Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP >

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 PM

I had intended to be a little more involved and chatty this time around, but it is apparently a bad time of the year for vehicles. Like Junebillie, I have had issues with my car. Between that and trying to get a PhD's worth of knowledge under my belt before our engineer leaves next week, the PC I should have done a week ago, is only now getting finished. It will be in the mail on Monday.

On the other hand, I also got a couple of cool PC's from StephT yesterday. Would have posted then, but face planted and tried to sleep shortly after getting home. They are wonderful and am looking forward to putting them into use. Thank you so much StephT!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

Thanks lynnie. It was fun playing around with it.

Argentium that is a very pretty pincushion, and little pincushion. We both got very pretty ones. I talked to my son tonight, and he has his car in a shop due to a run in with a deer. Did lots of damage to his car.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:23 AM

Argentium - pretty pretty pincushions!
We have had a spate of car troubles this month. junebillie - hope your son is OK. The Fish and Wildlife department re-introduced elk to KY several years ago. They are MUCH larger than deer and make me nervous when I drive after dark.

My DD joined the 4H sewing club this fall and was telling the instructor about the PC swaps in which I participate. So I told the instructor about the QB and how this was my 'quilt club'. She was very interested! I am hoping she will check us out and join in. She also told me the extension office has a sewing club that meets the first Saturday of each month. WooHoo - I may have found a real-life sewing group! I plan on checking it out in December.

Thanks, lynnie (RE: Avatar pic). That's my latest finish - Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars. I plan on gifting it to my 90-year young MeMaw (grandma) for Christmas. She is the lady that taught me how to sew, quilt, crochet, can vegetables, etc. Her quilts were all utilitarian from scraps of clothing and were tied. So she thinks my quilts are 'fancy'.

Shoot - better end my journal entry. Rambled long enough!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM

JuneBillie, that is a great cushion!!! I'd keep it for myself, too.

Argentium, oooo lucky lady, those cushions are great. Love the Enter Pin -- funny and clever.

So, the last two cushions, I have been informed, will mail within the next few days. Hang on, girls, they are coming!

This has been a great swap, thanks to all for participating. Hope to see you all again on the 25th when the new sign ups start. I know of someone who is champing at the bit waiting waiting waiting .... not so patiently, but that's ok!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

is it me by any chance??? got my padded envelopes yesterday. will be packing up tomorrow for dec. Hannukka is early this yr, and i'm almost done shopping. Maybe today i'll be. Have to put up the tree next week, and I don't want to misplace the next months pc.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

We knew it was you lynnie. Just kidding. I think I am going to start working being more like lynnie. I don't know if I will be in on the Christmas one or not, but If I am, I will probably just go traditional. (or not)!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

see, if you only have a few min, you can start one. i'm now working on spring/easter. thinking bunnies, baskets, flowers, eggs ect. not sure yet, still surfing the web. maybe i'll do traditional with a twist. any suggestions???
Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 AM

Default bunnier?

Lynnie, you are nuts! I think you could make a nice basket, weaving strips around a paper cup. There are a lot of egg cup patterns for chicks & bunnies. But you are rushing the season!! Here's my new turkey, He used to be a magnet!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 turkey pincushion.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	447566  
Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

very cute Dotty
Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Jamimclaugh, I got your pincushion and goodies sent out to you today. I also sent you, and our great host the tracking number. Enjoy!!!

Nice turkey up above!!!!