but I just can't imagine a rat carrying off a whole banana (assuming he had two friends, to carry off the other two bananas). Dh suggested maybe the camera batteries are getting weak. Guess that's possible but it did catch a cat and later, a raccoon. Last night, I put out a blueberry bagel (in several pieces) and the same thing happened - no trace of what took it (did catch a cat or raccoon running past, though). I'm thinking I need to put out an entire big bunch of bananas (or maybe a huge watermelon?) and see how our phantom carries that off, without being seen!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
okaaaay......but i'm thinking i don't really want to know what's big enough to take the whole watermelon...and smart enough to avoid the camera!!!......has there ever been a Big Foot sighting in Texas???
I don't know about Big Foot but there's no telling what travels along the creek, at night!

Originally Posted by Craftycat View Post
Do you have possums? They love fruit,and are scavengers
Yep, we have opossums, as well as raccoons, skunks, coyotes, armadillos, snakes, mice, rats, deer . . . and who knows what else. Most of those things are big enough to trigger the camera, though. Reckon I should start checking the night sky, for UFOs?
Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Likethedog View Post
Monkeys! They turned off the camera, grabbed the bananas, then turned it back on. Yep, sounds like monkeys to me.
You may just be right!!!

I'm gonna wait several days or maybe even a week, before putting out anything else. I know the raccoons frequently visit the birdbath but don't want them to start expecting food. The bird feeders already attract critters.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
For those who don't know what a honey pot is, well, it's a pot. That you go to bathroom in. In the house. When you have an outhouse.
You then take it to the out house and empty it.
It's better than running outside at way below zero to use the toilet.

Now you know what a Honey pot is.
we called it a thunderbuster"
Old 11-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Yep, we have opossums, as well as raccoons, skunks, coyotes, armadillos, snakes, mice, rats, deer . . . and who knows what else. Most of those things are big enough to trigger the camera, though. Reckon I should start checking the night sky, for UFOs? [/QUOTE] Not to mention squirrels, hawks, vultures, bob cats, horny toads, spiny lizards, anoles, tarantulas, scorpions, Mediterranean geckos, toads, frogs.... --- Oh yeah...and then there's that comet that's going by us in a week or so....????
Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 PM

Nessie, are you sure it was not one of your friends on their supper brooms? How is your stash anything missing?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Yep, we have opossums, as well as raccoons, skunks, coyotes, armadillos, snakes, mice, rats, deer . . . and who knows what else. Most of those things are big enough to trigger the camera, though. Reckon I should start checking the night sky, for UFOs?
Not to mention squirrels, hawks, vultures, bob cats, horny toads, spiny lizards, anoles, tarantulas, scorpions, Mediterranean geckos, toads, frogs.... --- Oh yeah...and then there's that comet that's going by us in a week or so....????[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget the owls. We have one, who likes to hoot from the top of our chimney.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Nessie, are you sure it was not one of your friends on their supper brooms? How is your stash anything missing?
Hmmmmm. Hadn't thought to check my stash! This could be even worse, than I thought!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Had so much fun today putting my Secret Santa package together. Quite accidentally I wound up with a snowman theme. Once I realized what was happening, I had to run with it!!! Hope my Secret Santa pal likes what I'm sending. We're not anywhere near each other geographically ( I live outside Philly), but I'm sure we have something in common (haha)!! Will put mine in the mail tomorrow!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM

So... they're predicting snow tomorrow... all the way from Iowa to the Northeast I believe. Sounds like a great day for some QUILTING!!!! Anyone working on a Christmas gift? I'm working on batik placemats for my parents who live in Cleveland. My Mom was visiting last week and selected fabrics with me. I wanted to keep them simple so that I'd be sure to have them done in time. Thinking about appliqueing a poppy with a long stem on one side to match their dishes.... Looking forward to seeing a bit of white stuff tomorrow :-)[ATTACH=CONFIG]446454[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).JPG
Views:	135
Size:	531.8 KB
ID:	446454