Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 AM

one tea pot I am asking you to wait to hear from her, she needs to give it to you so your sure that she is sending to you to ok? I don't want anyone to send and not receive.. so be patient a tiny bit ok then you can ask me again

today is a good day I think. Sunshine not really warm out but sunny! and its a sewing day going to work on a round robin scared pantless ! its JABAS! yikes.. messed up the last one going to try hard to do it right this time on this one so its a one time adventure
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM

Default I got it!

I got a beautiful tablerunner from AliciaH, my swap partner. She used piecing and embroidery. It is perfect to use for the holidays. My husband likes it, too, and that is saying something. He thought it was really pretty. She also sent me a Christmas hat ornament that will have a special place on our tree.

Thank you Alicia, I love it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3148.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	822.5 KB
ID:	447102  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:00 PM

Still haven't made it to the post office with mine. Been carrying it around with me in the truck but can't seem to get it together and actually stop at the post office when I'm in town. Hopefully this Monday will be less crazy (and not a holiday).
Old 11-15-2013, 11:40 PM

Awesome runners, snowmen fabric, and ornaments!
I have Brat's "new old" table runner almost re-quilted. I hope to send it out Tuesday...gotta beat that deadline! Especially since some goofball decided the runner that was finished prior to the swap wasn't good enough, and changing one wee lil thing led to another, and another, and...
Kif
Old 11-16-2013, 05:04 AM

sorry Kiffie I like making you work so hard..mush! mush! mush! can't wait to see it

Skaduzy you are a lucky duck and heck that doesn't match your livingroom at all! but it matches mine.. need my mail to?

I think there are literally only 8 runners left to mail so this is terrific news. I hope you guys have STARTED your runners. ie like pulled out the fabric took a cutting tool to it and maybe even, hope amongst hope.. started stitching. PLEASE!

I am enjoying a marvelous broccoli and cheese quiche I whipped up this morning. omg its warm and good and a nice start to a good day I believe. Hope you all are going to have a great day too!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 AM

Mine is ready to mail just waiting for her to PM me her address. So dabbler312, PM me!
Laurel/ oneteapot
Old 11-16-2013, 04:19 PM

Okay Brat, Spill it! I want to know how you are always in a good mood! ALWAYS!! Especially with the health issues you face, how do you do it? I know I joke a lot (Nah, really??) But I am not joking about this..I have never heard you in a bad mood, never. You are always upbeat, and raring to go! My get up and go got up and went...As I have said before, I really admire your pluck, strength, optimism, whatever you want to call it! Don't worry, Kif isn't going "Hallmark commercial" on you. But as the older woman said in the movie When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what she's having.".
Kif
Old 11-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

wow, love those snowmen. cute jackaloupe
Old 11-17-2013, 06:23 AM

my secret? hah Jaba hears me p and moan all the time.. I just keep it close I guess. I try to find something good in every single day. I think being a 'short timer' one learns to take what is in front of you and smile. Today I woke up truly feeling blessed. The sun was just coming up.. and the sky turned these terrific colors. Life is so loaded with Technicolor images.. salmon and gold and dark gray surrounding those clouds.. and this amazing light blue behind them.. wowsa. Snow is on the lawn, more a dusting than real snow but its so pretty white against the dark green and well how can one not have a great day? I wonder .. like when you see those paintings and the sky is such crazy purples and reds and I used to think.. so unrealistic but yet we have all seen those at one time or another right? so it is a tiny moment in time.. love that. thank you for saying such a nice thing about me Kif. Wish it was true

I am sewing all day today. Its a home day YIPPEEE I don't even have to go out in that cold just can smile at it from inside. This is good news! I went to the fabric store, yikes I know who likes that?? and I picked up another color fabric for the round robin I am doing .. I got some the other day but its too. vivid. tried to go half a shade lighter but truly they don't carry that. sigh.. so I went lighter but it appears not much. now what to do right? I think use it and pray lol that its not too much color.. maybe repositioning the color in my blocks? praying I get it right. lol.. its for JABA yikes! (she hates when I do that) but she is one tough cookie for me to work for. Her work is great and now.. a bit of brat in her quilt sigh...
Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 AM

Nothing heals the body, mind, and soul like laughter can!