Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2013-2014 Round Robin >

2013-2014 Round Robin

2013-2014 Round Robin

Old 11-17-2013, 05:15 PM

This is one of the projects that was on hold. I got all but the borders done this weekend and will be quilting onto a fleece back. It is a request from my cousin who's friend has a teenage daughter with a liver disease.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]447451[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	McKayla.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	447450   Click image for larger version

Name:	McKayla label.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	447451  
Old 11-18-2013, 05:39 AM

She's going to love this! Nice of you to make one for her.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM

*meekly raises hand* I would volunteer as a third if you all would like. If you'd like someone more on the same talent level as you guys, that would be fine too. I would NOT want to be the one to drag your quilts down with my round. I'd still be over here cheering you on and trying to figure out the best way to bribe the postman into rerouting the quilts for me to keep!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 PM

ah watching your post man now french-fry! you sneaky swapper! if we run one surely you could be offered a position. then you could decide to jump or RUN!

I have so many I need to get to also but they are fun .. and I love fun. I am considering hear me out, doing a medallion round robin type quilt on the block of the month forum. where everyone will follow the bi monthly directions on rounds to be added and post what they have come up with .. so we can all make our own one so no one to displease right? and also its a great learning process for everyone including myself. I love seeing one project and fifty different color interpretations. Jan suggested I offer two rounds each time so people can pick the one that they are most interested in following and all our quilts would be different in the end.. think this is a good idea? would people go for this type of non swap learn to make your own medallion round about quilt? Maybe a month between rounds for people to work on theirs in better time? see I am only fast due to an internal need to not lose something or be late. if I am late on a deadline I croak. it just can't happen I am thinking on this any ideas please PM me with them so I can tweak this. For me it would kill two birds one stone. I want to do another yet I have gifts to make here too..
Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 AM

Brat I like your idea of a Make you Own Medallion Quilt via a Block of the Month. I don't think I seen one like that on the board. It will take some specific planning (mapping out the entire quilt before hand) so you have the math right before you begin - but you can do it.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:48 AM

I have been following a couple of the round robins here on the board--great job ladies!!) I've been wanting to make a medallion quilt, but haven't yet, so like the idea of the BOM medallion quilt. Would this be something anyone could join or open only to a certain number of people? I'll keep watching this thread for more details...
Old 11-19-2013, 05:10 AM

carriem it would be open to everyone as we would be making our own it doesn't need a specific amount of people. Dragonflynana I have Jaba. She is my math meister she could figure how much fabric is needed lol and also the math part. boy do I not do good on the math part myself. I can't tell you how embarrassing this is btw.. trying to figure out how many 6.5 inch blocks go into .. and we are not talking big numbers here. I do it I do it I do it a third time just to make sure.. then I lay them out not sure if I believe my calculations. what a dork right? better to have too much than too little. right now I am 4 squares short of fabric I needed. miscalculation or perhaps just crudd cutting oh dear. so back to the fabric store I go again for a tiny bit more. ahhhhh... and probably can not buy a tiny bit so a bunch more. lucky for me I like left over scraps. lol.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:21 AM

I think that's a great idea, Brat. I tend to fall short, though, when I make my own deadlines. So I would start following you right on time, then DH would make us some popcorn and ask if I wanted cuddle up and watch a movie, so then I would get to it the next day. Or the next day. Or.. the next day. Haha.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:12 AM

distractions are the death of me some days also. Other days I ignore the phone that is what answering machines are, I tell the dh thank you but no thank you and I gift myself sewing time. I need it and I greedily hord it. I am so bummed I am putting sewing away for four days but its only four days. I am sure only is not the word I will be thinking. Withdrawals! omg I am an addict! I am panicking already lol.. no sewing? really? do I have to? sigh.. yes I do. ok I can do this.. I hope.

I have decided to do a medallion block of the month thing so just have to do crunch numbers and patterns with Jaba on fabric requirements etc. so .. wish me luck.. probably start it mid Dec when everyone who has presents to make has probably made the biggest ones and might want something to do.. could start it right after Christmas that is a week of .. lots of time off, no holiday rush anymore.. might be a better idea. Give me and Jan some time to collect our thoughts. She for some reason wants ME to run it. lol.. maybe I can sneak a tricky deal in where she does. she is so much better at things like this than I ever will be. ps she makes killer lasagna and brownies.. I know. she dropped some off yesterday and we polished it off last night.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:33 PM

I think Jaba has you spoiled!!!! Lucky you.