Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Oct 31, 2013 >

I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Oct 31, 2013

I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Oct 31, 2013

Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Hello everyone! I posted this on the new swap post, so if you post on this one please don't post on the other and vice versa.

It has been suggested that we do a swap of snowmen, snowflake and Christmas charms. What does everybody think? I know some don't celebrate Christmas, so I could do a duel swap. If you send non-Christmas/winter fabrics, you get non-Christmas/winter back. If you send Christmas/winter, that's what you get back. I would only be able to it that way. I wouldn't be able to send snowmen/flakes, but not Christmas or vice versa. I would for sure get it all confused and someone's feeling would get hurt. If you would like this swap for this round, just let me know. I need a consensus in the next few days so everyone knows what's going on.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM

I will be too busy for a snow etc swap, but I was wondering if you wanted to do something similar regarding the November swap. I am sending mostly Halloween fabrics (nothing overboard - friendly cats and bats, scarecrows), and would hate for them to go to someone who would throw them out. Could you ask for a note from people indicating if they don't want Halloween fabric? If it's too much, never mind though.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 PM

I would just send regular charms to any one that sent regular ones and Christmas/Snow ones with the same. Does that make sense? If I tried to take special orders, I'm sure I would get it confused and I would never get it all straight.

Charlotte

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
I will be too busy for a snow etc swap, but I was wondering if you wanted to do something similar regarding the November swap. I am sending mostly Halloween fabrics (nothing overboard - friendly cats and bats, scarecrows), and would hate for them to go to someone who would throw them out. Could you ask for a note from people indicating if they don't want Halloween fabric? If it's too much, never mind though.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Anxiously waiting for my I Spy swap squares... any idea when we will receive them? I have a couple of quilts that are waiting on them... thank you Charlotte.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:45 AM

I am working on them this morning. I plan on having them in the mail by Friday. I planned on working on them yesterday, but I twisted my both my ankles on Sunday (my left is worse than the right) so I'm on crutches for 2 weeks. I didn't do anything but go to the Dr. yesterday. I will try to get them done before then. I will let everyone know as soon as they are in the mail. Thanks

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Anxiously waiting for my I Spy swap squares... any idea when we will receive them? I have a couple of quilts that are waiting on them... thank you Charlotte.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:00 AM

Oh my gosh Charlotte, I read that you had twisted you ankle; now I read that it was both......take care of yourself.

I also am anxious to receive mine BUT ....not at your expense so please take care!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your accident, Charlotte. Hope the swapping can be done sitting down! I'm a big believer in "icing": Packing your ankle(s) in ice several times a day. It can make a huge difference. And Ibuprophen works wonders on inflamation, if you can tolerate it. (Always take with food.)
Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 AM

I got a good start on the swap. Hope to finish it up today, but over did it yesterday. I will get it in the mail at least by Friday hopefully by tomorrow. I hope everybody is happy with their fabric.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:57 AM

SheriR - Just to let you know your package and Mrssherbert's came in yesterday's mail while I was working on it so I included them.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 AM

I have posted on the new swap post about the next swap. I have decided to do a regular I Spy swap as usual, but we are also having a side swap for the Christmas/snow swap. Anybody that wants can join either one or both swaps. The I Spy swap is as usual. The Christmas/snow swap is up to 6 sets of 10 different Christmas/snow fabrics per set. These will be swapped baggie for baggie so please don't put any duplicates in the same baggie. All 6 sets can be the same though. Hope everybody signs up soon.