Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 11-16-2013, 06:05 PM

Got my little quilt ready to baste and quilt - just need to free up some pins to baste so will have to get a couple of the other quilts ready to go under the machine tomorrow.

Love the fireplace jaba, the larger rocks and the new hearth make it look so much more inviting to sit around.

Wow, I love American homes, they are so big and spacious. But not sure I would like anything bigger than my suburban Aussie home as I can't find the energy to clean this one - my time is better spent quilting LOL
Old 11-17-2013, 06:15 AM

Fireplace looks SO MUCH NICER JAN! and she has a dance hall of a livingroom so a bigger fireplace works wonderfully. Lynnie my dream home is a one bedroom cabin or cottage. One and a half baths and that is it. I do not like cleaning much but like clean. So monsterously large homes? FORGET IT. also.. grin in a smaller home none of the kids I love so dearly can move back home.. ok mean but true. I love them.. in their own homes! I did my share of cleaning up after the little pumpkins.

I still have my packages to send. Mary! send me a mail to please!!! argh pirates before I forget to send them at all!
I am thinking wouldn't one swap here be cool if it was a batik wall hanging.. you had to use only batiks... could be a nice and colorful swap just saying...
Old 11-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Thanks all, I like it better too, it's so much more inviting. The look of bigger fits the living room better too.
Batiks sound wonderful Brat! like that idea
Old 11-17-2013, 08:01 AM

jaba I love your new fireplace - the mantel looks beautiful. We have a small rambler with only one bathroom that we remodeled five years ago - took everything down to the studs and added a shower to the tub, put in pedestal sink and new toilet - we installed ceramic tiles on the floor and walls; we did the work ourselves and it was a blast - I'm very lucky that Brian and I work so well together on 'my projects'; sometimes it takes me a while to talk him around but eventually he catches up - he is not comfortable with change.

Love batiks - next to the 30's they're my favorites.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:47 AM

It looks really nice with the runner you made for me on top of it. The chocolate and turquoise is a perfect match to my living room. Thanks again for making it for me, love it!! My hubby is just the opposite, seems like we remodel something or build it all the time. I'm running out of rooms, keep telling him to add onto the house and make me a BIG sewing room upstairs.....haven't quite convinced him of that one yet. heehee...
Old 11-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Your fireplace is gorgeous Jaba! So much more grandiose than mine, but somewhat similar. Ours was red brick that the previous owners had painted white. It was so ugly. We had ours refaced about 8-10yrs ago.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447399[/ATTACH]

Looks so little and puny next to yours lucky girl
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mail Attachment.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	447399  

Last edited by tlambing; 11-17-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 PM

Sapphire_Rae, I'm sure I'll like it! You're ahead of me, although I now have 1. my plan, and 2. several pieces cut. Onward!

Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae View Post
Worked on my little quilt for likethedog today. It's fluffy, not stuffy, hehe. Not traditional holiday colors, but festive none the less. Hope she likes it. Plan to bind tomorrow and get it off next week. Feels good to make progress.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM

The top is done, tonight is the night to baste and quilt. Then do the handsewing while watching tv this week.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:11 PM

another great fireplace!
Brat, you can call me Mary if you like...and send that lil quilt right on to me!
Kif, er I mean Mary
Old 11-18-2013, 05:14 AM

I received my quilt from JuanitaBean and is it so fun!! I love the snowmen and all the wonderful goodies she sent too! Her FMQ looks perfect. Thanks Juanita - I LOVE it!! I moved this weekend - so I haven't had the chance to oohh and ahhh as much as I wanted to - but it definitely is going to be a fun addition to my Christmas decorations!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447488[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447489[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_web.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	447488   Click image for larger version

Name:	WholePackage.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	447489