Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-12-2013, 11:08 AM

Here's another of Elisabrat's beautiful creations -- this is from a wall hanging swap, but I thought you all would like to see it. My No. 1 cat, Tanner, likes it too. [ATTACH=CONFIG]446494[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wallTanner.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	446494  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 AM

Great wall hanging, and as always Waldo looks smashing, I say!
Kif
Old 11-13-2013, 07:23 AM

OH GOD don't show that picture! I hate that block. I hated it due to that stupid y seam in the middle. Didn't see it coming til it was put the thing together. It was so hard and lots of picking seams out and putting it in pluck it out put it in.. I was ready to burn that thing. But I loved the paisley fabric lol.. It was a piece of designer fabric given to me that I had saved for a long time because I loved it for some reason so .. it was saved from the fire. I rarely hate something but truly no more Y seams for me for a long while. Frustration central. I think if any of you want to come over and show me how to make it so simple I am all ears.

ok vented yeah Waldo is so very dapper. I am ready to put Christmas on him. OH OH BIG NEWS for the brat! My son is coming next week for four days. I am so happy its not funny. Now I worry how to entertain him. He is 24 high energy and wants to go go go. Reminds me of his mother in younger days. He gets so bored easily wish it was Sept when he could have still gone river rafting and such. He is going to be a challenge. Sigh. Love the boy though he is one I am so proud of. He opened his own limo company 1 yr ago and this is his second year and he is going terrifically well. He surprised me, was a party boy in high school, who needs school type.. got his ged, got in trouble with the law.. then one day started doing stocks and next thing I know he is buying limo's and well running his own company, dressing in suits.. who would have thought? and he is only 24. Big goals that one. Only thing is no sewing for me for four days.. withdrawal!!! and he wants a big thanksgiving dinner.. secretly this is ok with me because I never make one.. Steve wont eat but the taters he hates the rest of the stuff.. all the good things like stuffing and sweet potatos and oh the good stuff! lol Boy will I get fat while Alex is here. He loves home cooking and is not picky at all!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:32 PM

Likethedog, I think the wall hanging from Brat is fabulous and Brat, it looks great and I can see nothing worng with it. Just wanted you to think better of yourself. I think you did a great job and the paisley fabric is great, too like you said!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:26 PM

I agree with SandyinZ4!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 AM

Well, Brat..now who tells me that my work is fine, don't fret so??!! Um, yep, it's Brat that tells me that! So, take your own advice (good advice, too...tho I do say we are all our own worst critics) Anywhos, take your advice, and trust me when I say that lil quilt looks great! I didn't see a thing wrong with it, still don't, as matter of fact! On Y seams, I have no great advice, as the only way I seem to make them look OK is to inset them by hand. Then again I did only hand quilting until 3 yrs or so ago when I happened upon my great lil lqs, and the gals there helped me see how great machine quilting can be, too (except for Y seams..lol).
Enjoy your visit with your son!!! And eating all the Thanksgiving food with all the trimmings!
K
Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM

Received my runner from my partner, skaduzy today. This is what I call a "good mail" day!

She also sent some cute snowmen fabric (I collect snowmen) and a beautiful snowflake ornament for my tree!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]446829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]446830[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4906.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	446829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4907.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	446830  
Old 11-14-2013, 11:20 AM

Now isn't that just the cutest? You've really gotten some nice runners in this and Fall swap.. Great bunch of stitchers. I received a couple great ones too.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:30 AM

Yes, I sure have! Guess it's a good thing I let you talk me in to joining. ;-)
Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 AM

I need my swap partners address. I PMd her but haven't received a reply yet. Thanks!
Laurel