Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 PM

I sent my package this afternoon. My partner doesn't post on the boards, but I'm hoping with this she'll make an exception. Please please post photos when you receive because I forgot! In case she follows along, your zip adds up to 22 and your town seems to be surrounded by lots and lots of green space - state parks, nature areas, and preserves.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM

I had made a label for my SS's package using his/her address as the return address and my postmistress pointed out that if, for some reason, the package was undeliverable, there would be no way to return it.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 PM

Guess what I got!! Yay I got my SS package today. Now I have to be good and have patience. Thank YOU! Thank you! I hope I can be in the chat room with you all. Last year I missed it. Didn't know were to go. Can someone till us how it works.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 PM

Blondslave.... how do you bottle Whine? I thought it was just hot air...
Old 11-14-2013, 02:30 AM

Ah...whine is what happens once the wine bottle is empty...
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 AM

I sent out my SS on the 13th, headed east.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
Oh dear me-what day is it? I had no idea so much time had passed. I set out to do a good deed but it took so much longer than I anticipated and well...here's what happened. I have no idea that I'd be MIA for this long and no hope of ever catching up but this is where I've been. It seemed to me that knowing myself pretty well I figured that I would end up in the hole eventually. Being a newbie I felt it would be nice to bring a little hostess gift to contribute. As many members in the hole have posted, there seems to be daily consumption of beverages. I thought it would be nice to bring some whine to the pawty. Off I went in my little red Jeep to buy the whine(yes I know it's spelled wrong-just go with it). I went to my local Bottle King and filled my cart with bottle after bottle of both red and white whines. Two cases in all. I loaded them in the Jeep and off I went. Problem. Where exactly is the hole? So I looked up where Terri lived and then had to google the address. Then I had to plug the info into "Doris" my GPS so we could find it. I actually got within 15 miles of the hole when I ran out of gas on a deserted road with no houses, gas stations, traffic etc. Why didn't I call AAA? Unfortunately my smart phone did not have a smart owner-forgot to charge it...sigh. Refusing to be beaten I grabbed the cases of whine and decided to walk the rest of the way. Thank goodness Doris has a walking program. Anyway, do you have any idea how heavy 2 cases of whine are? I realized right away that I would only be able to carry one case. So I unpacked all of the whine and repacked one box with what I thought the best bottles would be. Oh, I was a little thirsty so I opened up one of the bottles of white whine to drink along the way. Boy, I did good for about the 1st 2 miles and then I started to get tired. I decided to take a rest and propped myself up against a tree. I didn't mean to fall asleep...When I woke up the next morning my arms and shoulders were sore. I decided to lighten the load a bit by opening another bottle of whine. Surely I'll find civilization somewhere around here. Okay Doris do your stuff-what attractions are around here? Heavens-13 more miles to go. Ooh-Doris you're my hero-there's a truck stop 2 miles from here. I keep moving and after a short rest finally spy the truck stop. Boy am I hungry. I walk in to the diner and sit my box on the counter realizing that in my excitement to get to the hole I had left my purse in the car and had no money, no cellphone just Doris and now 11 bottles of whine. I explained the problem to the owner of the diner and she said that she would trade breakfast for 3 bottles of whine. The waitress brought me the best bacon and eggs I've ever eaten. I was so pleased I tipped the waitress 2 bottles of whine. As I got ready to go a woman truck driver asked where I was headed. She said she could take me all but the last mile or so on her way to her next delivery. I was so elated I offered her 3 bottles of whine in return for not having to walk the whole way. Whew! I waved as she dropped me off with Doris and my 3 bottles of whine I had left. Okay Doris, looks like I'm only a little bit over a mile from the hole. In my excitement I tripped over a tree root, stumbled and dropped the box. Shoot-I broke 2 bottles. Down to one bottle I forged ahead but then I got a little thirsty. I looked long and hard at that last bottle before I screwed the cap off. I'll just have a little sip. Glug, glug. glug. Goodness which whine is this-it's so goooood! Now no more-that's it. I was coming up on my destination and could see the edge of the hole. I lay on my stomach with my head hanging over the edge and call out to let everyone know I finally arrived. An arm reaches up to accept my gift. The sun glints off the bottle and to my dismay I realize there's about an inch of whine left in the bottle. I did say I was a little thirsty. As I tumble into the hole head first I think to myself-at least I have another case of whine in the car. Maybe someone would be kind enough to take me back to the car and we can get the other box of whine. Gosh I hope Doris remembers where I left the car... That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Just loved reading this one...just amazing imaginations!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:56 AM

Blondeslaves story really cheered me up. I was feeling a bit down as I was thinking maybe my Santee recipient wont post on opening day. I've been right back to the beginning and she has never posted, not even when she received the parcel. Oh well, on a brighter note does anyone live in Austen Texas? I have a nephew over there for the F1 schools world championships. He has overcome his Autism and is an amazing Teenager and was in the winning team and I'm just bursting with pride...just had to share.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
DONE & DONE!! She'll be sorry that she has picked on all of us. won't she?
OK gang, I'm not the only one being naughty! Isn't that the reason for the naughty hole?? With all the whine that's just down the road, guess I'll just have to jump on my super duper deluxe & go get it! Maybe I'll share...maybe I won't!

Oh! mailed my package to my Santaee yesterday. But, they'll have to wait probably an extra day or two as it's going to take the scenic route to you.

Hint for the day: you have furbabies.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:26 AM

Good morning all. I'm one of the stinkers that read and don't post so I thought I would break my spell. I think I am under the SS spell, I am in the Christmas spirit and it isn't even Thanksgiving. And I don't have enough time to do all the stuff I want to do. I am preparing for the annual cookie swap with my neighbors/best buddies. I'm making thread catchers for everyone and am going to fill them with peppermints and chocolates. And I've got to get started on making a couple of stocking for some dear friends I have made here, the stockings are decorative, I hang one on my bedroom door and one on the pantry door each year. And thanks to the Command removable hooks I am anxious to put garland on my antique mantel so my fairies can nest in Christmas greens!

I hate going to my closet, there is a little priority mail box in there and every time I see it my hands start sweating and itching. It's all I can do to NOT tear it open!!! When do we get to open them again? I can't wait to thank my SS!!